Main Menu

What I learnt from Round 1

Started by Cookie Monster, March 26, 2016, 05:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie Monster

A very impressive come back victory for the dee's and it was a very hard fought game and i'm sure all fans are over the moon.

A very impressive start to the game with quick and efficient ball movement, great ball pressure and some very good individual performances from the likes of Watts and Oliver.

In qtrs 2 and 3 though they fell away, and i think thats the way the season will go, they can play pretty poorly at times and i think that will hurt them.

But that last quarter Jesse Hogan was the X factor no question and kicked 3 goals, i believe he is a smokey chance for the Coleman medal.

Overall a great win for the club, but still some improvement to go from a young list!

Big Mac

Need to be much smarter about the way we go inside 50, had something like 42 entries for 10 scoring shots at one stage which just isn't good enough

Last qtr was far better, instead of just sitting it on top of Jesse's head we actually kicked it in front and let him/others lead on to it. Which in turn lead to goals instead of the GWS defenders simply bunching up and bringing it to ground

Could tell the ball movement was better though, has clearly been a significant focus of the off-season. Just about reducing those turnovers through the middle of the ground and improving i50 delivery now