Main Menu

Something that bugs me

Started by PowerBug, March 24, 2016, 01:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-24/cricket-professional-batsmen-more-likely-to-use-reversed-stance/7273616?section=sport

flower me it didn't take a bloody research to work this out... Been saying this for years because of bloody common sense!! Top hand = more control play through the V etc.. you know what you get taught. Makes sense to have your top hand your dominant hand. And dominant bottom hand = leg side hacks.

Now there's alsways exceptions to the rule but lets look at some examples shall we.
Michael Clarke, Matthew Hayden, Alastair Cook, Brian Lara, Michael Hussey

grrr it just annoys me jsut because it's been something I've been saying for a long time and now a study comes out as if it's like a new concept that had never been discovered before.

Nige

To be honest, I think as a kid I was always switched it up, not on purpose though, just because I never had any batting technique.

Like, I'd grip the bat in whatever way, practice the same few shots (no defensive ones obviously) and then swing wildly and miss 9 times out of 10.

I always hear commentators talking about unconventional techniques and whatnot, but if it works, why does it have to be conventional? Steve Smith comes to mind as an example the commentators already refer to about the way he bats. And there are plenty of bowlers who get criticised for their actions (mainly referring to seamers).