Main Menu

West Coast 2016 Season Thread

Started by LF, March 14, 2016, 01:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Coulda won the Norm Smith in 2008. Real shame, he clearly had talent. Time was up though so the right call was made.

RaisyDaisy

Was clean with the ball and had talent, but his body just continually let him down and we really never got a solid look at him

RaisyDaisy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/dockers-shock-as-ballantyne-asks-for-trade-to-eagles

To wake up and hear this, I am so pissed off

If we actually accepted him and gave him senior games I would be bordlerline boycotting WCE  >:(

elephants

LF

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2016-08-20/torn-acl-for-naitanui

The West Coast Eagles can confirm that scans today have revealed that star ruckman Nic Naitanui ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in the third quarter of last night’s victory over Hawthorn.

He will require a knee reconstruction and the club and Nic will next week discuss the best path forward with surgeons. The club will make no further comment on this matter.

:'(   :'(   :'(

Nige

RaisyDaisy

kilbluff1985

The Eagles have cut experienced duo Patrick McGinnity and Jamie Bennell as well as rookies Kane Lucas, Brant Colledge, Alec Waterman and Corey Adamson.

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 12, 2016, 01:08:09 PM
The Eagles have cut experienced duo Patrick McGinnity and Jamie Bennell as well as rookies Kane Lucas, Brant Colledge, Alec Waterman and Corey Adamson.

Yeah happy with that.

Sugar Kane is a wonderful WAFL player and thats it.
Jamie Bennell had a really good patch in the Eagles team a year or two ago but not having played since round 2 at 26 years of age his time was up, time to find someone through the draft.
Waterman was unlucky with his body letting him down, hopefully we can get his brother!
Adamson is an average bloke but was making progress at WAFL level. Don't mind this though, if he's not part of the future and he's not in the first team he's gotta go.
Reckon Colledge might end up with Woosha at the Bombers, but his WAFL season this year was a long way down on last year.
Patty Mac is a heart and soul player, sad to see him go but it had to happen.

Gigantor

Agree with Ele, sad to see McGinnity go but other than Duggan we haven't really given any rookies a run in the last two years and considering none of them are from WA we are at risk of losing a few of the

Apparently Adamson got dropped to the reserves a few weeks ago and his Dad went to the game and made a bit of scene haha probably didn't help his cause :)

elephants

Haha I went to school with Adamson, fair to say he's a bit of an arrogant bloke. Has talent I reckon but if the atiitude isnt 100% then meh

Nice intel on the parenting blowup too! Haha

Gigantor

Quote from: elephants on September 12, 2016, 02:16:14 PM
Haha I went to school with Adamson, fair to say he's a bit of an arrogant bloke. Has talent I reckon but if the atiitude isnt 100% then meh

Yeah his old man is fairly arrogant too, used to be the state director of the company I work for.
There are lots of people involved in baseball who he employeed over the years who still work here so there was plenty of chat about it all this morning after the delisting news dropped

RaisyDaisy

McGinnity and Lucas have both announced their retirements, but will seek other opportunities in the game.

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 12, 2016, 04:07:14 PM
McGinnity and Lucas have both announced their retirements, but will seek other opportunities in the game.

Wow I thought they'd be happy playing WAFL, both were pretty dominant at that level

Quote from: Gigantor on September 12, 2016, 03:10:30 PM

Yeah his old man is fairly arrogant too, used to be the state director of the company I work for.
There are lots of people involved in baseball who he employeed over the years who still work here so there was plenty of chat about it all this morning after the delisting news dropped

Haha geez yeah Corey had his dads arrogance. Didn't help that he was signed to a 500k contract at the end of year 11 haha

LF

Quote from: elephants on September 12, 2016, 04:20:05 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 12, 2016, 04:07:14 PM

Wow I thought they'd be happy playing WAFL, both were pretty dominant at that level

Quote from: Gigantor on September 12, 2016, 03:10:30 PM

Haha geez yeah Corey had his dads arrogance. Didn't help that he was signed to a 500k contract at the end of year 11 haha

Nah McGinnity has done all his coaching courses etc and is keen to go into coaching heard an interview with him on 6pr one night
He seems like a really good bloke having read a previous interview he did and this actually probably wouldn't have bothered him a lot he is a team player not someone that is all about himself