Main Menu

West Coast 2016 Season Thread

Started by LF, March 14, 2016, 01:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

No doubt we're just making up the numbers

All year I have not seen us play the fluent, team orientated and structured way we seemed to play every game last year

NicNat will be back next week or the week after, but unless things change dramatically we're just making up the numbers

Not expecting anything this year, but the one thing I keep telling myself is that we do have time on our side - in that there is still enough games in the regular season to try and turn things around and find that form we have previously shown. Might be clutching at straws, but geeez the boys have looked ordinary all year and nothing like last year

_wato

2015 Points For - 106, Points Against - 71
2016 Points For - 103, Points Against - 77

Not much of a difference is there?

Based on league averages though

Ranked
17th in total disposals
11th in contested possession
11th in Disposal %, yet ranked last in clangers
10th in tackles
9th in marks, 3rd in contested marks
2nd for marks Inside 50
1st in hitouts, but 8th in centre clearances, 9th in stoppages
1st in FF, 10th in FA
15th in rebound 50's
16th in 1%'s
15th in Bounces
9th for Inside 50's
3rd in Goal Assists

I reckon last year, your clearances were up, 1%'s were up, inside 50's were up and uncontested possessions were higher. Seems as if the team isn't working hard enough and getting beaten on the inside more than they have been before. Shows the impact of NN, but even with him they've been a shadow of what they were.

Nige

Apparently NicNat's a sneaky chance to return this week.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on July 19, 2016, 07:50:50 PM

Nah I wouldn't think so. Simmo said he is a chance to face Collingwood next week, and if not it will be the week after

Hoping he gets up next because Collingwood at the G is where we need him

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 19, 2016, 07:53:04 PM
Quote from: Nige on July 19, 2016, 07:50:50 PM

Nah I wouldn't think so. Simmo said he is a chance to face Collingwood next week, and if not it will be the week after

Hoping he gets up next because Collingwood at the G is where we need him
Eh, meant next week, no idea why I typed 'this' over 'next' haha.

RaisyDaisy

LF

elephants

Well well well.

I think we'll now finish bottom of the top 8 (probably 7th) and likely lose away from home.

Really don't know what to say, the gap between our best and our worst is just horrific.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on August 02, 2016, 12:20:55 PM
Well well well.

I think we'll now finish bottom of the top 8 (probably 7th) and likely lose away from home.

Really don't know what to say, the gap between our best and our worst is just horrific.

And the problem is that 90% of the year it's our worst that is being put up each week

The fall off from the way we played last year has been dramatic

We're making up the numbers and will be out first week

Nige

What do you guys reckon the problem(s) actually has been?

Obviously no Nic Nat hasn't helped (thought Lycett's been pretty good I reckon).

I don't think you guys lost any from the team that made the grand final?

I'm really surprised, I genuinely thought West Coast could back up last year.

RaisyDaisy

It's the way the team is playing together

Last year everyone was in sync, following the structures and playing their role beautifully

When I watch us this year that chemistry is just not there and the fluency of last year is also not there

We've also got a fair chunk of the list who really out of form and playing really poorly too, meaning that too much is being required and left to a few select to do

elephants

Yeah I thought we were verging on a dynasty with last year being a real learning year.

Shame, because ultimately we will be fighting for second place with the Giants dynasty to kick off next season.

jvalles69

Yeah, what an ugly way to finish off the season.  If I was simmo I'd be inclined to put in the team that was winning last year for the rest of the season and see if they can get back to that level.

LF

Xavier Ellis just announced his retirement effective immediately

Bit sad,injuries really stuffed him around

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-09/eagle-xavier-ellis-calls-it-quits