Mumma's Bois 2016

Started by Huttabito, March 08, 2016, 06:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huttabito

Hey Guys,

First team post of the year now we're into the business end of pre-season.

Currently looking at a team without Ablett. Didn't have him all pre-season last year and bought him in at the last moment which resulted in a team reshuffle and trading out the likes of Goldy to fund him...

DEF: Shaw, McDonald, Bartel, Smith, Brown (Ess), Hartley (Tucker, Collins)
MID: Fyfe, Dangerfield, Rockliff, Parker, Liberatore, Mills, Oliver, B.Kennedy (Gore, Petracca, Mathieson)
RUC: Goldstein, Martin (Grimley)
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Wells, Menadue, Kerridge (McCarthy, McDonald-Tip)
Bank $67,600

I am mostly happy with how it looks. Midfield possibly under a little underdone especially with the amount of people running with 5 uber premiums however it ensures a solid backline which i shouldn't need to touch apart from 2 upgrades - not a fan of these 350k defenders as they may cost trades down the track. Although, by downgrading McDonald and bringing in Weitering at D4 I can play around with Oliver/Mills/Kennedy to bring in any combo of players under 971k (Gresham/Pendles/Kennedy, Oliver/Ward/Kennedy, Gresham/Priddis/Mills etc)... I would love peoples thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Bully

Looks like a good mix to me, well balanced, taking a few punts there on Greene & Smith but could pay off handsomely. Just bear in mind that none of you mid bench could be named, might have to find the funds for Gresham and possibly MacAffer. Starting to warm to Oliver, think he might be the best of the 200k players.

Footyrulz

DEF: Can't see Mcdonald keeping up his average given his poor second half of the season. Rest is good.

MID: No Gazza...

RUC: Great combo

FOR: Very good balance.

I think you could downgrade 1 of your expensive mid rookies - probably Oliver. There should be plenty of good cheap mid rookies. Then you can upgrade either Mcdonald to a proper premium, and/or Parker to Gaz.

piesfan1989

If you downgraded ben kennedy to a basement rookie such as polkinghorne, then upgraded Parker to Ablett, I think it would be very hard to fault this team

I'd give it a 9.7/10 if you did that

ronl

Agree, you've gotta have Gaz (unless you know something we don't) ;) everybody starts getting a bit paranoid about now.

Huttabito

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Little bit of a rejig and would love your thoughts...

DEF: Shaw, Gibson, Williams, Dea, Hartley, Broad (Collins, Ruggles)
MID: Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett, J.Selwood, Rockliff, Liberatore, B.Crouch, Mills (Gresham, Dunkley, Davis)
RUC: Goldstein, Gawn (Grimley)
FWD: Barlow, Robinson, Hall, Wells, Menadue, Kerridge (McCarthy, McDonald-Tip)

Bank: $12,300

I feel like I'm missing something in Defence but I can't ignore that midfield...

Have I gone in the wrong/right direction from my first team?

Cheers

Huttabito

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Weitering, Dea, Adams (McTip, Brown)
MID: Dangerfield, Fyfe, Ablett, J.Selwood, Liberatore, Wells, Oliver, Mills (Hewett, Davis, Dunkley)
RUC: Goldstein, Gawn (Wyatt)
FWD: Robinson, Hall, Barlow, B.Kennedy, Kerridge, McCarthy (Papley, Menadue)
Bank: $292,400
Trades left: 28

Would love some advice.

I think my team is in a relatively good position, major concerns are with the rookies Mills and Hewett. They just aren't doing enough and I want to inject the money in my bank. Is it ok to burn 2 trades again this week given I have no other major concerns?

If so, Mills and Hewett to any combo up to $699,200

Would be looking at Parker/Zorko and Hartley pending team selections. Then 1 trade of Dunkley to Ruggles next week and then sit and hold.

Any other suggestions?

jvalles69

Yeah that looks like your best bet, but even consider Ruggles a week early...saves you a trade next week, plus I think he has better JS than Hartley.

Huttabito

Mid Season Update

DEF: Shaw, Bartel, Laird, Simpson, Adams, McTip (Collins, Tucker)
MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Hannebery, Ablett, Ward, Rockliff, J.Selwood, Priddis (Liberatore, Trengove, MacPherson)
RUC: Goldstein, Gawn (Wyatt)
FWD: Martin, Wells, Franklin, Hall, Robinson, Lycett (Petracca, Howard)
Bank: $5,100
Trades: 11

Planned trades this week of Adams/Libba/Petracca to Rance/Phillips/Montagna, bank $148,100

Next Week: McTip/Collins/Tucker leaves me with $963,700 assuming no price rise from Collins/Tucker. Will look at bringing in a 102k rookie and a combination of McVeigh/Yeo, Docherty/McKenzie (or better pending price rises).

Post byes, 5 trades left with Yeo/McKenzie at D7, Lycett at F7/R3 and Trengrove at M9, but can cover with Hall if needed. Should be able to move on Trengrove in 4 weeks to a solid M9 and pending any need for a downgrade, will have 3/4 injury trades to see the season out/bring in Zorko.

Easier said than done!