British XV Predictions for 2016

Started by GoLions, February 29, 2016, 07:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

The hawks best XV average more than the Badgers :P Werewolves are the only stand outs :D (Hurricanes average more too going on last years averages and using projected for those who didn't play :P)

Rids

British Cup Premiers: Bradford Badgers
Prince of Wales Shield (Minor Premiers): Bradford Badgers
Dungeon Award (last on ladder): Leeds Leeches
Most Improved Team: Grope Lane Giants
Biggest Slider: Rams but only because they won the Premiership and I think they are 5th
Her Majesty's MVP Player Award: Taylor Adams
North v South Brave Heart Shield: doesn't worry me too much tbh
Rising Star Award: Darcy Parish
Robin Hood Award (Leading Goalkicker): Travis Cloke

Top 8 for the year:

Badgers
Werewolves
Dragons
Hoods
Rams
Breakers
Hawks
Giants

kilbluff1985

cant wait to see Rocky scoring 400 minimum as captain on a regular basis and Tom Mitchell is going to kill it with this scoring also

i finally have a good team to support Rocky

GoLions

Thought I'd look back at this, still early stages but getting a good indication of which teams will do well and which will struggle a bit.

Quote from: GoLions on March 01, 2016, 12:48:37 PM
British Cup Premiers: Werewolves :'(
Prince of Wales Shield (Minor Premiers): Werewolves
Dungeon Award (last on ladder): Giants
Most Improved Team: Dragons
Biggest Slider: Rams
Her Majesty's MVP Player Award: Rocky
North v South Brave Heart Shield: North 8)
Rising Star Award: Mills
Robin Hood Award (Leading Goalkicker): JJK

Top 8 for the year:
Werewolves
Badgers
Hawks
Hurricanes
Magic
Dragons
Hedgies
Knights

I'll add in my bottom 8 as well:
Hoods
Breakers
Leeches
Owls
Rams
Steins
Bunnies
Giants

Werewolves still looking like the team to beat, and their best probably can't be beaten by anyone in the comp. But, as we've seen the last few years and already this year (particularly this week), they can be beaten if having a slightly off day.

I thought the Giants would be a lot more competitive, but didn't think they'd knock off someone like the Breakers with 1 less player!  Definitely a chance of proving me wrong here.

Dragons seem to be the most improved atm, as expected. When Rocky gets back...look out everyone. Should make top 6, and if they don't get any more major injuries, sneaky chance at top 4. Owls also been impressive.

Rams, Hoods, Magic all probably competing for this atm.

Looks like Rocky ain't gonna be da real MVP :'(
SMitchell the surprise leader thus far. Could definitely take the award, especially when Ablett, Fyfe, Gray, Priddis are all in the same team and will steal votes off of each other! Sidenote: Cotchin would have been 2nd if I played him every week :P

Sir Daniel of Caleb a sneaky chance? Been very impressive so far and has currently earnt himself a regular spot in the Badgers XV. Darcy Parish and Clayton Oliver also been very good, and so those 3 would be my front-runners atm.

My boy Tommy J currently just ahead of Waite in the Coleman! ;D
JJK equal 5th atm, 6 goals behind. KEEP GOING TOMMY MY BOY.

As for the ladder, Magic have been a tad disappointing. Owls have been much better than expected, and would probably be the only change to the final 8 that I'd make atm. A bad start has probably cost me a top 2 spot already, mainly due to poor selection. If this continues, I'll find myself without a second chance come finals, assuming I make finals of course ;)

iZander

Super interesting looking back at this haha :D

^^ Hurricanes still couldnt get a mention even halfway through the season :P