AFL Fantasy Draft Strategy

Started by elephants, February 09, 2016, 07:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Hey lads, its that time of year again that we're gearing up for our elite drafts...

So anyone have a major strategy in mind? I promise I'm not in your leagues so I won't wreck your chances of winning :P

GoLions

Get pick 1. Pick Rocky. ???. Win.

elephants

Quote from: GoLions on February 09, 2016, 07:07:04 PM
Get pick 1. Pick Rocky. ???. Win.

Hahah I can't rig the draft though :P

I would actually much rather a late pick!

Ricochet

Depending on league sizes but

If you miss Goldy and SMartin, don't grab a ruck until almost your last pick. There's plenty that will average 85-95

If you miss Rocky or Ablett, look at grabbing fwds and defenders before taking mids. (Boyds/McVeighs/Bartel/etc and Barlow/DMartins/etc). There are plenty of mids that can average 100-110, not many defenders that can average 90+ or fwds that can average 95+

elephants

Yep on that, it heavily depends on what pick you end up with.

Early pick, take a super premo (Martin, Rocky, Goldy, GAJ)... Later pick take the best fwd or back.

I'm seriously praying I get a later pick!

GoLions

Also depends on whether captains are on or off

elephants

Yeah it does, my league has no captains and we're doing it live at a mates place so it should be intense!

nas

Quote from: elephants on February 10, 2016, 07:43:49 PM
Yeah it does, my league has no captains and we're doing it live at a mates place so it should be intense!

Pass the lappy, instead of pass the parcel!  :P

elephants

Quote from: nas on February 10, 2016, 07:50:41 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 10, 2016, 07:43:49 PM

Pass the lappy, instead of pass the parcel!  :P

Haha lucky we all have our own so it should run pretty smoothly provided the wifi modem doesn't get fried!