The Coolest Cats 2k16.

Started by Nige, January 29, 2016, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: steven3 on February 22, 2016, 09:36:36 PM
Going against what the others say but i really like the roberton pick, especially as a pod and i think he could go big this year as well. A few other risks as well but if all of them pay off its a good team.
Thanks mate. I'm quite bullish about how well he'll go so fingers crossed he repays the faith.

Nige

Righto, here's another version. Decided to load up down back and take advantage of the cheap options up forward.

$52,700 left to work with for whatever needs to be done.

Thoughts would be dandy.  :)

Gandalf123

that forward line just makes me nervous, i much preferred the one you put up previously, more balanced and could be very dangerous if all the PODs put it together for ya - although, i do like sicily and mcarthy but just don't see any potential in their scoring abilities, and i'm not to sure about ellis either, so the only thing i can think for you to do is downgrade a backmen, could even downgrade Shaw to someone like a Yeo (or anyone around his price range) and potentially have the cash to upgrade Sicily to a prem!
Either way i like the way your teams not cookie cutter at all! good stuff

GoLions

Yeah reckon you've gone a tad too strong in defence Nigey boy, but I don't mind the 2 premo fwd line, going with that atm myself. Would look to strengthen your mids if you can by dropping someone like Shaw or Houli. Like the Laird pick. Roberton would have been great to have in one of those XV comps last year, ay? ;)

Nige

Quote from: Gandalf123 on March 01, 2016, 12:27:03 PM
that forward line just makes me nervous, i much preferred the one you put up previously, more balanced and could be very dangerous if all the PODs put it together for ya - although, i do like sicily and mcarthy but just don't see any potential in their scoring abilities, and i'm not to sure about ellis either, so the only thing i can think for you to do is downgrade a backmen, could even downgrade Shaw to someone like a Yeo (or anyone around his price range) and potentially have the cash to upgrade Sicily to a prem!
Either way i like the way your teams not cookie cutter at all! good stuff
Yeah, it makes me a tad nervous too tbh haha. Nothing set in stone just yet as I'll assess most of the options after NAB and a few more preseason reports drop. If there is a change made, Shaw will probably be downgraded, although I really do wanna keep him.

Quote from: GoLions on March 01, 2016, 12:53:30 PM
Yeah reckon you've gone a tad too strong in defence Nigey boy, but I don't mind the 2 premo fwd line, going with that atm myself. Would look to strengthen your mids if you can by dropping someone like Shaw or Houli. Like the Laird pick. Roberton would have been great to have in one of those XV comps last year, ay? ;)
I've thought about strengthening the mids by chucking in a sneaky POD like my boy De Goey who should well and truly justify selection, or alternatively somebody more proven. Sussing out a few options atm and will probably have a different structure in the next update.

sammy123

very good team nige. some interesting picks.

my thoughts:

is roberton injured?

i think you should choose 1 of mills/hopper.

risky fwd line. big balls if you risk ha.

check my team out and give us ur thoughts when u get a chance

Nige

Quote from: sammy123 on March 02, 2016, 06:53:14 PM
very good team nige. some interesting picks.

my thoughts:

is roberton injured?

i think you should choose 1 of mills/hopper.

risky fwd line. big balls if you risk ha.

check my team out and give us ur thoughts when u get a chance
Thanks mate!

I'm keeping tabs on Robbo. Should be fine for Round 1 but definitely continuing to monitor because he's a big part of my team right now.

At this stage, I might drop Hopper even though I think he'll do amazing, Mills will be on another level I reckon, plenty of options to replace Hopper anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Forward line is risky, I'll probably make the changes to add a third premo in there, or at least a mid-pricer with serious potential.

Nige

So after telling myself I wouldn't do SC this season, I made a team anyway and I then said I'd only make a team and then leave it until after NAB, changed it several times during already - here's the latest edition.

I've listened to most of the advice in this thread while sticking to what I do best. As a result, I've got $70,400 left which is pretty much saved for rookie watch aka adjusting the rookies depending on who pops up and who doesn't.

Quite happy with this now and it should be fairly competitive while remaining somewhat unique due to keeping my own flavour in it.

Ringo

No Treloar thought he would be in your team.  ;)

Structure is sound. 

One of the few teams I have seen without Pendles but you have Danger instead.

When finalising rookies and know it is your team but I would look at one of Menandue or Kerridge in the mids to give you the extra flexibility with DPP. Looks like there will be quite a few forward rookies to choose from at this stage.

Capper

i would upgrade mummy to Goldy

piesfan1989

Not sure how much money you have but if you could get wells in at f4, that would be one of the best teams i've seen so far due to the risk minimisation factor.

I just think too many people are taking massive chances on 200-280k players which are traditionally flops unless they're proven scores (suckling when he was 240k one year). Wells will be the only guarantee player in that price range that performs, I think the others are too risky and people are judging them off NAB cup which is where those kind of players stand out because they try their guts out to cement a spot. Nobody else gives a rats ass, I think when teams post near-full squads next week, we'll see panic stations because these cheap/mid price players will struggle

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on March 05, 2016, 02:28:15 PM
No Treloar thought he would be in your team.  ;)

Structure is sound. 

One of the few teams I have seen without Pendles but you have Danger instead.

When finalising rookies and know it is your team but I would look at one of Menandue or Kerridge in the mids to give you the extra flexibility with DPP. Looks like there will be quite a few forward rookies to choose from at this stage.
Haha nah, no Treloar. Might find his way in, but not starting with him.

Have thought about the Mena/Kedge link but haven't yet done it.

Quote from: Capper on March 05, 2016, 03:43:21 PM
i would upgrade mummy to Goldy
Have considered, but Mummy's a staple of my team, as is Matt Priddis. I'll never not start either.

Quote from: piesfan1989 on March 06, 2016, 01:46:26 PM
Not sure how much money you have but if you could get wells in at f4, that would be one of the best teams i've seen so far due to the risk minimisation factor.

I just think too many people are taking massive chances on 200-280k players which are traditionally flops unless they're proven scores (suckling when he was 240k one year). Wells will be the only guarantee player in that price range that performs, I think the others are too risky and people are judging them off NAB cup which is where those kind of players stand out because they try their guts out to cement a spot. Nobody else gives a rats ass, I think when teams post near-full squads next week, we'll see panic stations because these cheap/mid price players will struggle
Had $70,400 left with that team. Not interested in Wells whatsoever.

I'm wary about midpricers and rookies struggling in full strength teams, but that's why when everyone else is looking at placeholder rookies, I'm activaly assessing all the ones that I have in mind. For the most part, my rookies haven't changed, for a multitude of reasons.

Nige

This might actually be one of the last edits I make before I settle on the team going into Round 1. I kid, that's not gonna happen, but it might be the last time I post a team up before the season proper begins.

Tried something a bit different with this one. Really loaded up in the mids and altered the structure I've been running with for a while, leaving out picks that I really wanna start in the process (Heater, De Goey).

With this team, I have $57,100 left to play with.

Down back is more or less settled really. Heater went out, Hurn came in. Been wanting both in my team since the start but really only managed one because I really want Laird and Roberton in there too. Lonergan's bordering on being a must imo, so he's there, plus the usual suspects in the Bombers boys plus two of the better rookie options imo.

6 premo mids, potentially all top 10. That's not including Libba who should do good things. Mills the only rookie starting, but he's well worth it - the kid can seriously play. Gore, Matho and Clarke have been my bench mids since forever it feels, I'll keep them there until we're all wiser over who lines up R1 and who doesn't.

Stef/Mummy combo hasn't and won't change. For me, it's set and forget until when if Mummy gets injured. I've got more faith than George Michael.

Dusty and Barlow are locks and the plethora of fwd cheapies means I'm abusing that. Of the rookies I have, I believe that all of them are a very solid chance of lining up for the first round of the season so I shouldn't face a problem, but there are more in contention, so no problems regardless.

Thoughts appreciated as always.  :)

Nige

Final version before R1 teams drop. Pretty happy with it overall, but I'm expecting teams to spring a few curveballs or to get cold feet on a pick or two.

$100,700 left for anything that can and will go wrong, most likely with rookies.

Feedback appreciated as always.

Gigantor

I know you won't want to hear this but...... Milera to Wells :)