The Coolest Cats 2k16.

Started by Nige, January 29, 2016, 06:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

So I originally didn't even plan on doing Supercoach or any of the comps (apart from the draft stuff), but I just can't stay away. As a result, here we are again planning a team for the 2016 season.

NB: The team below is a mix of common sense, bias and a lack of proper thought. Educated guesses on rookies, you know how it is. Tell me how flowering terrible the team really is.  :P

Heater, Boyd, Simmo, Roberton, Dea, M.Brown [the Bombers one] (M.Adams, K.Collins)
Fyfe, GAJ, Priddis, Rocky, Bird, Hopper, Cuningham, Menegola (Gore, Matho, Dunkley)
Stef, Mummy (Naismith)
Lids, Dusty, Dahl, Kerridge, Sumner, Petracca (Keough, Gallucci)

$64,300 left to play with.

Constructively (or not) criticise it or interrogate me on any and/or all selections and I'll make up some bullshower to justify it.  8)

Hawker_08

Quote from: Nige on January 29, 2016, 06:16:57 PM
So I originally didn't even plan on doing Supercoach or any of the comps (apart from the draft stuff), but I just can't stay away. As a result, here we are again planning a team for the 2016 season.

NB: The team below is a mix of common sense, bias and a lack of proper thought. Educated guesses on rookies, you know how it is. Tell me how flowering terrible the team really is.  :P

Heater, Boyd, Simmo, Roberton, Dea, M.Brown [the Bombers one] (M.Adams, K.Collins)
Fyfe, GAJ, Priddis, Rocky, Bird, Hopper, Cuningham, Menegola (Gore, Matho, Dunkley)
Stef, Mummy (Naismith)
Lids, Dusty, Dahl, Kerridge, Sumner, Petracca (Keough, Gallucci)

$64,300 left to play with.

Constructively (or not) criticise it or interrogate me on any and/or all selections and I'll make up some bullshower to justify it.  8)

Hey Nige - actually don't mind it. I just think that going that strong in def is hindering the potential of your other lines. There actually seem to be quite a few good rookie options floating around. No Libba or Crouch as well? could pay off with another injury but surely they are close to locks. Except for that I actually like it. Good luck for this year and would love your thoughts on my team.

sammy123

defence: boyds age concerns me. roberton not sure about.

mids: 1 premo short IMO

rucks: mummy injury prone. but huge scorer.

fwds: lids overpriced still top 10 though. 1 premo short.

rookies look fine. NAB will show us more

AaronKirk

IMO you should drop Boyd to lower priced defender. The likelihood of him playing 22 weeks is slim to nil.

I also have my reservations about him maintaining his average. Maybe look at Brodie Smith or Yeo as decent cheaper options.

Then with the extra coin I either upgrade Bird to a premium midfielder or swing him forward and replace a forward rookie with Crouch or Libba.

The rest of the team is very good man.

Nige

Quote from: Hawker_08 on January 29, 2016, 06:39:33 PM
Hey Nige - actually don't mind it. I just think that going that strong in def is hindering the potential of your other lines. There actually seem to be quite a few good rookie options floating around. No Libba or Crouch as well? could pay off with another injury but surely they are close to locks. Except for that I actually like it. Good luck for this year and would love your thoughts on my team.
Fair enough on def, I'll probably ditch Boyd looking back at it, I'm still willing to gamble on another selection back there so I might look at somebody like Hurn who I think is a bit of a forgotten man and his role + scoring should go back to what it was with the return of Easy.

Libba is in now, not sure how I forgot about him, but he was certainly one I didn't want to leave out.

Quote from: sammy123 on January 29, 2016, 06:41:06 PM
defence: boyds age concerns me. roberton not sure about.

mids: 1 premo short IMO

rucks: mummy injury prone. but huge scorer.

fwds: lids overpriced still top 10 though. 1 premo short.

rookies look fine. NAB will show us more
Boyd's been replaced by Hurn. I think he can return to that mid/high 80s avg because his role will return to normal and it saves me a bit of cash.

Brought in Libba to fix the mid problem, shouldn't be much of an issue since he's underpriced.

Mummy's always a piece of my team, I back him in every year because I have faith.

I know Lids is slightly overpriced but still worth it imo, I might yet ditch him for somebody else to free up a bit of cash. Probably looking at somebody like Barlow. In fact, I've just made the change but could swap him back in.

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 29, 2016, 07:02:16 PM
IMO you should drop Boyd to lower priced defender. The likelihood of him playing 22 weeks is slim to nil.

I also have my reservations about him maintaining his average. Maybe look at Brodie Smith or Yeo as decent cheaper options.

Then with the extra coin I either upgrade Bird to a premium midfielder or swing him forward and replace a forward rookie with Crouch or Libba.

The rest of the team is very good man.
As stated above, Boyd is gone for Hurn.

Bird's gone fwd and Libba is in his place.

Managed to squeeze an extra mid in Crouch in as a result of some shuffling and downgrading which might be risky, but it's still early days.

Nige

v2 as of just now and the responses above.

H.Shaw, S.Hurn, K.Simpson, D.Roberton, M.Brown, K.Collins (M.Adams, J.Castagna)
N.Fyfe, G.Ablett, M.Priddis, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, B.Crouch, N.Freeman, D.Cuningham (D.Gore, R.Mathieson, J.Dunkley)
S.Martin, S.Mumford (S.Naismith)
D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, M.Barlow, C.Bird, S.Kerridge, C.Petracca (T.Keough, A.Gallucci)

$34,100 left now.

I think this team is slightly riskier than the other one, but the pay off is greater. Bit more head over heart because of the risk v reward temptation.

T Dog

If Naismith plays regularly, do you have a loophole option mate?

RaisyDaisy

V2 looking good Nige but I'm not convinced on Roberton. Change him to Bartel and you're cheering

Love the Priddis pick

fasttrack13

Your thoughts on godly? As he's not in your team...

Good team though 13 keepers and a few mid pricers! Good start.
Definitely better options than bird+Roberton imo but Roberton is a good pod! Although as RD said would go for Bartel over him

Nige

Quote from: T Dog on January 29, 2016, 07:55:01 PM
If Naismith plays regularly, do you have a loophole option mate?
I've never been a loophole kind of guy to be honest.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 29, 2016, 08:18:32 PM
V2 looking good Nige but I'm not convinced on Roberton. Change him to Bartel and you're cheering

Love the Priddis pick
Bartel is probably the guy I'll swap him to if I get cold feet but I'm still backing him in for a big 2016, especially if the talk of midfield time is true.

Priddis is always one of my first picked, nothing but love for the man.

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 29, 2016, 08:19:28 PM
Your thoughts on godly? As he's not in your team...

Good team though 13 keepers and a few mid pricers! Good start.
Definitely better options than bird+Roberton imo but Roberton is a good pod! Although as RD said would go for Bartel over him
Love Goldy but he costs a bit, I think Stef will at least equal his avg and costs less. Also always pick Mummy, he's a gun.

Bird should thrive at the Bombers, see above for Roberton.

Nige

Bit bored on this lovely Monday morning so decided to play around with the team.

The changes made are a bit more heart over head, but at the same time there's plenty of thought put into it.

I'm a lot happier with this than the previous version(s) and I'll probably sit on this one until the end of NAB.

$173,900 left to work with. Thoughts or whatever always appreciated.  :)

Ringo

Fair team to sit on Nige.

Defence obviously going cheap like most. Gutsy picks with Houli and hurn which could pay off,
Mids Sound - Just wondering whether you may pick a mid with more upside than Priddis.  Priddis does not have too much deviation so I am targeting him as an upgrade.  Go with gut though
Rucks: Sound
Forwards: Sound

Not really commenting on rookies just yet but keep an eye on Duggan as there may cheaper rooks surface.  Nice cash bank for rectifications as well.

fanTCfool

Plenty of cash to have stored away, come the beginning of the season, where do you think it will be spent?

Nige

Quote from: Ringo on February 22, 2016, 12:38:17 PM
Fair team to sit on Nige.

Defence obviously going cheap like most. Gutsy picks with Houli and hurn which could pay off,
Mids Sound - Just wondering whether you may pick a mid with more upside than Priddis.  Priddis does not have too much deviation so I am targeting him as an upgrade.  Go with gut though
Rucks: Sound
Forwards: Sound

Not really commenting on rookies just yet but keep an eye on Duggan as there may cheaper rooks surface.  Nice cash bank for rectifications as well.

I think I'll stay gutsy rather than become cookie cutter.

Priddis will stay, I pick him every year and he repays the faith.

Would have picked Sheed had he not had surgery recently and I reckon Duggan's gonna slot right in and kill it.

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 22, 2016, 05:48:16 PM
Plenty of cash to have stored away, come the beginning of the season, where do you think it will be spent?

Not yet sure yet, haven't given it too much thought. I'll see who impresses me leading up to Round 1 of a few cheeky selections I have in mind. Might chuck in absolute wildcard and shuffle things around depending.

steven3

Going against what the others say but i really like the roberton pick, especially as a pod and i think he could go big this year as well. A few other risks as well but if all of them pay off its a good team.