Main Menu

McCarthy granted indefinite leave

Started by LF, January 29, 2016, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/gws/afl-2016-cam-mccarthy-granted-indefinite-leave-from-greater-western-sydney/news-story/be7819ffa23550ef6ea989f2de5cbbd5

GWS Giants forward Cam McCarthy is set to return to Western Australia after being granted indefinite leave from the club to deal with “personal issues”.

In a statement released by the club this morning, Giants chief David Matthews said McCarthy was “struggling to deal” with the demands of AFL football.

“After careful consideration and ongoing discussion with Cameron, his family and his manager, we have agreed that it is in Cam’s best interests to return to Perth for an indefinite period of leave,” Matthews said.

“Cam has most recently been struggling to deal with the day to day demands of being an AFL footballer and as a result we have agreed that the best course of action is for him to step away from the game.”

Pkbaldy

The weak dog is so faking it... Just so he can play at Freo as soon as possible.

fanTCfool

Hard to tell if he is serious, or "stuff you blokes for not trading me :'("

Gigantor

I'll generally go in to bat for anyone who is battling mental health issues but this really seems dodgy to me

Ricochet

Nige

Capper

Its a bit of 6 one 1 half a dozen of the other.

Some will say suck it up. Just because you didnt get the trade you wanted to Freo you are going to take some time off.

Others who know the feeling, feel for him. As when anxiety hits you don't know how to cope.

Hope he is alright and this isn't a ploy

Gigantor

Ricochet

tbagrocks

It's their own fault! If the Giants had recruited better in the first place instead of hoarding draft picks, they would have a better culture and the young guys might have wanted to stick around!

Told you all that would happen!

Mr.Craig

Could have got something decent for him and now they will likely get squat.

Barra13

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 29, 2016, 02:38:21 PM
The weak dog is so faking it... Just so he can play at Freo as soon as possible.

I hope so. Then they might leave Jesse Hogan alone.  ;D

JBs-Hawks

meow meow

Never trust anyone with a moustache.

nrich102

I hate how the first thought is that he's faking it. Maybe he is genuinly home sick, and something has happenned since he signed the new contract.

If he is faking it, it's pretty poor, but there's no real proof of that yet.