Main Menu

McCarthy granted indefinite leave

Started by LF, January 29, 2016, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 10, 2016, 07:09:24 AM
even if he was available to be selected would have to be in good form to stay in the best 22
This is true.

Jezza's their no.1, I daresay Lobb's almost got himself in as no.2 in the pecking order because he can play as the back-up ruck and Patton's no.3 because they invested so much into him through his knee injuries and obviously being the no.1 draft pick.

Plus then there's Tomlinson/Stewart as well.

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 10, 2016, 09:08:00 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 30, 2016, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 29, 2016, 06:57:52 PM
It's their own fault! If the Giants had recruited better in the first place instead of hoarding draft picks, they would have a better culture and the young guys might have wanted to stick around!

Told you all that would happen!

Oh yeah, so when players leave the crows they're mummas boys, sooks and wimps, but any other club it's a culture issue.

Step off you hypocritical flog.

Got to love how this guy always misses what I actually meant, a few of you though tbh ;)

Adelaide recruited a team of mature footballers and all but missed the GF after just three years ........  yeah, totally the same ::)

Adelaide made the top 8 once in their first 6 years.

GWS tried to recruit star players when they started, but nobody wanted to come to sydney. They didn't want just rejects like the crows current team, so they decided to load up on talent so when they invariably lose players due to the go home factor, they still retained young talent. When they had the opportunity to get established and good players (Mumford, Shaw, Griffen, Stevie J) they went for it.

Their strategy was sound, and that's why they're currently sitting top 4.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ziplock on May 10, 2016, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 10, 2016, 07:09:24 AM
even if he was available to be selected would have to be in good form to stay in the best 22

haha

because the rest of freo has had to stay in good form?

:P

Look, if he does have genuine mental health problems, I feel bad for him. If he doesn't, he's a little dog and a flower wit. But I don't know which one's right so I'm not going to judge him and I'll give him benefit of the doubt. Best of luck to him.

i was talking about him getting games for GWS this year

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 14, 2016, 08:08:22 PM
It's their own fault! If the Giants had recruited better in the first place instead of hoarding draft picks, they would have a better culture and the young guys might have wanted to stick around!

Oh yeah, so when players leave the crows they're mummas boys, sooks and wimps, but any other club it's a culture issue.

Got to love how this guy always misses what I actually meant, a few of you though tbh ;)

Adelaide recruited a team of mature footballers and all but missed the GF after just three years ........  yeah, totally the same ::)

Adelaide made the top 8 once in their first 6 years and 2 flags in their first 8 years.

GWS tried to recruit star players when they started, but nobody wanted to come to sydney. They didn't want just rejects like the crows current team, so they decided to load up on talent so when they invariably lose players due to the go home factor, they still retained young talent. When they had the opportunity to get established and good players (Mumford, Shaw, Griffen, Stevie J) they went for it.

Fixed.  :P

Ziplock

Quote from: Grazz on May 14, 2016, 11:36:29 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 14, 2016, 08:08:22 PM

Adelaide made the top 8 once in their first 6 years and 2 flags in their first 8 years.

Fixed.  :P

we're using comparable time frames to the giants :P

Grazz

Yeh I know, just being a smarty pants is all mate.  ;)