Main Menu

McCarthy granted indefinite leave

Started by LF, January 29, 2016, 02:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Really don't like how the kid has gone about all this, needs to harden the flower up. Don't believe any of the mental issues I reckon it's all bullshower meself brought up as decent excuse so he could head home. The kids a wimp, sorry but that's how I feel about it, just a bunch of lies all of it.

PowerBug

Quote from: Grazz on May 09, 2016, 10:13:39 PM
Really don't like how the kid has gone about all this, needs to harden the flower up. Don't believe any of the mental issues I reckon it's all bullshower meself brought up as decent excuse so he could head home. The kids a wimp, sorry but that's how I feel about it, just a bunch of lies all of it.
And it's all gonna backfire if that is the case because the teams have gone in opposite directions this season.

Grazz

Quote from: PowerBug on May 09, 2016, 10:18:41 PM
Quote from: Grazz on May 09, 2016, 10:13:39 PM
And it's all gonna backfire if that is the case because the teams have gone in opposite directions this season.

Looks that way mate. I'm with others GWS should make it as hard as possible for him to get to Freo. He flowered with them let them flower with him now. Weak as power that kid, can't stand that sort of bullshower, it's a backhander to those that have genuine mental health issues and unforgivable from my point of view to lie about it which as i said I believe he is.

JBs-Hawks

Be nice if all clubs took a stand and said well Cam if you want to be an absolute flowerwit about it then enjoy a career in the WAFL

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on May 09, 2016, 10:25:49 PM
Be nice if all clubs took a stand and said well Cam if you want to be an absolute flowerwit about it then enjoy a career in the WAFL

+1 that would be sweet for my liking. With the position Freo is in I feel it's highly unlikely, they'll jump on him asap if possible and can't really blame them but yeh love the idea of it JB.

nrich102

They should trade him to Gold Coast, you can't get much further away from Freo than that!

Mat0369

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 09, 2016, 10:04:01 PM
So if GWS had agreed to trade McCarthy to Freo and the end of last season they would currently be looking at Pick 1 in this year's draft along with Pick 5 (Treloar trade), Pick 7 18(Carlton trade) and Pick 14 (own pick).

I think TBags head would've exploded if that had happened :P

Fixed. We traded them the Cats pick, not our own.

Quote from: nrich102 on May 09, 2016, 10:44:12 PM
They should trade him to Gold Coast, you can't get much further away from Freo than that!

There is Brisbane.

kilbluff1985

even if he was available to be selected would have to be in good form to stay in the best 22

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 10, 2016, 12:45:07 AM
Quote from: Rusty00 on May 09, 2016, 10:04:01 PM
So if GWS had agreed to trade McCarthy to Freo and the end of last season they would currently be looking at Pick 1 in this year's draft along with Pick 5 (Treloar trade), Pick 7 18(Carlton trade) and Pick 14 (own pick).

I think TBags head would've exploded if that had happened :P

Fixed. We traded them the Cats pick, not our own
But that doesn't sound as good for my story :P

Ziplock

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 10, 2016, 07:09:24 AM
even if he was available to be selected would have to be in good form to stay in the best 22

haha

because the rest of freo has had to stay in good form?

:P

Look, if he does have genuine mental health problems, I feel bad for him. If he doesn't, he's a little dog and a flower wit. But I don't know which one's right so I'm not going to judge him and I'll give him benefit of the doubt. Best of luck to him.

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on May 10, 2016, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 10, 2016, 07:09:24 AM

haha

because the rest of freo has had to stay in good form?

:P

Look, if he does have genuine mental health problems, I feel bad for him. If he doesn't, he's a little dog and a flower wit. But I don't know which one's right so I'm not going to judge him and I'll give him benefit of the doubt. Best of luck to him.

I'd be the first with a sincere apology if indeed he does mate but as iv'e said I don't believe for second he has any issues he's just used it as an excuse which is not cool.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on January 30, 2016, 07:48:13 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 29, 2016, 06:57:52 PM
It's their own fault! If the Giants had recruited better in the first place instead of hoarding draft picks, they would have a better culture and the young guys might have wanted to stick around!

Told you all that would happen!

Oh yeah, so when players leave the crows they're mummas boys, sooks and wimps, but any other club it's a culture issue.

Step off you hypocritical flog.

Got to love how this guy always misses what I actually meant, a few of you though tbh ;)

Adelaide recruited a team of mature footballers and all but missed the GF after just three years ........  yeah, totally the same ::)

Ringo

One of the reasons why I reckon Drafted players should be on a minimum 3 year contract so club does get the benefit for drafting and developing.  We have lost so many players after the 2 years.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on May 10, 2016, 09:26:11 PM
One of the reasons why I reckon Drafted players should be on a minimum 3 year contract so club does get the benefit for drafting and developing.  We have lost so many players after the 2 years.
It's currently a two year contract isn't it? I would agree with extending it another year. And no loopholes allowed. If they chuck in the towel after 1 year they can't get picked up in the 3rd year by another club, they have to take 2 years outside of the AFL before they can go anywhere else.

Ringo