Main Menu

EXV Rookie Draft

Started by Holz, January 24, 2016, 07:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

So is it my pick?

also, I'm confused, not going to lie I thought I was a couple of picks lower- how many picks got passed?

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 03, 2016, 01:51:06 PM
So is it my pick?

also, I'm confused, not going to lie I thought I was a couple of picks lower- how many picks got passed?

Yep your pick I think the solution is the best we can come up with.

you had pick 24 and it moved down to pick 21, people who already filled their list i have auto skipped in the draft. So thats why people have moved up.

Ziplock

kk, give me a bit, gotta chat with the boys

Scrads

Okay, so we'll draft 1 year replacement players after the rookie draft from the pool of remaining players?

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on February 03, 2016, 02:58:47 PM
Okay, so we'll draft 1 year replacement players after the rookie draft from the pool of remaining players?

correct the order is already up on the opening page.

once the season has ended the players took will go back in to the rookie draft and you get your Essendon players back.

I assume most people are picking project rookie players for the real rookie so there should be a few older guys who will play avilable for those who need them.

Even if you pick the next Blicavs to top up an essendon player there is no way you get to keep them.

nrich102

I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but Watson and Hibberd are worth more than 5 and 6. Hibberd is maybe at 5, but the only player better than Watson is Hibberd and maybe Stanton. Should be getting pick 3 at least.

Holz

Quote from: nrich102 on February 03, 2016, 08:24:47 PM
I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but Watson and Hibberd are worth more than 5 and 6. Hibberd is maybe at 5, but the only player better than Watson is Hibberd and maybe Stanton. Should be getting pick 3 at least.

How about heppell and ryder?

nrich102

Quote from: Holz on February 03, 2016, 09:00:44 PM
I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but Watson and Hibberd are worth more than 5 and 6. Hibberd is maybe at 5, but the only player better than Watson is Heppell and maybe Stanton. Should be getting pick 3 at least.

Typo, meant Hepp when I said Hibb that second time. Watson > Ryder I think, but surely that doesn't put him at 5? Without Watson my midfield is really weak and I'll be getting stuffed over at mid 4 each week. Losing Watson means Polec will need to come into the starting xv, which is losing me 20 points + per week.

LF

Does it really matter isn't it like for like positions when people are picking?
So Ryder above Watson doesn't mean anything

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: nrich102 on February 03, 2016, 09:26:33 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 03, 2016, 09:00:44 PM
I don't mean to sound like a dick here, but Watson and Hibberd are worth more than 5 and 6. Hibberd is maybe at 5, but the only player better than Watson is Heppell and maybe Stanton. Should be getting pick 3 at least.

Typo, meant Hepp when I said Hibb that second time. Watson > Ryder I think, but surely that doesn't put him at 5? Without Watson my midfield is really weak and I'll be getting stuffed over at mid 4 each week. Losing Watson means Polec will need to come into the starting xv, which is losing me 20 points + per week.

Well my forward and ruck line is flowered because of Ryder.

Atto

Ryder as a ruck is more important than Watson and even Hibberd in their respective lines imo.

So I'm assuming Stanton and Heppell > Watson and Hooker > Hibberd and then Ryder so that to me is fair.

I got the last pick of that draft with a guy who would have likely otherwise started for my team so stop complaining.

Ziplock

I'm going to go Josh Walker

actually considered him when he was at the cats for the last couple of seasons.... need a forward, fingers crossed he can flourish at brissie :P

Holz

Quote from: Atto on February 03, 2016, 11:09:31 PM
Ryder as a ruck is more important than Watson and even Hibberd in their respective lines imo.

So I'm assuming Stanton and Heppell > Watson and Hooker > Hibberd and then Ryder so that to me is fair.

I got the last pick of that draft with a guy who would have likely otherwise started for my team so stop complaining.

its pretty tough as hurley is around the 13th best defender which is the same as a 105 mid which is Nathan Fyfe/ Tom Rockliff

Stanton Heppell Ryder Hurley Hooker are up there. Hooker does have DPP to covers both lines.

at the end of the day its rookie 40 v rookie 42 so its not that much difference.

still plenty of guys to pick.

Hellopplz

I'll grab Conor Mckenna thanks :D.

On phone so can somebody please message the next person for me :).

nostradamus

Quote from: Holz on February 03, 2016, 09:42:50 AM
Quote from: nostradamus on February 02, 2016, 11:29:12 PM
Russian Roulettes welcome with pick 14 a young player who we think has a big future ............ Zac Jones

I incidently regret droping him was a spur of the moment decision

I was a bit surprised he lasted long enough for us to nab him, had him targeted from the time you delisted him  :)