New Zealand vs Australia Test and ODI series

Started by PowerBug, January 22, 2016, 08:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

So the return series is not far away. Kicks off with three ODIs and then two tests. The test squad has been released for Australia already but no word on the ODIs, I guess it will happen after the 23rd which is the final of the ODIs against India.

Fixture:
ODI: 3rd, 6th, 8th (All matches starting 12pm AEDT)
Tests: 12th-16th and 20th-24th (Matches start 8:30am AEDT)

Aus Test squad:
    Steven Smith (c)
    Jackson Bird
    Joe Burns
    Josh Hazlewood
    Usman Khawaja
    Nathan Lyon
    Mitchell Marsh
    Shaun Marsh
    Peter Nevill (wk)
    James Pattinson
    Chadd Sayers
    Peter Siddle
    Adam Voges
    David Warner

So there's a spare batsman (SMarsh) and two backup seamers (Sayers and Bird)

nrich102

Whats the chance of Bird getting a game rather than Siddle?

Ringo

Australia's one day squad for NZ. What does Kwaja have to do to force his way in.  Would have him ahead of Shaun Marsh and maybe even Finch,  Zampa replacing Lyon is another interesting selection.

Australia: Steve Smith (capt), David Warner, George Bailey, Scott Boland, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa

Nige

fanTCfool

One day, Stoinis should be picked over Faulkner  8)

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ringo on January 25, 2016, 10:38:45 AM
Australia's one day squad for NZ. What does Kwaja have to do to force his way in.
they must be trying to make sure he's fully fit. I seriously can't think of any other reason, it's ridiculous

shaker

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 25, 2016, 01:41:32 PM
Australia's one day squad for NZ. What does Kwaja have to do to force his way in.
they must be trying to make sure he's fully fit. I seriously can't think of any other reason, it's ridiculous

I think we are the only country that does not put our best in form players in teams  :o

BB67th

I think at this stage Khawaja doesn't get a look into the ODI top 5 because it's too tough to drop anyone else in the side. Therefore the selectors have left him out of the squad so he can get some practice playing Shield cricket at home, rather than carrying the drinks for the ODI side, before the NZ tests start.

PowerBug

Quote from: BB67th on January 25, 2016, 08:19:18 PM
I think at this stage Khawaja doesn't get a look into the ODI top 5 because it's too tough to drop anyone else in the side. Therefore the selectors have left him out of the squad so he can get some practice playing Shield cricket at home, rather than carrying the drinks for the ODI side, before the NZ tests start.
He plays for NSW now doesn't he? He will be playing in the NSW vs WA shield match being played in Dunedin I believe it is. I know it's in NZ somewhere.

BB67th

Quote from: PowerBug on January 25, 2016, 08:58:50 PM
Quote from: BB67th on January 25, 2016, 08:19:18 PM
He plays for NSW now doesn't he? He will be playing in the NSW vs WA shield match being played in Dunedin I believe it is. I know it's in NZ somewhere.
He's playing for Queensland now actually, so him and Joe Burns will both be playing shield in Australia.

PowerBug

I couldn't remember if he moved from NSW to QLD or QLD to NSW. :P I think they play the Redbacks so I might head down and see that match next week.

fanTCfool

Bill Manspeaker

Sydney/Melbourblne people, watch your houses. Guptill's just hit one out New Zealand. that was massive

Bill Manspeaker

Capper