Main Menu

Top Up Players

Started by Drak, January 14, 2016, 10:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drak

Drak

They are missing Coglan from Essendons VFL team, who I reckon would get a fair look at.

M Jamar would surely have to be the ruck option.

Both the Geelong guys weren't ready to retire in Stokes and Kelly.

And Matthew Watson, Ive always like him. Not sure why he was delisted from Carlton.

Ringo

They are also missing Zac O'Brien who was recruited from Essendon VFL club originally. Would also add hardness to the midfield.

kilbluff1985

Jamar already been seen at the club

Money Shot

Watson would be a good pick up wish he got more of a go at Carlton.

Capper

The last thing the dons need are Carlton rejects

nrich102

Joshy Bootsma an option?

Also LOL @ Ahmed Saad. Would fit in perfectly  ;D ;D

Mat0369

Quote from: Drak on January 14, 2016, 10:33:43 AM
They are missing Coglan from Essendons VFL team, who I reckon would get a fair look at.

And Matthew Watson, Ive always like him. Not sure why he was delisted from Carlton.

I know why

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on January 14, 2016, 05:44:25 PM
Quote from: Drak on January 14, 2016, 10:33:43 AM

I know why
Because of his massive head

Mat0369

That, he is also lazy and terrible

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: nrich102 on January 14, 2016, 05:34:09 PM
Joshy Bootsma an option?

Also LOL @ Ahmed Saad. Would fit in perfectly  ;D ;D

I know that's in jest but that's a completely different situation :P

would be a good pick up for Essendon

GCSkiwi

To take a step back a little, what is it you need to achieve from your top up players? In looking at a few of the new best 22 sides, the 2 things that jump out are the massive hit in the engine room, and a lack of experience more than a lack of talent. So I think you need to pick up a few players to add some on-field experience to direct the young guys, but then a bunch of your top up players could actually just be players to add some depth in case of injury. You are not going to replace the likes of Heppel, Watson, Stanton, Myers with top up guys. So instead for me the wise thing would be to focus on player development for 2017 onwards. Add a few guys who can impart some game sense advice on field, and then get as much time into the youngsters as you can. The upside (if you can see it that way) is that pressure is off for the season, you're in a great position to school up the young guys without the pressure to get results.

Barra13

I agree, I too would be getting games into the young guys. Worsfold and Essendon want to start fresh and it is the best way to do so.

Jamar was seen at training in Essendon gear. He will be a good pickup in my eyes.

Ringo

It has been said that Jamar was applying for a coaching position at the Bombers,  But the same article was virtually non commital about him pulling boots on again.

Barra13

Oh ok I didn't know about that.