Main Menu

Essendon dont win a game

Started by crowls, January 12, 2016, 11:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Listening to footy classified and Lloyd stated he would be surprised if Essendon won a game.   I would have thought we would at least be competitive with the bottom dwellers.  [/size]

[/size]
Hope we can get two games,  Melbourne and Carlton[/size]

ben_020285

One win against Carlton.

Melbourne will absolutely destroy Essendon.

quinny88

They will still win games. Same as GC and GWS mangled to win games in their first seasons. Upsets happen

AaronKirk

How is this relevant to the players and trades section?

Grazz

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 13, 2016, 01:38:20 AM
How is this relevant to the players and trades section?

Yeh should of been placed in the Essendon section of the forum not here really.

fanTCfool

Richmond and Geelong get a massive boost by playing the Bombers twice.
Carlton could get their only win of the season against Essendon, and vice-versa on their second meeting.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: quinny88 on January 13, 2016, 12:23:27 AM
They will still win games. Same as GC and GWS mangled to win games in their first seasons. Upsets happen
yep this. they'll find a way to win at least one game. opposition has a couple injuries... have a really bad day etc

Football Factory

I think they will win 1 or 2 .. I don't mind if we get the spoon, No 1 draft pick next year.

ossie85

I'll give them 2 wins - one coming later in the season which the media can pump up, and another against a team struggling so bad the media can tear them apart.

Football Factory

Quote from: ossie85 on January 13, 2016, 02:05:22 PM

I'll give them 2 wins - one coming later in the season which the media can pump up, and another against a team struggling so bad the media can tear them apart.

Media thrives on this sort of stuff .. like flies to shower.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Football Factory on January 13, 2016, 02:04:23 PM
I think they will win 1 or 2 .. I don't mind if we get the spoon, No 1 draft pick next year.

Chances are you won't get the #1 pick even if you finish last. Probably flower you over again and give you end of first round pick.

ossie85

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 13, 2016, 02:21:32 PM

Chances are you won't get the #1 pick even if you finish last. Probably flower you over again and give you end of first round pick.

Believe the AFL has already said Essendon won't have further punishments, so they'll get #1 if they finish last (I believe rightly so)

Holz

A team hasn't gone winless since 1964 and that was wit 18 games.

I just don't see them being the worst list in 52 years and actually to go 0-22 would put them the worst team in the history of the game by default.

Football Factory

Quote from: ossie85 on January 13, 2016, 02:36:59 PM

Believe the AFL has already said Essendon won't have further punishments, so they'll get #1 if they finish last (I believe rightly so)

Yep Gil McLachlan said we had more than enough punishment already.

Ziplock

Quote from: Football Factory on January 13, 2016, 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on January 13, 2016, 02:36:59 PM

Yep Gil McLachlan said we had more than enough punishment already.

mmmmm

I dunno.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just gave you like pick 8 or something as your first round.