My new Rocks

Started by tbagrocks, January 06, 2016, 03:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Well the problem I have is I don't want to drop any mids, in fact I want Sidebum too for maybe Beams or Pendles. But an eight deep midfield kicks ass though right ;) especially with three rooks on the bench anyway and I'm making money if I need to upgrade a Libba, O'Meara or Crouch anyway

TEAM NAME: The Rocks
DEF: M. Boyd, D. Rich, B. Smith, P. Seedsman, E. Mackenzie, D. Viojo-Rainbow (K. Collins, C. Delaney)
MID: N. Fyfe, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch (B. Keays, R. Mathieson, S. Menegola)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (R. O'Brien)
FWD: D. Martin, T. Walker, T. Greene, S. Kerridge, C. Petracca, L. Sumner (M. King, O. Markov)
CASH LEFT: $172,000

Ringo

You have ample cash to fix up some problems.

Defence: A little weak here but could pay off with Rich reverting back to his role of HB which he started with last year and where he averaged 106 till injury struck. Boyd is a gutsy pick. Need to ensure your rookies are playing each week.
Mids: O'Meara will be managed by the Suns and may not be playing round 1. Watch Fyfe with his injury. Would not have both Keays and Mathieson on the bench together. Keays will probably play before Mathieson in my opinion so for security would look ar another option for one.
Rucks: Berger at R2 is a risk but may allow an early upgrade if he scores to his potential.
Fwds: Just personal but not a fan of Greene this year.

\Not a bad effort first up and a unique team.

Pkbaldy

"My new Rocks"

Misleading title... Thought it was going to be the person you think will be the next Rockliff :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 06, 2016, 05:45:23 PM
"My new Rocks"

Misleading title... Thought it was going to be the person you think will be the next Rockliff :P
Brad Crouch ;)

and cheers Ringo, probably wont get to serious until I see the proper SC site and can make a team. Fyfe if not fit will be Sidebum, might keep JOM anyway as if he plays week 2 or 3 even, saves a trade

tbagrocks

I'd still like to put in Sidebum and by R1 A Walker could be anyone, new Coach and who knows what role Walker will have! Just has to score a few points at that price though!

TEAM NAME: The SC Rocks
DEF: D. Rich, B. Smith, A. Walker, P. Seedsman, E. Mackenzie, J. Weitering (D. Viojo-Rainbow, K. Collins)
MID: N. Fyfe, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch (B. Keays, R. Mathieson, S. Menegola)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (R. O'Brien)
FWD: D. Martin, M. Barlow, T. Walker, M. Wright, B. Kennedy, S. Kerridge (L. Sumner, M. King)
CASH LEFT: $-6,300

Money Shot

You realise you have -6k yeah? Hahaha ::)

quinny88

D: too weak. Andrew Walker had one good 'flash in a pan' year 3-4 years ago but over his career has been an ordinary SC scorer. He also misses too much footy. Don't mind the rest of the picks but the chances of them all working out are slim.

M: Can't fault this line, super stron but probably a detriment to the rest of your team

R: Nice choices but would rather see Berger forward with a DPP R3 for loophole purposes. Especially seeing some that ruck line is super injury prone.

F: I know you love the Texan but he is not SC relevant. Had one good year 4 years ago and despite having an outstanding season in 2015 he still only averaged 83

fanTCfool

Quote from: quinny88 on January 07, 2016, 08:29:46 PM
F: I know you love the Texan but he is not SC relevant. Had one good year 4 years ago and despite having an outstanding season in 2015 he still only averaged 83

Tex can be fantasy relevant, he can put out some massive scores, but is never consistent enough to be selected for mine, same as most Key Forwards.

tbagrocks

Yeah it's a real pain not having the two ruck bench spots, might even look at that Sydney spud Tippo :o Possibly he plays ruck anyway

Tex, he's fitter than he's ever been. When he kicks goals 3-4 he usually goes over 100 and he'll kick more given the two years back from the knee that killed his confidence and his scoring output. Given he'll spend even more time on ground and now he has been Captain for a year, I'm expecting him to bounce back to the 100 ;)

Don't take my word for it though, just monitor him the next two months heading into trials ;)

In fact I don't just think Tex will go 90+ but I guarantee it! Once again, my team will be the one benefiting!

quinny88

Wouldn't be shocked to see him go 90+ and definitely think that's achievable but not worth it for mine as I don't see him getting near 100. Even Kennedy with 75 goals only averaged 92.

AaronKirk

I'd downgrade JOM to someone like Mills or Hopper to free up some cash and then upgrade your man Tex.

JOM highly unlikely to play in the first few weeks of the season and Tex's history doesn't show enough to suggest he would end up in the top 8-10 forwards.

As quinny said 90+ is achievable but unlikely unless he has a massive spike of improvement in numbers and an improvement in his goalkicking which was only at 56.73% accuracy in 2015 I don't see him as a keeper.

The rest of the side is strong. I think there will be better options than Emac at D5. The 2 M.Browns and Mullett should get lots of game time in 2016 for a similar scoring output.

crowls

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 08, 2016, 12:59:27 AM
I'd downgrade JOM to someone like Mills or Hopper to free up some cash and then upgrade your man Tex.

JOM highly unlikely to play in the first few weeks of the season and Tex's history doesn't show enough to suggest he would end up in the top 8-10 forwards.

As quinny said 90+ is achievable but unlikely unless he has a massive spike of improvement in numbers and an improvement in his goalkicking which was only at 56.73% accuracy in 2015 I don't see him as a keeper.

The rest of the side is strong. I think there will be better options than Emac at D5. The 2 M.Browns and Mullett should get lots of game time in 2016 for a similar scoring output.
Agree with AK,  JOM is coming in underdone and Raisy is always pointing out not to go with players with question marks over their preseason.   I am just very anti KPF.   So darn inconsistent.   May average 95 (if you are lucky) but take you on the rollercoaster to do it.  Give me a steady DPP mid/fwd anyday.

tbagrocks

Might just keep JOM on the bench, simply not to waste a trade and back him in! Thanks for your help!

Tex stays! Guys like Jack Reiwoldt and JJK are full forwards, they cant field kick like the Texan can!

Unless the new Coach (Unlikely) Has a desire to play Tex at Full Forward and not CHF where the good KPF's score well, then Tex is inline to be close if not in the top 8 forwards ;)

I realise and understand what you guys are saying but, Tex is a whole lot fitter and more confident now since that knee.

fasttrack13

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 08, 2016, 04:09:36 PM
Might just keep JOM on the bench, simply not to waste a trade and back him in! Thanks for your help!

Tex stays! Guys like Jack Reiwoldt and JJK are full forwards, they cant field kick like the Texan can!

Unless the new Coach (Unlikely) Has a desire to play Tex at Full Forward and not CHF where the good KPF's score well, then Tex is inline to be close if not in the top 8 forwards ;)

I realise and understand what you guys are saying but, Tex is a whole lot fitter and more confident now since that knee.

You think hes going to get enough ball though?
Hes going to have to kick 50+ goals and average 15+ disposals a match to get close to 100 sc points and thats a tough ask for him in a team whos just lost their superstar

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 08, 2016, 05:20:16 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 08, 2016, 04:09:36 PM

You think hes going to get enough ball though?
Hes going to have to kick 50+ goals and average 15+ disposals a match to get close to 100 sc points and thats a tough ask for him in a team whos just lost their superstar

Very valid point as he may not get the same opportunities this coming season. They did you proud this year TBag and played their hearts out for Walshy, but next season could hit a flat patch.  If I were looking at Tex it would be as an upgrade, but of course I'm not a one-eyed Crowe fan. Cheers and all the best mate.    ;)