Main Menu

The 2016 U18/Draft Thread

Started by Pkbaldy, January 06, 2016, 09:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Simon Minton-Connell booted 60 goals from 16 matches in one year. One of the greats.

tbagrocks

Quote from: meow meow on June 24, 2016, 06:54:28 PM
Simon Minton-Connell booted 60 goals from 16 matches in one year. One of the greats.
Scotty Cummings kicked 95 goals somehow in 1999

Even the sun shines on a dogs arse sometimes!

When will idiot parents stop hyphenating? If their children hyphenate then we have Jack or Jill person-person-person-person ::)

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 25, 2016, 04:36:57 PM
Quote from: meow meow on June 24, 2016, 06:54:28 PM
Scotty Cummings kicked 95 goals somehow in 1999

Even the sun shines on a dogs arse sometimes!

When will idiot parents stop hyphenating? If their children hyphenate then we have Jack or Jill person-person-person-person ::)

most of the time when someone double hyphenates they pick one name from each person.

I work at a university student accommodation casually, so I've dealt with thousands of students over the past couple of years and I've never seen a triple/ quadruple hyphenated name :P

Pkbaldy

SA young gun Jack Graham wins the Division 1 championship medal! Well deserved, surprised that Jonty Shaz didn't get it...

At the end of the Carnival, still no clear #1... Which is awesome. I like an even draft. A few Essendon (if they do finish last) will consider;

Hugh Cluggage - Classy midfielder with very good goal sense
Will Brodie - Tanky inside midfielder with nice clean hands and very decent by foot
Ben Ainsworth - Genuine forward flanker (Could turn into a mid), probably the most damaging player in this years draft
Todd Marshall - Not the best talent in the draft, but if they indeed need a key forward, they could go with this guy.

_wato

Nige

My boy Daniel Venables also tracking along quite nicely.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: _wato on June 29, 2016, 09:43:35 PM
Ainsworth is legit Dayne Zorko

Pretty much haha. No doubt the best comparison.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Nige on June 29, 2016, 09:47:14 PM
My boy Daniel Venables also tracking along quite nicely.

Yup, he's no doubt top 10 in my power rankings now. Looks pretty set for an early draft (depending on how he performs at the combine). And the Tigs would be his most realistic and smartest choice at the moment, only team before them I could see snagging him would be Carlton with their top pick.
My super early PD would be;

1. Essendon - Hugh McCluggage
2. Gold Coast (Brisbane Bid) - Jack Bowes
3. Brisbane - Will Brodie
4. Fremantle - Sam Pretreski-Seton
5. GWS (GC Bid) - Harrison Macreadie
6. Gold Coast - Ben Ainsworth
7. Carlton - Andrew McGrath
8. GWS (St Kilda Bid) - Harry Perryman
9. GWS (St Kilda Bid) - Will Setterfield
10. St Kilda - Jonty Scharenberg
11. Richmond - Daniel Venables
12.  Port Adelaide - Josh Battle
13. West Coast - Sam Pepper-Powell
14. Adelaide - Jack Graham
15. Brisbane (Bulldogs Bid) - Jacob Allison
16. Western Bulldogs - Tim English
17. North Melbourne - Jarrod Berry
18. Gold Coast (Sydney Bid) - Brad Scheer
19. Sydney - Todd Marshall
20. Hawthorn - Josh Rotham

I'm pretty sure Gold coast can get their big 2 Academy bids AND their top pick. CBF counting points at 7am haha. Same with GWS, they COULD let one of their academy boys slide, but I doubt it would be Perryman or Setterfield.

_wato

So you still see Macreadie and Setterfield really high up despite quite dissapointing Div 1 Carnivals?

I'd have Perryman up at 5, he killed it.

And what's your take on Tim English? Hearing some very very interesting stories!!!

Nige

Pkbaldy

Quote from: _wato on July 01, 2016, 06:01:37 PM
So you still see Macreadie and Setterfield really high up despite quite dissapointing Div 1 Carnivals?

I'd have Perryman up at 5, he killed it.

And what's your take on Tim English? Hearing some very very interesting stories!!!

Yeah was uncertain where to place Macreadie, sort of done the same thing that Hugh Goddard done... So could end up sliding. I like Perryman where he is, but does have the potential to be the strongest in this entire draft. Setterfield's size and potential is too much to let slide.

English was pretty much flawless throughout the carnival. Him being picked in the first round would only be situational though, I think the Doggies would have a punt on him. Surely would take years to develop, but I don't see them going anywhere.

Nige

Clugg wins the Morrish Medal for best player in the TAC Cup.

_wato

Quote from: Nige on September 05, 2016, 09:45:40 AM
Clugg wins the Morrish Medal for best player in the TAC Cup.

Could be the first player since Kreuzer to win both Morrish and go number one.

nrich102

Michael Gibbons a chance of getting drafted? Best player in the VFL this season, not 18, but surely he's a chance?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: nrich102 on September 13, 2016, 12:13:33 PM
Michael Gibbons a chance of getting drafted? Best player in the VFL this season, not 18, but surely he's a chance?

He sure is. Probably a 50+ pick or a rookie pick. Same with Kade Answerth, played very well for Sandy, and only 19-20... Could get a good look. I like a few of the WAFL boys as well. But if they got picked up Freo or WCE would probably grab them.