Main Menu

Random St Kilda stuff

Started by Bill Manspeaker, December 19, 2015, 10:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 15, 2016, 08:55:43 PM
Fox Footy is doing the round table. Dermie brought up the Saints have no stars apart from NRoo and Stevens (it gets better). David Kink pipes up with 'oh they have stars, Armitage and Stevens, Jack Stevens has one two best and fairest awards and no one knows who he is'

I don't know a Jack Stevens either
lmao great call. I sat there shaking my head. how can they rate this guy (and rightfully so, I rate him too) but yet not know his flowerin name??? seriously. just gotta shake your head

Bill Manspeaker

Freeman's first game back in the Sandy 2's, 28 disposals and a goal at half time  ;D

Bill Manspeaker

up to a lazy 46 possies at 3 quarter time

Big Mac

Is this in the dev. league? why the hell is he playing there lol

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 09, 2016, 02:24:40 PM
Is this in the dev. league? why the hell is he playing there lol
it's his first game in like 2 years! take it nice and slow with him and eaaaaaase him back into it. might still play dev next week too

MC

Hey boys, just wondering if you can fill me in on Dylan Roberton's role in the first three games thus far? Considering him for SC Draft (he was dropped in my league!). He seems to be racking up enough touches, have they been ineffective?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: MC on April 12, 2016, 02:53:41 PM
Hey boys, just wondering if you can fill me in on Dylan Roberton's role in the first three games thus far? Considering him for SC Draft (he was dropped in my league!). He seems to be racking up enough touches, have they been ineffective?

I'm not really an expert on player roles, I'll just sit back and watch the game, but he's an important player for us imo. has a great kick on him and teamed with Jimmy Webster and Newnesy they help us move the ball forward. can pinpoint passes to leading forwards which is something we need more of. no idea how he scores in SC so can't give ya advice on whether or not to take him, but I feel comfortable when the ball is in his hands

MC

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on April 12, 2016, 07:51:49 PM
Quote from: MC on April 12, 2016, 02:53:41 PM

I'm not really an expert on player roles, I'll just sit back and watch the game, but he's an important player for us imo. has a great kick on him and teamed with Jimmy Webster and Newnesy they help us move the ball forward. can pinpoint passes to leading forwards which is something we need more of. no idea how he scores in SC so can't give ya advice on whether or not to take him, but I feel comfortable when the ball is in his hands

Thanks mate, shame he's out for a few weeks, might be worth picking as an investment though!

Cheers.

Bill Manspeaker

read on BF Blake Acres is this week's rising star nominee

congrats Blacres was an awesome game and glimpse into the future. better not flowerin get dropped this week!

yep here it is - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-02/saint-blake-acres-proves-worth-to-earn-rising-star-nod

Bill Manspeaker

http://australia.sportingnews.com/afl/list/the-rover-hawks-greats-treated-like-cattle-for-banned-bombers/mhk1kp7sj43j1mqq9ipg4761w/slide/2

QuoteAt least four Victorian clubs are putting together packages to try and get West Coast’s reigning best and fairest winner, Andrew Gaff, back to his home state next year, with St Kilda believed to be an unlikely front-runner in the race.

Gaff is not unhappy in the west, but he comes out of contract at the end of this year and the star-studded Eagles are finding it impossible to get close to the offers being put to the 2015 All-Australian.

The Saints have plenty of salary cap space, and are reportedly prepared to part with their 2016 first-round draft pick or emerging WA midfielder Blake Acres, but it may take both of those items if they’re a chance to get the deal done.

I mean it's doubtful but I guess it's worth talking about. I'd love Gaff, but wouldn't be prepared to put Blacres up for trade

I definitely wouldn't want to do our 2016 first pick + Blacres. but to get quality, we gotta give quality

there's probably nothing in it but was interesting to read that's for sure

fanTCfool

Blake Acres wins rising star nomination.
Okay, let's get rid of him.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: fanTCfool on May 04, 2016, 12:51:58 AM
Blake Acres wins rising star nomination.
Okay, let's get rid of him.
haha yeah I don't see it happening

Pkbaldy

Acres is contracted until end of 2018 for a reason. There will be other ways to get Gaff.

Toga

Acres is a good talent and the Saints won't want to lose him but then again Gaff won't come cheap.

Bill Manspeaker

if it were to happen I think all we'd offer is multiple picks, say this years first and next years first. I don't think we're allowed to trade next years first though because we traded this years second. I don't see us trading any of our young guys, which we might have to. don't see it happening