GoLions' SC Diary 2016

Started by GoLions, December 18, 2015, 12:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Can't really fault your team, only pick I don't like is Hurn, just don't think he can get back to 90+ scoring with the extra attention he cops now. Mackenzie/Brown being back should free him up a little more but still not sure on him

Also keen to get your thoughts on Harwood

GoLions

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 02, 2016, 08:57:24 PM
Can't really fault your team, only pick I don't like is Hurn, just don't think he can get back to 90+ scoring with the extra attention he cops now. Mackenzie/Brown being back should free him up a little more but still not sure on him

Also keen to get your thoughts on Harwood
Yeah I'm hoping with those other guys coming back, he gets a lot more freedom. Definitely capable of going 90-95, and well underpriced after having to be a lot more accountable last season. In saying that, if someone like McVeigh is looking good for round 1, I'll have no hesitations in dropping a mid for a rookie, and upgrading Hurn to McVeigh. Also looking at others like Rance, Birchall, Tmac, etc.

Harwood should be best 22 provided he is fit come round 1. Has shown he can average 80+ in 2014, and last year averaged 80.5 taking out his concussion game. Injuries and subsequently match fitness ruined his season, but for me he's a lock if he lines up round 1. Cutler probably only guy I can see taking his spot in our 22 as well, and I rate Harwood a fair bit ahead of Cutler.

GoLions

Made a few changes

No Crouch in the mids, but have three expensive mid rookies in Mills, Parish, Hopper. If they all go well then scoring power should be pretty good there. Also brought Fyfe in as M2 (Rocky best mid of course). Alternatively, if a lot of cheaper mid rookies pop up with seemingly good JS, can always do some downgrades, and perhaps upgrading guys like Simmo or Birchall.

Had also played around with a team that had Crouch instead of Fyfe, and Deledio in the forwards. Think I prefer this though.

fanTCfool

Lots to like about that line-up, no real weak patches. Even the backline has only one cheap rookie on the field, very nice work GL  ;D

GoLions

I just realized I still have 150k left...

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 12, 2016, 05:30:44 PM
Lots to like about that line-up, no real weak patches. Even the backline has only one cheap rookie on the field, very nice work GL  ;D
Yeah just realized I can probably turn a back rookie into Emac or something haha, didn't see how much cash I had left!

piesfan1989

Quote from: GoLions on February 12, 2016, 05:28:43 PM
Made a few changes

No Crouch in the mids, but have three expensive mid rookies in Mills, Parish, Hopper. If they all go well then scoring power should be pretty good there. Also brought Fyfe in as M2 (Rocky best mid of course). Alternatively, if a lot of cheaper mid rookies pop up with seemingly good JS, can always do some downgrades, and perhaps upgrading guys like Simmo or Birchall.

Had also played around with a team that had Crouch instead of Fyfe, and Deledio in the forwards. Think I prefer this though.

Great looking team...Same mid prems as me, very similar forward line structure as me too.

One note - I don't see the benefit of having 3 premium rookies in the mids who are all untested players when you can downgrade one to a regular mid rookie and upgrade one to crouch (every year there's 1 regular priced mid rookie who scores just as good if not better than the premium mid rookies)

I haven't seen simpkin in many teams...he averaged 80 in non-subbed games

Haven't seen Fyfe in many either but we've gone with ablett for 700+ before and hasn't let us down, don't see why Fyfe is any different this year

GoLions

Quote from: piesfan1989 on February 13, 2016, 02:02:24 PM
Quote from: GoLions on February 12, 2016, 05:28:43 PM
Made a few changes

Great looking team...Same mid prems as me, very similar forward line structure as me too.

One note - I don't see the benefit of having 3 premium rookies in the mids who are all untested players when you can downgrade one to a regular mid rookie and upgrade one to crouch (every year there's 1 regular priced mid rookie who scores just as good if not better than the premium mid rookies)

I haven't seen simpkin in many teams...he averaged 80 in non-subbed games

Haven't seen Fyfe in many either but we've gone with ablett for 700+ before and hasn't let us down, don't see why Fyfe is any different this year
Regarding the mid rookies, I figure it's a lot easier to downgrade them when teams are named round 1, as opposed to upgrading the cheaper rookies that don't get named.

And I actually have the cash to swap one for Crouch atm haha

Cheers for the comments :)

ubeaut

Solid Team. Good structure. A lot of similar picks to me :my fwds are almost identical and 5 starting mids too.

I'd just seriously consider getting another premo mid by downgrading 2 of Mills/Harwood/Simpkin/Parish/Hopper.

Goldy is just too expensive and you could spend the cash strengthening another part of your team if you went with Martin/Mummy without losing much at all.

ubeaut

Or start with Crouch and upgrade Birchall and or Parish/Hopper/Simpkin

GoLions

Quote from: ubeaut on February 13, 2016, 08:02:23 PM
Solid Team. Good structure. A lot of similar picks to me :my fwds are almost identical and 5 starting mids too.

I'd just seriously consider getting another premo mid by downgrading 2 of Mills/Harwood/Simpkin/Parish/Hopper.

Goldy is just too expensive and you could spend the cash strengthening another part of your team if you went with Martin/Mummy without losing much at all.
Yeah I've been playing around a bit and can go Libba to Danger if I drop Birchall to Hurn and Parish to a mid rookie. Mids look so strong now but Libba probably too good value to ignore.

Tbh there's no way I won't start Goldy as long as he's playing round 1. I plan on going with the set and forget ruck setup and therefore if you don't start Goldy, you probably won't have him all year.

GoLions

$47,800 left

Changes from previous team are

Petracca to Kerridge, don't think Petracca will be ready round 1, but if it looks like he'll be in round 2 or something, may start him anyway

Harwood and Francis to Broad and McTip, to free up some cash. Also, Broad looks like he could be a good pick

Mills, Parish, Sumner to Danger, Polks, Dunkley. Danger will be a top 5 mid, Polks should make some cash, Dunkley been good from what I've heard. Kind of cooled off on Parish, and think Sumner is injured anyway? Will probably start one of Mills and Hopper, dunno which yet.

There's also guys like Grimley, Howard, Currie etc who I may want as my R3 (or in Grimley's case, perhaps F8). If guys like Harwood, Emac, Aish, etc impress in NAB and look good for round 1, may consider dropping Birchall and McTip for Harwood + Emac (for example).

Thoughts?

Rusty00

Looks a really strong team mate. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable with starting 3 rookies on the field in defence but it's a calculated risk.

I have a lot of similar players in my team at the moment, which makes me think I need to redistribute some funds as my team doesn't appear as strong as this :-\

AaronKirk

I can't really fault the side man. That midfield is super strong but at the same time this compensates for a weak D4-D6.

I agree with Rusty that 3 starting rookies in defense is something that would be a risk but i'm sure that there will be a lot of rookie defenders though to pick from.

GoLions

Yeah it does seem like we might be getting a few def rookies this season, and I'm not keen on spending the big bucks there anyway haha. But it is a risk definitely, and if it looks like I won't be able to have 5 rookies playing in def, more than happy to swap Birchall and a rookie for 2 mid pricers (e.g. Harwood and Emac), just to get a bit more scoring depth.

Cheers for the comments fellas!

H1bb3i2d

The question that will really make or break your team... Is that Max or Mitch?

Nah it looks great. Having more def rookies on field than your bench is risky. I'm sure at least 3 would play most weeks, but if a premium cops a 1-weeker you'll probably cop a terrible score as cover if not a donut. Fyfe, Danger and Goldy eat up a bit of cash between them. But individually I can't find a fault in any player you've chosen :)