GoLions' SC Diary 2016

Started by GoLions, December 18, 2015, 12:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: Dons on December 31, 2015, 04:47:35 PM
Quote from: GoLions on December 31, 2015, 03:47:37 PM
More fiddling

TEAM NAME: Dave's Legends 2016
DEF: J. Bartel, B. Smith, S. Hurn, R. Harwood, M. Adams, R. Bonner (M. Brown, M. Hibberd)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, R. Sloane, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Parish, J. Hopper (M. Kennedy, L. Sumner, B. Keays)
RUC: T. Goldstein, S. Martin (M. King)
FWD: D. Martin, D. Zorko, M. Barlow, L. Franklin, D. Wells, N. Kommer (C. Petracca, H. Balic)
CASH LEFT: $23,600

McVeigh-->Smith (somehow left him out of last team)
Lids-->Dusty
Leuey-->Buddy

However, if McVeigh seems to be travelling well in the pre-season, or Dusty cops a few matches before the season start, etc, Will go back to old team, but switching Hurn for Smith.
Nice team mate, and very nice changes. I think this year I'm going take a playing r3 (assuming one plays, currie for example), and then trading him down to a non playing r/f later on. I think the cash generation will be more important than the guaranteed loophole, but not 100% certain on this strategy. If you decided to go this way, you would need more cash in the kitty atm.
If someone like Currie is playing round 1, may go Stef to NicNat and King to Currie. Might start NicNat either way though :P

Mat0369

No sub rule might mean we see some teams go with two rucks again. While some will value the run and carry with less in terms of rotations, coaches will start to see the value in carrying the 2nd ruck again. I think I am going to start Currie regardless but guys like Frost and Gorringe could also provide decent back up options even though they are a tad more expensive. Frost is under priced due to the injury in round 3, but he might only average 60 odd, Gorringe is an athlete and with Kreuz injury prone we might look to use the better of Phillips/Gorringe in tandem with him.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 31, 2015, 07:14:00 PM
No sub rule might mean we see some teams go with two rucks again. While some will value the run and carry with less in terms of rotations, coaches will start to see the value in carrying the 2nd ruck again. I think I am going to start Currie regardless but guys like Frost and Gorringe could also provide decent back up options even though they are a tad more expensive. Frost is under priced due to the injury in round 3, but he might only average 60 odd, Gorringe is an athlete and with Kreuz injury prone we might look to use the better of Phillips/Gorringe in tandem with him.
Hadn't really thought about the Blues rucks, but could definitely be an option. Considering I only had King because I originally had Leuey, starting to think a ruck at R3 who should play a few games will be the better way to go.

GoLions

DEF: J. Bartel, B. Smith, S. Hurn, R. Harwood, E. Mackenzie, M. Adams (R. Bonner, M. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Myers, D. Parish, J. Hopper (M. Kennedy, L. Sumner, B. Keays)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (D. Currie)
FWD: B. Deledio, D. Martin, M. Barlow, L. Franklin, D. Wells, N. Kommer (C. Petracca, H. Balic)
CASH LEFT: $142,400

Trying out just the 5 premo mids + Myers. Still have a fair bit of cash left over, so fairly happy to sit on this for now.

Pkbaldy

Spite

Quote from: GoLions on January 05, 2016, 03:31:43 PM
DEF: J. Bartel, B. Smith, S. Hurn, R. Harwood, E. Mackenzie, M. Adams (R. Bonner, M. Brown)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Myers, D. Parish, J. Hopper (M. Kennedy, L. Sumner, B. Keays)
RUC: T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui (D. Currie)
FWD: B. Deledio, D. Martin, M. Barlow, L. Franklin, D. Wells, N. Kommer (C. Petracca, H. Balic)
CASH LEFT: $142,400

Trying out just the 5 premo mids + Myers. Still have a fair bit of cash left over, so fairly happy to sit on this for now.

We nearly have identical teams at this stage lol (I don't have buddy but have an extra defender premo in Shaw)

GoLions

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 05, 2016, 03:49:55 PM
Too much Brisbane shower.
Haha, just dropped Big Stefan and Zorks as well :P

Money Shot

I'm a fan of your current team good job.

GoLions

So with Lobbe now becoming relevant...thinking something like this

MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Parish, M. Kennedy (P. Ahern, L. Sumner, B. Keays)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Lobbe (D. Currie)
CASH LEFT: $5,900

Will probably have to end up dropping a mid though for fixing rookies, although if the Essendon top-ups are cheap as chips and playing, could work for me

GoLions

Gone very deep in the midfield...will probably end up dropping someone there, pending fitness of guys like McVeigh, JOM, etc

Fairly happy to sit on this atm though

fanTCfool

Looks good to me, like the Hurn selection. What are you expecting from McKenzie scorewise?

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 02, 2016, 05:37:32 PM
Looks good to me, like the Hurn selection. What are you expecting from McKenzie scorewise?
75+ would be nice, but if enough back rookies pop up, he'll be the first to be downgraded

ubeaut

Love this team. Similar structure to mine and similar mids /fwds but totally different backs/rucks.

Solid set forget rucks with Leuy as back up. Would reconsider Bartel and Zorko but otherwise can't fault it.

GoLions

Quote from: ubeaut on February 02, 2016, 06:22:46 PM
Love this team. Similar structure to mine and similar mids /fwds but totally different backs/rucks.

Solid set forget rucks with Leuy as back up. Would reconsider Bartel and Zorko but otherwise can't fault it.
I don't think you're looking at my current team haha. Don't have Leuey or Zorks anymore :P

Hawker_08

Love it! Very similar to mine however I have an extra premo in def and fwd and but no 150 - 250k players. I can count plenty in your starting lineup. Will wait for Nab to see if there are any standouts in this price range and to decide if the extra 100-120k is worth it or not. Like the team a lot. Good luck!