GoLions' SC Diary 2016

Started by GoLions, December 18, 2015, 12:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Eh, shower week. Fell just short of 1800. Zorko, Wells, Hopper all not named hurt. Was out with the gf all day and wasn't able to trade in Sloaney. That hurt even more. Then Robbo got concussed, and I fell just short of beating my mate who had Ruggles and Gresham fire. That hurt the most.

Apart from potentially trading Davis, don't think I'll be making any other trades this week.

GoLions

Ok so with Barlow injured, is it worth trading him to someone like Buddy? Also considering Davis down to Silvagni as Davis will most likely lose cash. Don't really have to make that trade though. Not concerned about Silvagni getting dropped as I'll just use him to loophole then anyway.

Still have 7 trades, upgrading my last 2 mid spots will take 3 trades (upgrading Libba won't require much cash). Doing these 2 trades will mean they only take 2 trades as I'll have about 350k remaining afterwards. So it would leave me with this team:

Simmo, Shaw, Boyd, Laird, McVeigh, Suckling (Adams, Collins)
Rocky, Gaz, Pendles, Danger, Jelwood, Hanners, Neale, Gray (Trengove, Jansen, Phillips)
Goldy, Gawn (Goetz)
Zorko, Dusty, Wells, Robbo, Joey, Buddy (Petracca/Kerridge, Silvagni)

Would have between 100-200k in the bank, depending on whether I trade Kerridge or Petracca. Could also get a forward that isn't Buddy (obviously missed the boat on Zerrett now). Nroo and Lids are probably the only others that I would consider, but they both carry a bit more risk with them so I think I'd rather go with Buddy.

So assuming I trade Kerridge, with that 200k and 3 trades I could probably go Petracca to Dahl eventually for next to nothing, and then ideally Adams to a premo defender as well.

So what do you guys think? Trade now, or hold? I should also add that I have exactly 18 this week (with quite a few rookies), and I'm going away around midday tomorrow so gotta do the trades by then if so :P

AaronKirk

Buddy is the best option of the players playing this weekend to replace Barlow with but the Swans play the Bulldogs, Cats in Geelong and Hawthorn in the next 3 weeks so it could be tough for him.

The Tex at around 30k more expensive could be a POD option. 4 tons in the last 5 weeks and a draw that reads Melbourne, Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong away, Essendon, Brisbane, Freo away, Port Adelaide and West Coast home.

Apart from the Geelong game they should win all of their other games. He is averaging 90 in wins and has 5 tons in those wins. He was carrying an injury also earlier in the year so that average should be higher.

I brought Joey in but Tex could be a decent POD option. Buddy is safer but has a tough draw.

GoLions

Cheers for the advice AK! Going with Buddy, hopefully works out ok haha

Big Mac

What do you think about trading Wells instead of Barlow?

GoLions

Went Barlow to Buddy in the end. Just got back from holidays, apparently I scored 1743, which isn't ideal. Trades this week will be two of Libba, Petracca, Kerridge to Hanners and Neale. If I trade Petracca and Kerridge, I have 9k left, and would have Libba as M9. But, I would lose my FWD/MID link.

What do you guys reckon?

GoLions

Ended up keeping Kerridge, which seems to have been the best move at this stage :)

3 trades, 77k left. Obviously Ablett has to go. These seem to be my options:

Option 1: Ablett to Sloane. Sloane on paper is probably the best option remaining of the mids I don't have. He is the most expensive though, however for good reason. Leaves me with 2 trades and 75k for injuries.

Option 2: Ablett to Ward/Sidey. This will leave me with 175k in the bank basically. This means that with my last 2 trades, I should have enough to go Kerridge to Dahl (when he eventually bottoms out), and one of Adams/Collins to a DEF premo, probably around the 450k mark. Doing these trades would also leave me with zero trades left, but premium cover on every line except for rucks. Very risky, but I can only do it if I get Ward or Sidey this week (definitely leaning towards Ward if I do).

Option 3: Go for a bit of a POD. The rest of my mids I'd say will be owned by most other coaches with Gaz going down this week, so this could be a good chance to jump on a Steven, or a Bontempelli. Would be leaning towards Bont here, he's been insane since like Round 6.

So what do you guys reckon? Ward, Bont, Sloaney would be my #1 choices from each option, but I really don't know which one I should go with. I'd say all 3 have a fairly decent run home (Crows perhaps the best), but not sure if the premium cover is worth using all my trades and grabbing Ward (who could just as easily keep up with Bont and Sloaney, if not outscore them). If I did get premium cover, I wouldn't be able to loophole in defence unless Collins or Adams get injured/dropped (whichever one I don't trade), so that's not ideal. I do really want Dahl either way though, but I could still go Kerridge to him even if I get Sloane, just means so def premo. Absolutely stumped tbh :-\

GoLions

I guess it could also depend on when Dahl is actually going to return...

shaker

I think Sloane is the man only in just over 11% of teams ATM but that will increase this week

GoLions

Quote from: shaker on July 12, 2016, 07:56:35 PM
I think Sloane is the man only in just over 11% of teams ATM but that will increase this week
Yeah, still kinda unique. Was also just now having a look at some other players, noticed JPK has been averaging around 108, gone completely under the radar. Owned by less than 5% of teams as well. So he's another one to think about.

Tbh I'll probably go Sloaney, but nailing a POD that goes massive to end the season would be so great haha, cheers mate! :)

shaker

Quote from: GoLions on July 12, 2016, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: shaker on July 12, 2016, 07:56:35 PM
Yeah, still kinda unique. Was also just now having a look at some other players, noticed JPK has been averaging around 108, gone completely under the radar. Owned by less than 5% of teams as well. So he's another one to think about.

Tbh I'll probably go Sloaney, but nailing a POD that goes massive to end the season would be so great haha, cheers mate! :)

Plus the crows have 5 more home games I think

LaHug

I'd have to go option 1, 3, 2 in that order. Option 2 seems the worst because, although you get cover on each line, you lose the flexibility trades give you. I think trades are more important than cover because you can make more educated changes at the time... if that makes sense. Imagine one player gets injured and your cover player is rested or injured too. If you'd saved the trade, you could've brought in someone else instead of that cover player.

You could consider 3 over 1 because that POD is probably going to save you cash which makes your last two trades more valuable if there are injuries.

GoLions

Quote from: LaHug on July 12, 2016, 09:25:32 PM
I'd have to go option 1, 3, 2 in that order. Option 2 seems the worst because, although you get cover on each line, you lose the flexibility trades give you. I think trades are more important than cover because you can make more educated changes at the time... if that makes sense. Imagine one player gets injured and your cover player is rested or injured too. If you'd saved the trade, you could've brought in someone else instead of that cover player.

You could consider 3 over 1 because that POD is probably going to save you cash which makes your last two trades more valuable if there are injuries.
Yeah, that's one of my worries with option 2. I guess another is if I cop 2 injuries in the same position, then I'm flowered :P

Looking at who other people in my league have, a LOT have Ward, 2 have Bont, 1 has Steven, and a few have Sloaney, so he's still relatively unique. I think at this stage it's probably Sloane vs Bont vs JPK, my man love for Sloaney will probably have me picking him :P

Cheers Huggy :)

Capper

Have to agree with huggy bear

Sloane Ranger followed by JStevens

Any LTI you get can be covered by the trade and $75k

LaHug

Quote from: Capper on July 13, 2016, 01:52:42 AM
Have to agree with huggy bear

When people agree with me, it gives me this warm sense that I'm good at SC. Then I look at my team :-[