Main Menu

CAS verdict

Started by Drak, December 15, 2015, 10:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drak

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 12, 2016, 10:59:32 AM
Are 2015 retirees eligible for top up players?

If so, Essendon could get some handy players.

Thats a great point Purple.

Stokes and Kelly come to mind. Lake. Adam Goodes....

Quote from: frenzy on January 12, 2016, 10:58:38 AM
Dank will get them off and where is Jimmy

How would dank be able to do anything other than increase the penalty?

Nige

I'd say yes. Obviously some probably won't want to, but there might be a few boys going around that may jump at the chance to play footy again.

blue

Imagine if the bombers had taken the same pathway as the Cronulla Sharks this whole thing would have been a distance memory, the millions of dollars wasted, the pain for players and supporters could of been over years ago

Ricochet

Wow this is huge for everyone involved. Feel so gutted for the players, they've already been through hell

BratPack

Quote from: Drak on January 12, 2016, 11:03:33 AM

Thats a great point Purple.

Stokes and Kelly come to mind. Lake. Adam Goodes....

Quote from: frenzy on January 12, 2016, 10:58:38 AM
Dank will get them off and where is Jimmy

How would dank be able to do anything other than increase the penalty?

flower Adam Goodes. The day he plays for Essendon is the day I start barracking for Fremantle

fanTCfool

DazBurg

Absolutely gutted i mean i know there was always a chance but nobody enjoys seeing this

The players and the club have been smashed from pillar to post already

:'(  :'(  :'(

Torpedo10

Quote from: Drak on January 12, 2016, 10:59:48 AM
We've never finished with the spoon before, still think we could avoid it but it'd be a massive challenge.

Has anyone actually sketched up a potential Best 22 without those 12 suspended players?
]

Carlton and Brisbane are still fairly hopeless.

And we finished 4 times with the spoon in history. Last one was 1933.

I just put a revised 22 in our Best 22 forum discussion.
Sorry I meant Post-World War 2.

Rusty00

Quote from: Drak on January 12, 2016, 10:48:16 AM
I feel more for Jobe Watson. I think he is done. He will retire. Its ruined one of the nicest blokes in sport.
This was my first thought as well.

I watched the "Chosen Few" special at the end of last year profiling the AFL captains and he looked a shattered man. He looked drained of life in general and I'd be really concerned about his mental health moving forward :-\

T Dog

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 12, 2016, 11:29:21 AM
I feel more for Jobe Watson. I think he is done. He will retire. Its ruined one of the nicest blokes in sport.

I watched the "Chosen Few" special at the end of last year profiling the AFL captains and he looked a shattered man. He looked drained of life in general and I'd be really concerned about his mental health moving forward :-\

Any news on if he keeps his Brownlow?

BratPack

Quote from: T Dog on January 12, 2016, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: Rusty00 on January 12, 2016, 11:29:21 AM

Any news on if he keeps his Brownlow?

Commission is meeting this afternoon to discuss it and what to do about Essendon this season, but I can't see any way he does.

Kellogscrunchynut

Didn't half the league have similar dodgy schemes going on at the same time?

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 12, 2016, 11:38:10 AM
Didn't half the league have similar dodgy schemes going on at the same time?

People like to insinuate this, and it's absolutely true that every club will be looking for the little exta 0.1% things, but this is pretty extreme really. I highly doubt other teams would have been going this far, because this is exactly the consequence you get and you very rarely get away with it.

GCSkiwi

For anyone interested the full decision can be found here http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Arbitral_Award_WADA_ESSENDON.pdf

I'm part way through it and man, unless there's a big turnaround it's pretty damning. Dank should never work in sports again and Bruce Reid should receive a metric flowerton of compensation because it seems as though he did absolutely everything he could and should have done, short of going directly to the AFL himself, and he got absolutely dragged through the mud.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 12, 2016, 09:14:33 AM
So Carlisle is gone too? flower
it's not ideal but we knew it was a risk. no biggie really. we don't really need him next year, but when we're contending again... jackpot  8)