CAS verdict

Started by Drak, December 15, 2015, 10:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 13, 2016, 03:52:33 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 13, 2016, 11:24:39 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 12, 2016, 10:16:22 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 12, 2016, 10:43:47 AM
The players have to be responsible for what they take. I feel much sympathy for Jobe Watson in this, but I think Sam Mitchell and Trent Cotchin are the deserving winners.

If Jobe were to lose the Brownlow it should be a vacant year like the Storms premierships. You would have to disqualify all Essendon players from receiving votes and in turn all games they played in should not count for votes for any players. That would likely mean a recount if they went down that path or they just don't award a medal which is probably the right result.

No, ineligible players still get votes in the brownlow all the time, even after they've been suspended.

If Jobe is stripped then I think noone should get the medal.  Can't happen, those games Essendon players got votes in, were they because they were cheating?  Results of all of their games could be different due to performance enhancing drugs, they could've won games by more points than they should have and could've lost games by more points than they should've.  Say if Bombers beat Richmond by 40 odd points and Bombers get the 3-2-1, if drugs weren't involved this could be a closer match and Cotchin could've got the 3.  Too many variables, should be stripped and the year voided of a Brownlow.
Why should other players be penalized because of the what the Bombers got up to ? doubt if Cotchin or Mitchell would be to happy anyway after this long may as well let Watson keep it , Hird the turd is still causing much pain for Essendon

ossie85

The players have to be responsible for what they take. I feel much sympathy for Jobe Watson in this, but I think Sam Mitchell and Trent Cotchin are the deserving winners.

If Jobe were to lose the Brownlow it should be a vacant year like the Storms premierships. You would have to disqualify all Essendon players from receiving votes and in turn all games they played in should not count for votes for any players. That would likely mean a recount if they went down that path or they just don't award a medal which is probably the right result.

No, ineligible players still get votes in the brownlow all the time, even after they've been suspended.

If Jobe is stripped then I think noone should get the medal.  Can't happen, those games Essendon players got votes in, were they because they were cheating?  Results of all of their games could be different due to performance enhancing drugs, they could've won games by more points than they should have and could've lost games by more points than they should've.  Say if Bombers beat Richmond by 40 odd points and Bombers get the 3-2-1, if drugs weren't involved this could be a closer match and Cotchin could've got the 3.  Too many variables, should be stripped and the year voided of a Brownlow.

By the same logic Sydney should be stripped of the premiership. Logic doesn't hold I'm sorry

Mitchell and Cotchin deserving winners

nas

Quote from: ossie85 on October 13, 2016, 05:26:32 PM

By the same logic Sydney should be stripped of the premiership. Logic doesn't hold I'm sorry

Mitchell and Cotchin deserving winners

Jobe handed Brownlow back in http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-11/jobe-watson-hands-back-2012-brownlow-medal