Main Menu

CAS verdict

Started by Drak, December 15, 2015, 10:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drak

I don't think Ive read something as accurate as this in a while,

Rohan Connolly - The Age

"Perhaps when the CAS verdict is in, some might find themselves asking whether barracking for a rival's demise more fervently than for the success of your own team is the most enjoyable way of following a sport."

quinny88

Anyone that is seriously barracking for a teams demise in such a way that would literally ruin 40 blokes careers and livelihoods is a moron anyway. The same sort of morons that wish career ending injuries on players that leave their clubs.

Bit of banter is all good and fun but some of the rubbish I read on social media is crazy. Funny thing is none of the people saying it would open their mouth to the players faces and tell them that

Drak

Quote from: quinny88 on December 15, 2015, 11:37:19 PM
Anyone that is seriously barracking for a teams demise in such a way that would literally ruin 40 blokes careers and livelihoods is a moron anyway. The same sort of morons that wish career ending injuries on players that leave their clubs.

Bit of banter is all good and fun but some of the rubbish I read on social media is crazy. Funny thing is none of the people saying it would open their mouth to the players faces and tell them that

So true, I see people writing on the game day chats all the time about wishing ACL's on a premium player they don't have.... bloody disgusting attitudes.

Grazz

Amen to that mate.
Hopefully tomorrow isn't a complete disaster for the club and it's supporters. All of us want it over with regardless of which club we support. Even though ignorance is no excuse anymore with WADA and what an athlete takes this is an unusual case and i'm hoping the players come out of it ok, 2 years would be an injustice in my eyes they've been through enough.
Wish the players and supporters all the best for tomorrows outcome.

Capper

Quote from: Grazz on January 11, 2016, 05:39:27 PM

Amen to that mate.
Hopefully tomorrow isn't a complete disaster for the club and it's supporters. All of us want it over with regardless of which club we support. Even though ignorance is no excuse anymore with WADA and what an athlete takes this is an unusual case and i'm hoping the players come out of it ok, 2 years would be an injustice in my eyes they've been through enough.
its not only that though. I hope this stuff that they were taking hopefully has no reactions to the players later in life

Grazz

Quote from: Capper on January 11, 2016, 06:07:41 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 11, 2016, 05:39:27 PM

Amen to that mate.
its not only that though. I hope this stuff that they were taking hopefully has no reactions to the players later in life

Certainly hope none of it does mate, only time will tell us.

Grazz

UPDATE: .@heraldsunmick has just told us @EssendonFC will know verdict at 7:30... Media to know shortly after.

Some reports on twitter suggesting the verdict will be known by 5am tomorrow morning.

Grazz

6PR SportsToday ‏@6PRSportsToday  1m1 minute ago
Brad Hardie says the rumours bubbling around in Melbourne are that Essendon players could receive a three month ban.

Gigantor

flower me, Robbo reporting 12 month ban :(

Torpedo10

Pkbaldy

So Carlisle is gone too? flower

BratPack

We're completely flowered

GCSkiwi

Much as objectively I think this is the right outcome, I'm gutted for the players and for the club because this will likely be a lot more damaging than just the 2016 season...

Purple 77

Holy flower! I never actually thought they would get banned!

Oh, and flower YOU MELKSHAM!  >:(

What about Watson's Brownlow? Will the players sue Essendon?

Unbelievable.