Main Menu

Rough Replacement

Started by Mr.Craig, January 31, 2016, 02:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Shattered to hear about big Rough. These are my thoughts on a replacement...

Jonathon Ceglar - Plays the dual role of rotating between the forward line and supporting McEvoy in the ruck. In this situation I'd see him taking more of the ruck duties and McEvoy being more of the forward/ruck.

Jack Fitzpatrick - Has kicked 24.12 from 22 career games and also provides some ruck support.

James Sicily - Showed some promise in his 3 games last season. Kicked 30 goals in the VFL last year including bags of 5, 5 and 8.

Dallas Willsmore - 191cm and kicked 16 goals from 21 VFL games in 2015. Able to find a bit of the ball further up the ground.

Tim O'Brien - Has failed to make an impact at AFL level yet but continues to increase his goal count in the VFL, going from 12 in 2014 to 25 last year.

Ryan Burton - The "next Jake Stringer" hasn't played a game in 17 months and is unlikely to be thrown in the deep end early. Maybe the NAB will change that but it would be a mighty effort.

Scrads

Cegs is already replacing Hale, so I don't think he explicitly takes Rough's spot.

For me it's Sicily or Burton. With Schoey in the side, we were already quite tall in the first place so IMO we don't need to necessarily replace Rough with another KPF.

Nige

Gotta be Sicily I reckon, this is his big chance to break into the 22 I think.

Ricochet

Quote from: Scrads on February 01, 2016, 05:15:26 PM
With Schoey in the side, we were already quite tall in the first place so IMO we don't need to necessarily replace Rough with another KPF.
Whitecross ;) :P

Rusty00

What about the immortal himself Jesus Spangher!