How can we improve the AXV?

Started by BB67th, November 26, 2015, 05:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

I've noticed that during last season the AXV community probably wasn't quite as active as it has been in previous seasons, and I wasn't the most active throughout the season, which contributed to this issue.

However in the next year I will be back and online more than ever and committed to making this the best XV Competition on Fan Footy!

To do this, I think we need to start doing a few more weekly initiatives around the competition.

A few of my ideas are:

- AXV Coaches Association Award - I've had the idea for this one for a couple of seasons now. Pretty much it would mirror the AFL Coaches Association Award where each coach would give a 5-4-3-2-1 to the 5 most valuable players in their eyes each week. It would allow coaches to have a go at voting in their own awards, and it wouldn't require too much from each club every week, and would get people a bit more involved

- AXV Rising Star Award - I think it will be good to bring this award back. Perhaps we could discuss the criteria people would like to see for it in this thread? We could mirror the AFL Rising Star Award, or make it exclusively for first year players.

- Weekly Team Write-Ups - With the extra time it takes to do weekly scores now that we calculate them ourselves, I'm not too sure if I will have the time each week to do a proper write-up, so if anyone else is interested in doing this, let me know!

- AXV Tipping Competitio
n - I remember we had this running in the first season of the AXV (Master Q ran it if my memory serves me correctly). It was a bit of fun to see how well everyone knew the rest of the competition and a good way for members of the rest of the FF community to join in with the AXV. I'd be happy to run this and I'm sure I can tee up a forum title for the winner!

Those are just a few ideas, I'd love to hear anymore that people have. Please post here what your thoughts are towards all of these. I'd really like to increase coach activity around the AXV and keep interest up so we can keep this as a strong competition and move towards being the best XV Competition of all ;)

Nige

I think all of the ideas in the OP are good, you probably could lump in a team of the week with the rising star every week (I did this for Worlds this year).

I think what was missed this year was the activity and banter which is how AXVs made its name and was known for under Colli. So really, all the ideas should be implemented, but the most important is the constant activity of the admins and coaches. It used to happen here and there's no reason we can't make it happen again considering most of the coaches are forum regulars who aren't afraid to post around and banter a bit.

Worlds, and BXVs to a lesser extent have achieved this fairly successfully, so I reckon that should be something we aim to achieve here in AXVs - restoring the comp to its former glory.

Memphistopheles

WXV is my favourite competition because of the simulated 'salary cap'.

It adds another element of intrigue and allows for unlimited trades (the restriction is you must stay under the max cap or over the min cap) - perhaps we could do similar?

Also the points cap means teams are more even. Whereas there is a bigger gap between the best and worst  teams in the AXV imo.