Started by Holz, November 24, 2015, 05:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2015, 09:14:56 AM
Quote from: Atto on November 25, 2015, 09:07:21 AM
Quote from: T Dog on November 25, 2015, 08:45:10 AM
Belarus select A. Francis.

Spite pm'd

You'd want to pm SinnerZ mate, not Spite. :)

l messaged him a bit earlier just in case he hadn't been yet

thanks Gents.

Holz

Quote from: nostradamus on November 25, 2015, 09:14:56 AM
Quote from: Atto on November 25, 2015, 09:07:21 AM
Quote from: T Dog on November 25, 2015, 08:45:10 AM
Belarus select A. Francis.

Spite pm'd

You'd want to pm SinnerZ mate, not Spite. :)

l messaged him a bit earlier just in case he hadn't been yet

so did I :)

Holz

not surprised by the top 4.

will be interesting from here on out though.

Ricochet

Nige

Holz pls, it's Hopper not Hooper!

Atto

Quote from: Nige on November 25, 2015, 12:26:01 PM

Sweden is upset by this.   :P

Holz

Quote from: Atto on November 25, 2015, 12:38:00 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 25, 2015, 12:26:01 PM

Sweden is upset by this.   :P

i must have typed Hooper like 50+ times already. I love him.

Hooper soo much cooler then Hopper.

on that note its quite funny as its Sweeden who were invovled :P

SinnerZ

Titans would love to welcome Ben Keays to the club

Holz

Quote from: SinnerZ on November 25, 2015, 05:06:56 PM

didnt expect him to go that early. thought he might slip given academy and probably needs a year or two to really be good. but the kid has huge talent.

like it.

Holz

With that we have our Top 5

1. Callum Mills - Croation Crushers

He's a big bodied and hard working inside midfielder with a gift for winning his own ball. Relative to other midfielders, he's excellent overhead too. He knows how to find the ball and is a smart footballer. He's also surprisingly athletic despite not looking it on the field sometimes, running good sprint times. The question is his kicking which is a bit iffy, but with time in the system should improve.

He was crowned an under 18s All-Australian in 2014 after averaging 21 disposals in the championships

2. Jacob Hopper -  Swedish Metal

Hopper is a dominant and bullocking inside midfielder that influences every game he plays in. In terms of pure ball winning ability and inside nous, Hopper is the best in the draft. He positions himself so well in contested situations and is so clean and composed when winning the ball and consolidating it. He's powerful while forward, kicking goals and dominating opponents. The only knock on him is that he's not elite for speed nor a lethal kick.

Hopper starred during this year’s Under 18 national championships, averaging 27 disposals, 16 contested possessions, six inside 50s, nine clearances, one goal  over three games.

3. Darcy Parish - Spanish Stallions

Parish has been hyped up and in the conversation for years now â€" being talked up as a top 5 pick since his stint in the 16s. Excelling as a bottom ager last year, Parish hasn't dominated like one might have hoped this year, but he's still done well. On the outside he's silky; just so skilled, composed, classy and reasonably quick too. He works hard, finds space and does all the right things. But it's inside where he's a bit of an unknown. Those that saw his academy games early in the season would think he's got a real inside game with a hard edge and some mongrel â€" but after breaking his hand, he's sat outside the contest a bit more.

Has electric pace, great strength for his size and a real knack for accumulating the footy. He averaged 22 disposals in the national championships and 28 in the TAC Cup this season.

4. Aaron Francis - Belarus Bison

As a player I think Francis is a freak â€" he's quick and supremely agile â€" potentially the most agile player in the draft, as well as possessing a great leap. Aerially he's dominant, reading the flight so well and cutting across to intercept regularly. He's also good one on one. By foot he's close to the best in the draft, possessing a long, penetrating kick. He can play back on a variety of opponents, but also forward to a high level; which is where Essendon may play him; his leading patterns are solid and he creates separation and makes things happen. What Francis gives you is options â€" and Essendon need them.

In defence he’s an excellent intercept player with great game sense, highlighted by his 11 intercept marks for SA in this year’s national championships. Up forward, he just knows where the goals are.

5. Ben Keays - Greek Titants

He's a dual All-Australian junior who can also excel forward. A gifted accumulator with a great burst, Keays occasionally struggles to hurt his opponent by foot but does like to run and carry and break through congestion. The knock on him for mine is that he's not dominant inside, with his balance and strength lacking, nor is he a lethal user outside. He just sits a bit in no-mans land in terms of a future role.

starred for his state and averaged 29 disposals and 162 SuperCoach points in this year’s under 18 national carnival. Could be a future captain, too.

SinnerZ

Quote from: Holz on November 25, 2015, 05:08:03 PM

didnt expect him to go that early. thought he might slip given academy and probably needs a year or two to really be good. but the kid has huge talent.

like it.

Keays upside was way too big to let him slide any further! In terms of fantasy he can hurt you in so many different ways whether its kicking goals or accumulating loads of the ball. With Aish and Redden leaving in free agency this year he may be able to get games early and start producing (he did average 162 super coach points after all). May take a couple years before he really starts going but Spite and I believe he will be worth it.

Holz

Quote from: SinnerZ on November 25, 2015, 05:42:56 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 25, 2015, 05:08:03 PM

like it.

Keays upside was way too big to let him slide any further! In terms of fantasy he can hurt you in so many different ways whether its kicking goals or accumulating loads of the ball. With Aish and Redden leaving in free agency this year he may be able to get games early and start producing (he did average 162 super coach points after all). May take a couple years before he really starts going but Spite and I believe he will be worth it.

certainly like him as a prospect. Had him write up there, only one guy left who i rate above him, a few guys on a similar level so plenty of talent left.

Hellopplz

I love Keays, surprised he went so late though! A gun accumulator and in DT, that's a great way to score points ;).

Solid top 5 in my opinion, all with big futures :D. Now I shall sit patiently until my first pick at 26 :P.

Spinking

The Stallions select Matthew Kennedy.

Gun.

Nige

I was originally gonna take somebody else, but this bloke still being on the table is all I've ever wanted.

Clayton Oliver, you'll feel best being Swiss!  8)