EXV National Draft

Started by Holz, November 24, 2015, 05:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Bashers will take Nathan Broad.

SinnerZ

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2015, 06:28:01 PM
Thank goodness. Avoided my guy!

For Iceland'd pick we shall take a point on Matthew Himmelberg. Although at GWS he has decent potential if he applies himself. Doubt he'll play games next year but I need to really get some youth in up forward so will help out with Hardwick going forward :). Hoping he can turn into a Crows Tommy Lynch in the distant future!

Not home yet so can somebody please PM whoever is next :).

Damn!

Had a real good look at Himmelberg, if i was drafting the better player out of Phillips and Himmelberg i would take Himmelberg in a heart-beat. However the fact that this is a fantasy based game, Phillips scoring potential IMO was greater then Himmelberg's. The fact that Phillips had a 44 disposal, 9 tackles, 2.2 goal, 6 mark game this year against the Calder Cannons, for me he was just a more well rounded fantasy scorer who can score in more ways.

None the less i can see the (hopeful) Lynch comparison. More like a less freakish Stringer for me.

Himmelberg was the best player available at your pick so i applaud you for making a very good choice.

Nige

For Iceland'd pick we shall take a point on Matthew Himmelberg. Although at GWS he has decent potential if he applies himself. Doubt he'll play games next year but I need to really get some youth in up forward so will help out with Hardwick going forward :). Hoping he can turn into a Crows Tommy Lynch in the distant future!

Matthew Himmelberg eh?  :P

SinnerZ

Phillips just won collingwood's 2km time trial aswell! beat out sidebottom.

Holz

Hellopplz

Quote from: Nige on November 30, 2015, 06:48:28 PM
At N49, can't complain :P.

Quote from: SinnerZ on November 30, 2015, 06:47:40 PM

Damn!

Had a real good look at Himmelberg, if i was drafting the better player out of Phillips and Himmelberg i would take Himmelberg in a heart-beat. However the fact that this is a fantasy based game, Phillips scoring potential IMO was greater then Himmelberg's. The fact that Phillips had a 44 disposal, 9 tackles, 2.2 goal, 6 mark game this year against the Calder Cannons, for me he was just a more well rounded fantasy scorer who can score in more ways.

None the less i can see the (hopeful) Lynch comparison. More like a less freakish Stringer for me.

Himmelberg was the best player available at your pick so i applaud you for making a very good choice.
Huge game indeed! I had another Pies player on my radar come Rookie Draft time as well, they certainly know a way to recruit a few fantasy guys. Yeah Himmelberg is mostly potential at the moment, especially at GWS where they can bring him along slowly. Given Himmelberg averaged 61 over 3 games at the U18 Championships, to Phillips's 46 average over 3 games as well ;). In TAC, Himmel went 74 average over 7 games, with 4 over 70 which is good enough for me! Compared to Phillip's though, it's nothing :P. 120.6 average over the season :o. How did I miss that at first!!

But agree DT is quite a fickle game >:(.

Nige

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2015, 07:14:28 PM
I hear he's already unhappy that the coach doesn't know his name.  ;) :P

Hellopplz

Quote from: Nige on November 30, 2015, 07:15:27 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2015, 07:14:28 PM
I hear he's already unhappy that the coach doesn't know his name.  ;) :P
Shhhh, I was on phone and had to get up early cause GF's mum asked me to take her into uni for work haha. ***Harrison Himmelberg ;). Although Matthew had a nice ring to it :'(.

Was also in need of forwards so Himmel is more of a sure thing long term than Phillip's as a forward. I still hate how Pies never made use of Bennedy :'(.

Hellopplz

Oh yeah if anybody wants AF/DT U18 Champs + TAC scores let me know and can send you a nice link :).

Just cause some people from other comps didn't like providing info out in the open to those who don't want to do their own research :P.

Ziplock

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2015, 07:22:48 PM
Oh yeah if anybody wants AF/DT U18 Champs + TAC scores let me know and can send you a nice link :).

Just cause some people from other comps didn't like providing info out in the open to those who don't want to do their own research :P.

haha, can you send me a link?

I tried finding it, but couldn't, so had to do a really rough copy myself that ended up given pretty average stats (albeit, all my picks are done now :p )

Spite

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 30, 2015, 07:22:48 PM

Please send it to me as well, more so for DT 2016 rather than XVs

LF

Did the next person get pm'ed?

Nige

Quote from: LF on December 01, 2015, 03:24:34 PM
Presumably not, Atto's been on since the last pick but didn't pick himself, probably didn't know though because he usually picks when he's on.

LF

Quote from: Nige on December 01, 2015, 03:26:47 PM
Quote from: LF on December 01, 2015, 03:24:34 PM
Presumably not, Atto's been on since the last pick but didn't pick himself, probably didn't know though because he usually picks when he's on.

Yeah and he picked in America's this morning as well.Ill shoot him a message on FB he might be at work tho

Atto

Aidyn Johnson thanks.

My apologies guys.