AXV - Vacant Coaching Position - Turkish Gazelles

Started by BB67th, November 24, 2015, 05:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

After 3 years of service to the competition, Noz has unfortunately been removed as coach of the Turkish Gazelles in the AXV due to his recent inactivity. Specifics on this can be found here:
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,66981.msg1691313.html#msg1691313

As such, his team the Turkish Gazelles requires a new head coach. We are looking for a coach who can be actively involved with trading, drafting, submitting weekly teams during the season, and contributing to what is a great all-round competition.

The Gazelles had moderate success this season, finishing the home and away season in 11th position with 7 wins for the season. They did show the depth of their list by making the finals in the reserves competition, finishing 6th and making the Semi-Finals.

The incoming coach will at this stage have an opportunity to make their own de-listings and participate as usual our upcoming draft period. (Subject to competition discussion and confirmation)

The AXV uses the old Sportsbet scoring system, and information can be found on it and all the other details of the competition here:
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,66632.0.html
Or simply shoot me a pm if you have any questions, I'm always happy to answer them. :)

Below is the current team list of the Turkish Gazelles. If you are interested in becoming a coach, please give a short application about who you are, what your best XV for the team would be and why you feel you deserve the job. Voting will then be sent out to all current AXV coaches, and the new coach with the highest amount of votes will have first choice of which team they would like to coach.

Due to the need to start our own drafts and keep the off-season moving, applications will be open for just over a day, closing at 11:59PM AEDT on Wednesday 25th November

TURKISH GAZELLES - Please ignore numbers next to player names

SENIOR LIST

1. Jobe Watson 9
2. Patrick Dangerfield
3. Ivan Maric 6
4. Michael Hurley 4
5. Mark Baguley 4
6. Paul Chapman 6
7. Reece McKenzie
8. Mitchell Duncan 4
9. Leigh Adams 4
10. Nathan Grima 4
11. Jack Watts
12. John Butcher
13. Tom Mitchell 4
14. Clem Smith
15. Brandon Ellis 4
16. Harry Taylor
17. Arryn Siposs 2
18. Jonathan Simpkin 2
19. Sam Fisher 4
20. Brendon Ah Chee 1
21. Tyrone Vickery
22. Adam Goodes 9
23. Josh P Kennedy 9
24. Matthew Shaw 1
25. Jed Anderson 1
26. Easton Wood 1
27. Matthew Stokes 6
28. Aiden Riley 1
29. Ben Newton 1
30. Liam McBean 1
31. Jonathon Griffin
32. Dane Rampe
33. Shaun Edwards
34. Fraser McInnes
35. Brady Grey
36. Ben Brown 1
37. Tom Langdon 1
38. Daniel McStay 1
39. Jarrad Jansen 1
40. Angus Litherland 1

ROOKIE LIST

1. Kane Lambert
2. Adam Oxley 1
3. Matthew Taberner 1
4. Cameron Delaney 1
5. Lincoln McCarthy 1
6. Adam Saad

Draft Picks

National Draft: #6, #22, #38, #54, #70
Rookie Draft:  #6, #22, #38, #54, #70

Good luck to all the applicants!

iZander

Hi my names Alexander but pretty much everyone calls me Zander. I started on Fanfooty over a month ago where i was lucky enough to get a spot in the BXV competition. I haven't played out a season yet but I've loved the trade period and i know ill enjoy the season. I don't think anyone in British would doubt my activity and if i were to get this AXV position id be just as active. Sometimes I'm a little too active ;)

Im not sure if its the different score system but I'm kind of surprised on where this team finished, i think its a decent team. Although it has a few retirements this year its got some great youngsters, particularly off the rookie list. The forward line gave me a lot of trouble when deciding its best XV and if i were to become couch id be looking to get a few forwards in using a few of the many defenders.
And the teams got my boy Hurley :) Big Plus

Team Name: Turkish Gazelles
Captain: Patrick Dangerfield
Vice Captain: Tom Mitchell
EME C/VC: JPK

DEF1: Player - Michael Hurley
DEF2: Player - Tom Langdon
DEF3: Player - Mark Bagualy
DEF4: Player - Dane Rampe

MID1: Player - Patrick Dangerfield
MID2: Player - Tom Mitchell
MID3: Player - JPK
MID4: Player - Brandon Ellis

RUC1: Player - Ivan maric

FWD1: Player - Tyrone Vickery
FWD2: Player - Ben Brown
FWD3: Player - Jack Watts
FWD4: Player - Kane Lambert

UTI1: Player - Mitch Duncan (Mid)
UTI2: Player - Jobe Watson (Mid)

EME1: Player - Harry Taylor (Def) 
EME2: Player - Jed Anderson (Mid) 
EME3: Player - Shaun Edwards (Fwd)

Memphistopheles

The forward line is probably why it struggled - you get 12 points per goal in this format...

BB67th

Well with only one applicant, we don't require a vote for who becomes the new coach of the Gazelles.

That means we can officially welcome iZander to the ranks of the AXV!