Ringos Rocky Road 2016

Started by Ringo, November 21, 2015, 01:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Agree Gaz is one that we are going to be wanting to loophole regularly through the year, to take that option away from yourself from the get go will hurt your scoring power over the season. The extra 15k spent so you can do this will be worth it otherwise at some point you're going to be kicking yourself you didn't.

RaisyDaisy

Harwood and Hartung are very interesting picks. Would be curious to hear your reasoning behind these selections

Ringo

Harwood in my opinion is in Brisbanes best 22.  He got a kick in the pants when dropped to NEAFL in 2014 and when he fought his way back to Seniors averaged 90.4 in the final 11 games. had an injury interrupted season in 2015. Have a back up plan if not named but at that price hard to ignore as possible keeper or stepping stone once we know who are the prems standing out. Defence is the hardest line.

Hartung - was sub 11 times last year and unsubbed averages 90 and again at the price has a huge upside as a stepping stone or maybe a keeper at M8. Sub rule going will assist Hartung and I believe will be in Hawks best 22. 

Ringo

Final play for this year:

I have 190k to play around with rookies or players not named round 1. eg Have sufficient to turn Harwood or Aish to Yeo.

Bye Structure is 10/9/11.  Although with byes so late this year this is not as significant as in past.

Dropped Dahlhaus as I am concerned how he will fare with Libbas return. Not overly confident on Zorko either but getting my structure right at the moment.

Keeping Hartung as my POD as he averaged 90 unsubbed last year and if he averages that with sub rule gone will be a handy upgrade or maybe even a M8 keeper if he lifts a little more.

Ringo

Was a bit bored so did some more work on my team.  Really wanted to see what it would like like going cheap in back line and do not mind it.  Have plans in case Aish or Harwood do not make best 22.

Main change in mids is now Hartung to Mundy,

Also wanted to structure a team with byes in mind with an even spread of keepers.  With a couple of assumptions that Libba and Crouch return to prem status and Berger stays fit and is scoring 90+ to remain at F6 Prem Structure now is 6/5/4 with an overall bye structure 10/10/10.  Will be aiming for at least a 6/6/6 Prem structure by round 13 but working out an initial  structure to start with to achieve this.

Have $85k to fix up rookies etc.

This will be the sitting team now till NAB cup.

GoLions

I'll start off by addressing your bye comment Ringo. Do you really think it's necessary to plan for byes this early? With all the trades we make during the season, our teams will be drastically different, don't think you can really plan for them too much prior to round 1. Just my thoughts though.

I actually don't mind that defence, could pump out some decent scores, might mean you miss out on one or two 'must-have' defenders at the end of the year though.

Mundy is an interesting pick. I love him as a player (one of my fav non-lions), but think there's a lot of better options.

Strong rucks, but no Goldy...could hurt. Could also pay off big time though!

Said this a few times, not a fan of Zerrett. But each to their own.

Ringo

Thanks GL - With regards to byes just sorting out structure to achieve goals.  Have got a spreadsheet that assists with this now and hence the plan developing.

Like Mundy and he is very consistent and will end up m7/8, Very similar to Priddis but a lesser price. Looked at Watson and Mitchell for that role but just think Mundy is the better option of the 3.

Rucks just think Goldy is too expensive so going with next best option hoping it pays off.

Not 100% on Merrett but will be watching NAB cup to see how Franklin, LeCras and Jake Stringer go as they could slot in to replace him.

Money Shot

Only Concern is Sam Jacobs. He will be a good scorer but think others are better. My reasoning too this is that he is a flat track bully and Adelaide have a much harder draw this year. That's just my opinion.
Apart from that I am a huge fan of that team.

Mat0369

The only downside I see in Sauce and Martin is if Goldstein turns out to be THAT much better then everyone else again this year you will either get caught behind on points or have to burn a trade even though you have the 2nd and 3rd best rucks in the comp. If you're worried about his starting price it might be worth moving Leuenberger to ruck 2 and then using the cash for one of Sauce or Martin to upgrade Merrett and also start another premium forward.

Ringo

Draft 5 for January

Backs are probably a little light on but I think there is value there.  KK has been tearing up training at the Suns and looks set for a big season. Have $60k cash to adjust Aish or Harwood if necessary.
Mids: Currently have Beams at M3 but this may change based on preseason form.
Sticking with Sauce and Martin as set and forget rucks with Berger providing coverage in forwards.
Fwds: Really agoninsing over F2 and F3 at the moment as no standout. Buddy may come in if he has a reasonable NAB cup. Have concerns on Dahlhaus, Zorko and to a lesser extent Lids.

Rookies are place holders pending NAB Cup and Rd 1 teams.

Peter

Imo, you will need more than $60k for the rookies, as you have rock bottom prices on most lines and  without the vest, coaches this season may not blood as many rookies

_wato

Would much rather Naitanui over Jacobs.

Really like Beams at M3, guy is a jet. Wingard?? What are your thoughts?

Team looks good mate, however I do agree that you will need to find more than $60k to upgrade rookies mate, hardly see any of those actually playing. Think you will need over $200k to replace them.

Money Shot

This is my favourite team I've seen, Apart from mine ???
Good mix of must haves and pods.
Do you have a source of someone saying that KK is killing it?

I think you have enough  money for rookies as heaps always pop up come round 1!

Ringo

Quote from: _wato on January 05, 2016, 06:47:50 PM
Would much rather Naitanui over Jacobs.

Really like Beams at M3, guy is a jet. Wingard?? What are your thoughts?

Team looks good mate, however I do agree that you will need to find more than $60k to upgrade rookies mate, hardly see any of those actually playing. Think you will need over $200k to replace them.
Just a hunch that Wingard may finally have a consistent season and finish in the Top 6 mids.

have a couple of downgrades that I can do if I have to find extra to pursue playing rookies. However King will stay for loophole,

Gigantor

Quote from: Money Shot on January 05, 2016, 06:50:35 PM
This is my favourite team I've seen, Apart from mine ???
Good mix of must haves and pods.
Do you have a source of someone saying that KK is killing it?

I think you have enough  money for rookies as heaps always pop up come round 1!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-04/sexton-shines-as-suns-continue-strong-preseason

"Lovell singled out Sexton and defender Kade Kolodjashnij for their superb pre-seasons to date as the Suns kicked off their 2016 at Metricon Stadium."