Ringos Rocky Road 2016

Started by Ringo, November 21, 2015, 01:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Been a bit bored this morning so I thought I would throw a team together.

TEAM NAME: Ringos Rocky Road
DEF: H. Shaw, A. Rance, G. Birchall, S. Wellingham, D. Swallow, R. Harwood (M. Scharenberg, D. Viojo-Rainbow)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, J. Ziebell, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch, J. Aish, W. Milera (H. Balic, N. Freeman, C. Mills)
RUC: S. Mumford, M. Leuenberger (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, M. Robinson, J. Elliott, C. Dixon, J. Patton, C. Ah Chee (M. Close, M. Luxford)
CASH LEFT: $79,300

2nd Draft - Nov 23rd
DEF: H. Shaw, A. Rance, G. Birchall, S. Wellingham, D. Swallow, R. Harwood (A. Silvagni, D. Viojo-Rainbow)
MID: S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch, J. Aish, H. Balic (D. Cavka, N. Freeman, C. Mills)
RUC: S. Martin, C. Sinclair (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, M. Robinson, J. Elliott, C. Dixon, J. Patton, C. Petracca (M. Close, M. Luxford)
CASH LEFT: $16,200

3rd Draft - December 3rd
DEF: H. Shaw, A. Rance, G. Birchall, S. Wellingham, D. Swallow, R. Harwood (A. Silvagni, D. Viojo-Rainbow)
MID: S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch, J. Aish, M. Hibberd (D. Cavka, N. Freeman, C. Mills)
FWD: D. Martin, J. Billings, C. Dixon, C. Bird, J. Schache, B. Kennedy (M. Luxford, C. Petracca)

_wato

That forward line has me very nervous Ringo.

And JZ in the mids is a waste, will never become a true premium I don't think. Goes missing way too often to field good mid numbers.

Swallow as a defender? Doubt it. Don't like Wellingham either. More news on Harwood too mate if you don't mind??

Other than that I love most of your picks (high risk v massive rewards for you I think) and the one I absolutely agree with is Rance. I want him again, but can't fit him in currently

GoLions

Quote from: _wato on November 21, 2015, 03:45:17 PM
More news on Harwood too mate if you don't mind??
Best 22 if fit, scores decently (80s probably), and should be extremely cheap. If he gets through the pre-season fine and is right to go round 1, I'll be locking him in for sure.

Ringo

As I said first attempt an a lot of changes no doubt before season starts. Just to give me an idea where i can chop and change.  Wellingham finally showed something with the Eagles last year and I expect him to kick on next

Ziebell is the one who i will be playing around with along with rucks.

Harwood had an injury ravaged season last year and has had a groin operation and is back to full fitness,  Will be in Brisbanes best 22, unless his form has dropped, especially now with Golby being de-listed.

Have to wait for DPP's to be announced and remember Swallow was off H/B prior to suns injury crisis. Plenty of other options around that price as well.

Ringo

The pains of naming a ream early and the injury jinx/curse continues for me with Scharenberg now out for the season with an ACL.

So here is a 2nd draft with a few changes

MID: S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch, J. Aish, H. Balic (D. Cavka, N. Freeman, C. Mills)
FWD: D. Martin, M. Robinson, J. Elliott, C. Dixon, J. Patton, C. Petracca (M. Close, M. Luxford)
CASH LEFT: $16,200

Capper

Can you please take Mills out of your team as i dont want him to get another injury

eg6914

Quote from: Ringo on November 23, 2015, 04:34:15 PM
The pains of naming a ream early and the injury jinx/curse continues for me with Scharenberg now out for the season with an ACL.
Quote from: Capper on November 23, 2015, 05:01:52 PM
Can you please take Mills out of your team as i dont want him to get another injury
Straight swap him for McGinnity :-X

Money Shot

Really like the look of this team. How ever I'm against the Patton pick as he won't score that well even if he is 100% fit. Very good side mate looks like you will be right up there again!

crowls

Love the second draft Ringo.    Stunning mids and quality backs.  Does Dixon have R/F in 2016.  If so can understand the Ruck selections.    Hope he is no TBC!!

fasttrack13

Wellinghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam...!
Replace Patton with B.Kennedy up forward I think... He should be 180kish with an average of 35 this year!
It's a quality team few interesting Pods Elliot and Robinson! Could pay off!

Ringo

posting team I will probably sit on til prices and DPP come out (heard that one before somewhere)

MID: S. Pendlebury, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch, J. Aish, M. Hibberd (D. Cavka, N. Freeman, C. Mills)
FWD: D. Martin, J. Billings, C. Dixon, C. Bird, J. Schache, B. Kennedy (M. Luxford, C. Petracca)

Forwards still need a little bit of work.

Also need to adjust later with current bye structure 12/9/9.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Ringo on December 03, 2015, 07:45:37 PM
posting team I will probably sit on til prices and DPP come out (heard that one before somewhere)

Forwards still need a little bit of work.

Also need to adjust later with current bye structure 12/9/9.

I'm seeing Harwood in your side but I also read on heraldsun by one of their writers that Cutler is ahead of him in their opinion... What are your thoughts on that and the SC relevance of the both of them as a lions supporter?

As for your team agree definitely look to sit on that until dpp's are announced it looks very good.
As a pie supporter I think Aish will play a big role this year but I'm not sure whether that will convert into SuperCoach points with the team he has around him... Pendlebury, Swan, Sidey, Adams, Treloar, Crisp, Greenwood, Langdon, Elliot, Williams guys who will probably average the 85-90+ not sure if there's room for one more?
Just some good for though

Ringo

Aish at his price was hard to ignore for what he is capable of.  Think his demotion due to form may have been the kick in the backside he needed to show that natural talent will not keep you there. Think he is a much better player than Crisp and Langdon so will be in the mix.

Regarding Harwood preseason form in my opinion will decide which of Harwood or Cutler gets that HB role. Harwood had a break out season in 2014 where he averaged 87 SC points (which I will take from a D4-D6 anytime), Struggled with injury and loss of form in 2015. Cutler is going into his 3rd season and may break out so tough one there.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Ringo on December 04, 2015, 05:03:11 PM
Aish at his price was hard to ignore for what he is capable of.  Think his demotion due to form may have been the kick in the backside he needed to show that natural talent will not keep you there. Think he is a much better player than Crisp and Langdon so will be in the mix.

Regarding Harwood preseason form in my opinion will decide which of Harwood or Cutler gets that HB role. Harwood had a break out season in 2014 where he averaged 87 SC points (which I will take from a D4-D6 anytime), Struggled with injury and loss of form in 2015. Cutler is going into his 3rd season and may break out so tough one there.

Fair enough, thanks ringo!

As for Aish, sit on him for sure... All about where he is in buckley's pecking order. I think he really rates him if he wanted him at the club for 2 years running. Hard to gage where exactly he rates him amongst the bunch. If he was a forward I'd feel more inclined but with what's on offer through the midfield this year, I think it'd be best to look elsewhere. But he's certainly a good POD if you like him.

Ringo

Aish could become David Meyers to assist with byes - Will then allow Dixon to become Stringer.