Creek - 2016.

Started by creeker, November 14, 2015, 05:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Agree on Zorko and an interesting piece of information that you can do what you like with - Round 15 was the only time all of Beams. Hanley, Rocky, Zorko, Redden and Rich played in the one team fully fit.
SC Scores from that game:
Beams 142
Hanley 130
Rockliff 126
Zorko 124
Reddan 118
Rich 70

I included Redden as I see Bastinac assuming his role.  Also watch the NAB cup to see how Bell and Zorko are used. have not had a chance yet to see how they are being used as both score well when midfield time is involved.

Like your overall Team Structure.
Lobbe as sole ruck could be a huge plus especially if he finds the form he did last year between rds 8 - 12. Also another interesting stat on him averaging 6 tackles a game.

creeker

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 13, 2016, 02:11:38 PM
Quote from: creeker on January 13, 2016, 01:45:19 PM
As a life long Essendon supporter, I'm feeling a little gutted about yesterday's events.
The players should be filthy with the past hierarchy and I still find it hard to see how the club has got themselves into this position.
It reminds me a little of how the South Melbourne and Fitzroy supporters must of felt. Only positive is that we still have a club. Was looking forward to this season thinking that my Bombers could be highly competitive and now all I can see is a season of beltings.
Rant complete - one bonus is we should have some Essendon rookies who will get plenty of game time. Team adjusted to suit.

R Laird, K Kolodjashnij, J Bartel, B Smith, MW Brown, M Hartley.
(J Wagner, A Tipungwuti.)

S Pendlebury, G Ablett, T Rockliff, O Wines, T Liberatore, B Crouch, D Parish, J Tengove.
(C Petracca, R Mathieson, M Hibberd.)

T Goldstein, M Lobbe. (M King.)

D Martin, L Dahlhaus, D Zorko, M Barlow, B Kennedy, S Kerridge.
(N Kommer, L Sumner.)

I'm thinking Lobbe is back into calculations with Paddy Ryder also on the hit list. Dixon also at Port but I'm keen to see how Lobbe goes.
Funds again are tight with 3.7k remaining.

Really like it mate.

All really good picks in defence. Love the POD pick in Laird, did you get the idea to pick him from my posts on SCS?? hahaha

Midfield looks perfect. You know the love I have for Wines already.

Rucks are great. Lobbe is a must now with Ryder gone imo and Goldy will be one of the best scoring rucks again even if he is overpriced to begin with.

Four strong premo picks up forward. Dusty, Dahl and Barlow all appear to be good picks but I'm not sold on Zorko with both Rocky and Beams fit. I saw a stat which showed that Zorko scores considerably less when both Rocky and Beams are in the same team. Who knows though, if he still gets a lot of midfield minutes this year he could make a great pick.

Cheers Ben.
I did see your posts regarding Rory Laird. I then went into Google mode, did some research and liked what I saw. Highly courageous and a brilliant kick. Also looking at some mid time this year. He's not a lock just yet but I'm keen. Will be watching his NAB Challenge stats.
Zorko in at the moment for Bennell. This could change.

Thanks for the feedback mate.

creeker

Quote from: Ringo on January 13, 2016, 03:08:39 PM
Agree on Zorko and an interesting piece of information that you can do what you like with - Round 15 was the only time all of Beams. Hanley, Rocky, Zorko, Redden and Rich played in the one team fully fit.
SC Scores from that game:
Beams 142
Hanley 130
Rockliff 126
Zorko 124
Reddan 118
Rich 70

I included Redden as I see Bastinac assuming his role.  Also watch the NAB cup to see how Bell and Zorko are used. have not had a chance yet to see how they are being used as both score well when midfield time is involved.

Like your overall Team Structure.
Lobbe as sole ruck could be a huge plus especially if he finds the form he did last year between rds 8 - 12. Also another interesting stat on him averaging 6 tackles a game.

Many thanks Ringo.
Some handy stats there and interesting thoughts regarding Bell and Zorko. I hadn't taken this into consideration.
I'm very keen on Lobbe now. Could be that perfect stepping stone we've been hunting for. Being a sole ruck is a huge bonus.
Thanks again mate, I always value your opinions.

creeker

Has been awhile since I've posted my latest squad.
Getting to the stage where I'm starting to go around in circles with certain players but overall, I'm pretty happy with the structure.

R Laird, S Docherty, J Bartel, G Birchall, MW Brown, N Broad.
(M Hartley, C Adamson.)

S Pendlebury, G Ablett, D Shiel, T Rockliff, O Wines, T Liberatore, C Mills, J Gresham.
(D Gore, C Petracca, R Mathieson.)

S Martin, N Naitanui. (M King.)

D Martin, J Westhoff, M Barlow, D Wells, B Kennedy, S Kerridge.
(S Grimley, A Tipungwuti.)

Can't see too much downside to the team but funds are very tight with $600 remaining.

Have decided to start Adamson as a early donut to loophole Gaz with in the first 2 rounds, (fingers crossed he is not named). WC play after GC in the first 2 weeks. I can then see the best performing rookie then swap to him in round 3 before the price rise.
M King can then take over the loophole role.

Haven't got SC Gold so not sure on ownership percentages of players. Would imagine it's a pretty cookie cutter team though.

Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

RoughRed

Laird over Smith ... most teams seem to play Smith

Docherty over Simpson ... interest same $/point last year ... one on the rise one slowing down ... maybe

Rest looks similar to many teams

I have worked Wells into the team too using the $ to strengthen mid Prems. Not sure about Kennedy - a bit expensive as an early F5. I would off load him for a playing rook after NAB

Rookies are similar bunch except for Gore ...  Adelaide ... any info on him?

creeker

Wow, what a season it has been so far.
After yet another very average start, (ranked 22k after round 2) and hit hard early with injury, my team is now pretty much complete.

D: Shaw, Boyd, Gibson, Rance, McVeigh, Laird. (Collins, Lee.)
M: Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rocky, Sloane, Shiel, Wines, Libba. (Trengove, Menadue, Phillips.)
R: Goldy, Gawn. (Grimley.)
F: Dusty, Zerrett, Montagna, Wells, Hall, Lycett. (Petracca, Rose.)

Not the ideal team but solid enough. Current rank of 811 and 5 trades remaining.
Will hold trades now for awhile and await the certain upcoming finals carnage.
Sure to be an interesting ride home and fingers crossed for a top 1000 finish.

A quick shout out to some of the FF leagues. A few hitting there straps with some great rankings.

PICCOLLO

Quote from: creeker on July 08, 2016, 03:12:04 PM
Wow, what a season it has been so far.
After yet another very average start, (ranked 22k after round 2) and hit hard early with injury, my team is now pretty much complete.

D: Shaw, Boyd, Gibson, Rance, McVeigh, Laird. (Collins, Lee.)
M: Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Rocky, Sloane, Shiel, Wines, Libba. (Trengove, Menadue, Phillips.)
R: Goldy, Gawn. (Grimley.)
F: Dusty, Zerrett, Montagna, Wells, Hall, Lycett. (Petracca, Rose.)

Not the ideal team but solid enough. Current rank of 811 and 5 trades remaining.
Will hold trades now for awhile and await the certain upcoming finals carnage.
Sure to be an interesting ride home and fingers crossed for a top 1000 finish.

A quick shout out to some of the FF leagues. A few hitting there straps with some great rankings.

Looking in pretty good shape. 5 trades should be enough for you to hold your rank or improve. Upgrading Petracca to Dahl in a few weeks would be a good move.  That way you can loop Hall with Ollie Wines and hopefully some of their lower scores.