Creek - 2016.

Started by creeker, November 14, 2015, 05:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Great looking side. Think wines will get tagged more this year and won't be Able to dope with it therefore not scoring very well. Goldy is a must for me but I can understand why you are starting without him.

Good team and best of luck for 2015.

creeker

Quote from: Money Shot on December 31, 2015, 12:23:49 PM
Great looking side. Think wines will get tagged more this year and won't be Able to dope with it therefore not scoring very well. Goldy is a must for me but I can understand why you are starting without him.

Good team and best of luck for 2015.

Thanks mate.

Could be right about Wines but I think Boak and Gray will continue to cop the tag. Think Wnes is worth a punt.

With Goldy. There is a stat out there that says only 1 ruckman has gone back to back being the highest SC scorer since 2007.
Dean Cox went 99 then backed it up with a 112.
In 2013, Minson went at 114 then followed up with a 93 average in 2014.
Sauce Jacobs was the highest scorer in 2014 with a 115, then went 107 in 2015.
I still think Goldy will be right up there at the top at the end of the year but 695k just seems to much to part with at the start.

Ringo

Fanplanner seems to have some problems with its settings at the moment hence inability to delete teams. 

I am of the same opinion with Goldy as well in SC very overpriced imo.  Had a look at Wines myself so nice POD for you. Think Wingard may also get a tag before Wines as well.

creeker

First attempt at a team with Goldy. (man, he's a lot of coin.)
Still very doubtful I'll start him but wanted to prepare a team with him just in case.
Very confused with this years ruck set up.

J McVeigh, J Bartel, E Yeo, B Smith, R Harwood, MW Brown.
(C Byrne, M Hibberd.)

S Pendlebury, G Ablett, T Rockliff, O Wines, T Liberatore, B Crouch, B Kennedy, J Trengove.
(B Fiorini, N Freeman, R Mathieson.)

T Goldstein, N Naitanui. (M King.)

D Martin, L Dahlhaus, M Barlow, D Wells, S Kerridge, C Petracca.
(H Balic, S Yarren.)

25.3k remaining.
Still maintain 13, maybe 14 keepers depending on how Smith goes.

Team here for personal reference but thoughts and opinions welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

crowls

Really like this team Creeker.   
Possibly Wines could be swapped for a sloan or watson,   but is as good a choice.
worth looking at ruck coverage unless you plan to trade for cover.

creeker

Thought I'd jot this team down.
Still early days but getting a little closer to finding a structure I'm happy with.

A Rance, J Bartel, G Birchall, B Smith, C Byrne, MW Brown.
(J Wagner, R Bonner.)

S Pendlebury, G Ablett, R Sloane, T Rockliff, T Liberatore, D Wells, J Trengove, B Fiorini.
(N Freeman, C Petracca, R Mathieson.)

A Sandilands, N Naitanui. (M King.)

D Martin, L Dahlhaus, H Bennell, M Barlow, B Kennedy, S Kerridge.
(L Sumner, S Yarran.)

Pretty vanilla team with a few pods thrown in.
Funds are tight with 4k remaining.

Money Shot

Great team mate.
What are your thoughts on Sandi? Surely he is getting old hahaha

creeker

Quote from: Money Shot on January 05, 2016, 10:21:44 PM
Great team mate.
What are your thoughts on Sandi? Surely he is getting old hahaha

Just have him in as a pod mate.
His last 5 games for 2015 were 145, 140, 150, 142 and 120. A last 5 average of 139.4.
Still struggling with starting Goldy. Paying 130 points a week for him up front. That's a lot of coin.

ben_020285

Quote from: creeker on January 05, 2016, 10:11:53 PM
Still early days but getting a little closer to finding a structure I'm happy with.

(J Wagner, R Bonner.)

S Pendlebury, G Ablett, R Sloane, T Rockliff, T Liberatore, D Wells, J Trengove, B Fiorini.

(L Sumner, S Yarran.)

Nice team mate but I have a question, where did Ollie go!?

creeker

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 06, 2016, 12:12:21 AM

(J Wagner, R Bonner.)

(L Sumner, S Yarran.)

Great question mate.
I do like Ollie. Think he will make his way back into my team.
Sloane to Wines, then upgrade Birchall. Still early days, some fine tuning required.
Almost time to catch up for another sip Ben. The last time was pretty dangerous.

ben_020285

Quote from: creeker on January 07, 2016, 08:03:41 PM
Quote from: ben_020285 on January 06, 2016, 12:12:21 AM

(J Wagner, R Bonner.)

(L Sumner, S Yarran.)

Great question mate.
I do like Ollie. Think he will make his way back into my team.
Sloane to Wines, then upgrade Birchall. Still early days, some fine tuning required.
Almost time to catch up for another sip Ben. The last time was pretty dangerous.

Yep, Sloane to Wines and then upgrading Birchall sounds like a great idea to me.

I'm always down for a sip mate. I think the plan was one of the NAB Cup games if I'm not mistaken.

AaronKirk

Do you think Sandilands at 33 will play 22 weeks?

I know he has played 23 games in both of the last 2 seasons but surely he is a riskier selection?

If you do want to select him IMO you should downgrade Barlow to Leuenberger to have cover. Otherwise upgrade Sandilands to Goldy or Stef Martin who are safer (albeit more expensive) options.

Freeman is a risky selection given he injured his hammy again a few weeks ago.

Wells is in a wheelchair now... surely he is done?

crowls

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 08, 2016, 01:07:08 AM
Do you think Sandilands at 33 will play 22 weeks?

I know he has played 23 games in both of the last 2 seasons but surely he is a riskier selection?

If you do want to select him IMO you should downgrade Barlow to Leuenberger to have cover. Otherwise upgrade Sandilands to Goldy or Stef Martin who are safer (albeit more expensive) options.

Freeman is a risky selection given he injured his hammy again a few weeks ago.

Wells is in a wheelchair now... surely he is done?
Good team creeker and like your comments AK.    I think I bloody paid for wells wheelchair last year as i sat waiting for the mongrel to get onto the park.    Freeman is an accident waiting to happen.    Dont like guys with hammys before season even starts.  Agree with Leuy approach he is my F4 at the moment.   Though I have two premo rucks as well.   

creeker

As a life long Essendon supporter, I'm feeling a little gutted about yesterday's events.
The players should be filthy with the past hierarchy and I still find it hard to see how the club has got themselves into this position.
It reminds me a little of how the South Melbourne and Fitzroy supporters must of felt. Only positive is that we still have a club. Was looking forward to this season thinking that my Bombers could be highly competitive and now all I can see is a season of beltings.
Rant complete - one bonus is we should have some Essendon rookies who will get plenty of game time. Team adjusted to suit.

R Laird, K Kolodjashnij, J Bartel, B Smith, MW Brown, M Hartley.
(J Wagner, A Tipungwuti.)

S Pendlebury, G Ablett, T Rockliff, O Wines, T Liberatore, B Crouch, D Parish, J Tengove.
(C Petracca, R Mathieson, M Hibberd.)

T Goldstein, M Lobbe. (M King.)

D Martin, L Dahlhaus, D Zorko, M Barlow, B Kennedy, S Kerridge.
(N Kommer, L Sumner.)

I'm thinking Lobbe is back into calculations with Paddy Ryder also on the hit list. Dixon also at Port but I'm keen to see how Lobbe goes.
Funds again are tight with 3.7k remaining.

ben_020285

Quote from: creeker on January 13, 2016, 01:45:19 PM
As a life long Essendon supporter, I'm feeling a little gutted about yesterday's events.
The players should be filthy with the past hierarchy and I still find it hard to see how the club has got themselves into this position.
It reminds me a little of how the South Melbourne and Fitzroy supporters must of felt. Only positive is that we still have a club. Was looking forward to this season thinking that my Bombers could be highly competitive and now all I can see is a season of beltings.
Rant complete - one bonus is we should have some Essendon rookies who will get plenty of game time. Team adjusted to suit.

R Laird, K Kolodjashnij, J Bartel, B Smith, MW Brown, M Hartley.
(J Wagner, A Tipungwuti.)

S Pendlebury, G Ablett, T Rockliff, O Wines, T Liberatore, B Crouch, D Parish, J Tengove.
(C Petracca, R Mathieson, M Hibberd.)

T Goldstein, M Lobbe. (M King.)

D Martin, L Dahlhaus, D Zorko, M Barlow, B Kennedy, S Kerridge.
(N Kommer, L Sumner.)

I'm thinking Lobbe is back into calculations with Paddy Ryder also on the hit list. Dixon also at Port but I'm keen to see how Lobbe goes.
Funds again are tight with 3.7k remaining.

Really like it mate.

All really good picks in defence. Love the POD pick in Laird, did you get the idea to pick him from my posts on SCS?? hahaha

Midfield looks perfect. You know the love I have for Wines already.

Rucks are great. Lobbe is a must now with Ryder gone imo and Goldy will be one of the best scoring rucks again even if he is overpriced to begin with.

Four strong premo picks up forward. Dusty, Dahl and Barlow all appear to be good picks but I'm not sold on Zorko with both Rocky and Beams fit. I saw a stat which showed that Zorko scores considerably less when both Rocky and Beams are in the same team. Who knows though, if he still gets a lot of midfield minutes this year he could make a great pick.