Creek - 2016.

Started by creeker, November 14, 2015, 05:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

creeker

First look at a Supercoach squad for 2016.
Just going off Fanplanner's pricing and positional structures so it's very early days.
Doubtful on some players prices and positions but team fits under the salary cap.

A Rance, E Yeo, B Smith, N Malceski, D Swallow, M Scharenberg.
(O McDonald, C Byrne.)

N Fyfe, J Selwood, T Rockliff, G Ablett, B Crouch, D Myers, C McKenna, J Hooper.
(N Freeman, K Lovell, C Mills.)

S Martin, M Leuenberger. (D Currie.)

D Martin, C Wingard, M Barlow, L Hunter, C Bird, D Menzel.
(S Kerridge, C Petracca.)

Just throwing around a few idea's at the moment so this squad is mainly here for my own reference.
11k remaining so no doubt I'll have to make changes. Team will probably change 100 times before the season begins.
Thoughts and opinions welcomed.

fasttrack13

Fyfe > O'Meara
Rookie > Libba

And if give your an almost 10, but you've expressed your worries behind the large amount of returning injured players!

Apart from my leuenberger disapproval this team gets the cake!

Capper

Bird @ $310k as F5 isn't ideal when he is a run with player.

Will average about 60, maybe

The_Captain

Quote from: Capper on November 18, 2015, 12:54:10 PM

Will depend on his role at the new club..... But probably better to go a rookie or someone at 200k, and use the coin elsewhere.

creeker

Quote from: fasttrack13 on November 18, 2015, 11:48:32 AM
Fyfe > O'Meara
Rookie > Libba

And if give your an almost 10, but you've expressed your worries behind the large amount of returning injured players!

Apart from my leuenberger disapproval this team gets the cake!

Cheers FT13.

Agree with the Fyfe downgrade, just not sold on Jaeger yet. Read awhile ago where JOM still has a fair amount of work to do to be ready for the start of the season. Only problem is, I cant quote it. It was a few weeks ago and I just cant remember where I read it. Will be keeping a close eye on his pre season though.
Also agree with your thoughts on Libba, he is almost a must have. I have him priced around 475k though.
Tempted to take a punt with Fyfe to someone like Dylan Shiel (could explode this year), then Crouch to Libba.
Not sold on Leuenberger, but may take the punt. Goldy's first four games see's him up against, Sauce Jacobs, Stef martin, Maxy Gawn, then 211 Sandi. Thinking Goldy's BE will be through the roof and could be an easy uprade around rounds 6 or 7.
Just need Lewy to pull his finger out and make some coin over the early rounds.

Thanks for the response mate. All very valid points.

creeker

Thanks Capper, was hoping to get some feedback about Bird.

I remember Bird having some great scores a few years ago. Seems he fell out of favour with Horse this year and the limited games he played this year, he was tagging.
Now at Essendon, I can see him taking over Chappy's role. Heath Hocking will continue with the run with role.
Will monitor Bird's pre season and watch what role he plays.
If he even looks like tagging, he will be swapped for a rookie.

Thanks again mate. Always good to get some feedback and different views.

Capper

Quote from: creeker on November 18, 2015, 05:14:25 PM

Thanks Capper, was hoping to get some feedback about Bird.

I remember Bird having some great scores a few years ago. Seems he fell out of favour with Horse this year and the limited games he played this year, he was tagging.
Now at Essendon, I can see him taking over Chappy's role. Heath Hocking will continue with the run with role.
Will monitor Bird's pre season and watch what role he plays.
If he even looks like tagging, he will be swapped for a rookie.

Thanks again mate. Always good to get some feedback and different views.
The Swans moved Bird from the mids as he didnt have the pace to run with in the mids. So they put him a CHF to run with a rebounding HB

Antho Witto

Do you see Malceski getting back to his best?
and what are your thoughts on Myers?
Who is McKenna? I have never heard of him :o

And yeah I would turn Bird into a rookie for cash If I was you. Rookie will probably score better.

creeker

Quote from: Antho Witto on November 20, 2015, 01:12:57 PM
Do you see Malceski getting back to his best?
and what are your thoughts on Myers?
Who is McKenna? I have never heard of him :o

And yeah I would turn Bird into a rookie for cash If I was you. Rookie will probably score better.

Thanks mate.
With the wisdom from Capper and Antho Witto. It looks as though the Bird has flown. Do agree he is at that awkward price. Will do a re shuffle of my team.
If Malceski can average around 90, he would be good value.
If Myers comes in at Fanplanners price, he is an absolute lock, lock, lock, lock.
McKenna is the Irish lad Conor McKenna. Played 2 games for Essendon late in the year. Was hard at it, pretty sure he kicked a goal with his first kick. The young fella can run, very quick. I liked what I saw of him, another one to monitor during the pre season.

creeker

A quick team update post drafts.
Still going off Fanplanners positions and player pricing values.

H Shaw, A Rance, B Smith, D Swallow, R Harwood, M W Brown.
(O McDonald, C Byrne.)

J P Kennedy, J Selwood, T Rockliff, G Ablett, T Liberatore, J O'Meara, D Myers, J Hopper.
(R Mathieson, N Freeman, C Mills.)

S Martin, M Leuenberger. (D Currie.)

D Martin, D Zorko, C Wingard, L Hunter, D Menzel, C Petracca.
(S Kerridge, L Sumner.)

Roughly 85k remaining as Mathieson wont be 182k now.
Harwood seems likely replacement for Scharenberg. Averaged 90 in his last 11 games of 2014.
Have a feeling Brown could slot straight into Essendon's backline.
Not sure about Zorko but in at the moment.

crowls

Lots to like about this team.    Depending on price Harwood could be great value and avg 90+ for 2016.
Also hoping swallow picks up dpp and gets back 2014 form.   Shaw is a lot of money first up and would be a likely upgrade target.
Hodge more likely to be starting premo back.

with price reductions likely for gaj, libba and jom plus rocky being unders it hard not to see many teams include them.   selection of rookies will be the defining point here. Also this year we are going to see a lot of teams start with 5 premo mids due to cash being available.

Stef Martin, Luey are good choices and possibly include NicNat instead of luey for a set and forget approach.   

Forwards for me is always about DPPs and will have to wait to see who qualifies this year.    Definitely no KPP unless a standout rookie surfaces.

Have a great year.

Money Shot

Perfect team so far buddy! You'll be right up the top as usual 8)

creeker

As a non SC Gold subscriber, I was thrilled to see Fanplanner updated so quickly.
Many thanks to those involved. Thought I'd have to wait a few more weeks.

First effort at a squad with the official positions and prices.
Not sure if I'm that happy with it, usually more of a guns and rookies type player but there seems to be so much value this year.

J McVeigh, A Rance, B Smith, N Malceski, J Aish, MW Brown.
(R Bonner, M Hibberd.)

N Fyfe, G Ablett, J Selwood, T Rockliff, T Liberatore, B Crouch, D Myers, J Trengove.
(J Gresham, N Freeman, R Mathieson.)

S Martin, M Leuenberger. (M King.)

D Martin, L Dahlhaus, M Barlow, D Menzel, D Wells, B Kennedy.
(S Kerridge, C Petracca.)

Not sold on Leuenberger yet, but will be no 1 ruck at Ess. Hoping he can pump out a 95 average before being upgraded.
Gone with King (R3), R/F. Just in case a few other rucks stand up and can slot into the fwd line.
25k remaining.

Thoughts and ideas welcomed. Thanks in advance.

fasttrack13

Ripper team here creeker!
4 top 15 defenders right there imo so theyll all be keepers!
reckon your first 4 mids are definite top 5 candidates and libba and crouch pick themselves at that price.
Rucks look good
Top of the table forwards can't go wrong.. Wells+ Menzel should go 75ish and make you money and with the spread your team has you can afford them there!

Preferably: Duggan/Anderson/Dumont over wells if one of them lines up round 1

very very good team

creeker

Latest update.
Fyfe injury, wont be starting now. Also wasn't happy with Luey at R2.

BTW - Does anyone know how to delete previous Fanplanner teams in our account settings ? Could do it last season but doesn't seem to allow it now.

J McVeigh, J Bartel, E Yeo, B Smth, R Harwood, MW Brown.
(C Byrne, J Wagner.)

G Ablett, JP Kennedy, T Rockliff, O Wines, T Liberatore, B Crouch, J Trengove, S Kerridge.
(B Fiorini, N Freeman, R Mathieson.)

S Martin, N Naitanui. (M King.)

D Martin, L Dahlhaus, M Barlow, D Menzel, D Wells, B Kennedy.
(C Petracca, S Yarran.)

Still early days and haven't nailed it yet. Bring on the pre season games so we can have a good look at the rookies.