Peptides FC 2016

Started by AaronKirk, November 14, 2015, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enzedder

Eski finished 2015 with back to back 100s. He's cheap and if he doesn't work out after the first two rounds could be a corrective one/ a risk that might pay off. I'm not sure about Z Merrett though, he's not on my radar and with the coin you've got left I'd be looking at other options.

AaronKirk

Zerrett is a placeholder for now but come the end of 2016 I reckon there is a good chance he will be our 2nd best mid behind Heppell.

The kid is a gun and is only going to get better and has the ability to make the leap to an average around around the 100-105 mark in 2016.

fasttrack13

Can see laird improving with danger gone... smith moving to midfield and seedsman slotting to his spot.
Not a fan of Rance or any KPP premium, just a matter of preference though.
Heppell surely cops a tag no matter what? hope he has improved his ability to handle it. He burnt me with an average of 99 when i traded him which was around the time watson was missing.

Zerrett is my first picked forward... love what i see and lack of midfield talent at the dons i agree sees him in your top 3 mids!

Quality line up AK

crowls

Quote from: AaronKirk on December 16, 2015, 09:35:20 PM
Zerrett is a placeholder for now but come the end of 2016 I reckon there is a good chance he will be our 2nd best mid behind Heppell.

The kid is a gun and is only going to get better and has the ability to make the leap to an average around around the 100-105 mark in 2016.
Agree with you AK,  kid just looks classy around the ball.  Big chance to be 2nd best mid this year.  Dont have him in my team atm as see better options.
Ceski is a wait and see option.  Unless his role changes will score same as last year
Rance at 523K??  Could avg anything from 80-95 may as well go for better value.

AaronKirk

Quote from: crowls on December 17, 2015, 12:38:15 AM
Quote from: AaronKirk on December 16, 2015, 09:35:20 PM

Agree with you AK,  kid just looks classy around the ball.  Big chance to be 2nd best mid this year.  Dont have him in my team atm as see better options.
Ceski is a wait and see option.  Unless his role changes will score same as last year
Rance at 523K??  Could avg anything from 80-95 may as well go for better value.

Rance could well become a Shaw or McVeigh but happy to have him in their for now.

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 16, 2015, 11:31:36 PM
Heppell surely cops a tag no matter what? hope he has improved his ability to handle it. He burnt me with an average of 99 when i traded him which was around the time watson was missing.

As I posted above previously Heppell last year averaged 118 in matches we lost by 40+ points. With more inside mids around him (if all fit) he should get an easier time of it in closer games. I expect a 110-115 average next season and he very likely will be in my side.

RaisyDaisy

Interesting choice with Zerrett. At that price, he has to average 90+ all year. He might be able to do it, but it seems like a risk with not a lot of upside to take

I need to see Eski kill it in NAB for me to even consider him, because he was horrible this year

AaronKirk

First update for a while

Def: McVeigh, Simpson, Ibbotson, Smith, M.Brown (WCE), M.Brown (Ess) (M.Hartley, M.Adams)

Mid: S.Pendlebury, G.Ablett, J.Selwood, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, B.Crouch, D.Parish, J.Gresham (J.Jansen, C.Petracca, A.Marcon)

Ruck: T.Goldstein, M.Lobbe

Fwd: D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, H.Bennell, M.Barlow, S.Kerridge, N.Kommer (P.Ahern, S.Yarran)

$3,900 cash left.

Rookies are placeholders for now.

Current bye structure is 9-12-9 which is workable.

GoLions

Dunno about Ibbo, rest is pretty sweet

Having doubts about how Lobbe will score though, but still have him in my side for now

Ringo

Nice team AK - Doubts on Lobbe but there are arguments for or against in the thread on him.

Nice overall structure.  Defence is the hardest to sort this year and looks like Simmo could be a POD believe it or not as do not see him in many teams. With the Essendon Saga most will have a large Round 14 bye number initially and that is why it is manageable. (Bombers have the round 14 bye).

AaronKirk

Current update
Def: K.Simpson, G.Ibbotson, B.Smith, Z.Williams, M.Brown (WCE), M.Brown (Ess) (N.Broad, M.Hartley)
Mid: N.Fyfe, G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, B.Crouch, J.Trengove, J.Gresham (J.Jansen, C.Petracca, N.Freeman)
Ruck: T.Goldstein, M.Lobbe (M.King)
Fwd: D.Martin, L.Dahlhaus, H.Bennell, M.Barlow, S.Kerridge, P.Ahern (N.Kommer, M.Adams)

90,700 left

As you can see I have gone cheap in defense. McVeigh has injury concerns, Shaw is too expensive and really have never considered Boyd or Bartel (both IMO will miss a lot of games in 2016 being rested)

Gone deep in the mids with 4 premiums who I think can be in the top 8-10 come seasons end. Libba could be a keeper on his 2014 numbers and Crouch at the end of 2014 was averaging highly as well. I am expecting Libba to be a keeper and Crouch to be a stepping stone, but hope both can be keepers.

Goldy is a lock. He could drop 10-15 PPG but a 110+ ruck should be picked whatever his price. I am pretty keen now on Lobbe - if he can replicate 2014 he should be able to make enough cash to be able to sideways him to a decent keeper ruck.

Going strong in the forward line. I have my queries with Dahl and the 2 dockers boys but I suspect that Barlow will be able to play more in the mids if he is back to being 100% fully fit and Bennell will go well under RTB's coaching.

I suspect also that Dahlhaus will maintain his midfield time, even though he does play well as a forward with Crameri being suspended.

Rookies are placeholders for now.

Bye structure is 10/11/9

quinny88

Ibbotson can put some nice scores together when he plays loose but too often is forced playing a lock down role.
Midfield looks impressive although I'm not certain Trengove will play early. Melbourne are being very cautious with him.
I prefer a set and forget ruck setup, however I can understand the appeal to go with Lobbe.
Forward looks nice also, however Bennell has been in he rehab group almost all pre season so I would be careful with him

AaronKirk

An update FWIW. $28,300 left

https://gyazo.com/f25bf5d28e7947c619d4867bef04e7b3

Compared to my previous side I now have included Bartel and Birchall in defense and dropped a premo for a rookie. There seem to be a lot of rookie options and the consensus here is to go shallow in defense - rookies still for now placeholders.

Bartel's stats have swayed me. In my side for now. Birchall looked impressive in NAB 1 and with Roughy out for Hawthorn he looms as the one who will pinch-hit in the middle.

Still keeping an eye on Yeo (who was awful in the practice game), Smith (poor early, excellent 3rd term, rubbish 4th), Ibbotson (very good), Malceski (poor) and Zac Williams as other keeper/premo options.

I have gone away from Crouch and brought in Mills in the mids. IMO Crouch won't average enough to be a keeper and Mills with a 70ish average should make more cash. I have been able then to add Gray to the mids. I am keeping an eye on Pendles closely as he has been doing a fair bit of work in the half-back line in Collingwood training/intra club game. Still in my side but being cautious with him.

Gray with Port's good draw seems a solid option to potentially get a jump early. Also considering Priddis (yet to see), Parker (very good), Sloane (yet to see) and Wines (yet to see) as other options. Selwood and Danger at this stage are upgrade targets.

I had Duggan in my side but he was very poor today. He is still IMO a valid option for M7/M8 but would need to show more in the next couple of practice games. Mills should play round 1 - was excellent off half back/wing in the NAB game. Gresham showed signs whilst Mathieson from all reports was the pick of the Brisbane rookies in their NAB game up at Burpengary.

Rucks have changed. Goldy obviously a lock. Mumford has a soft draw and could go huge in the first half of the season. He is worth the punt. If he gets injured I am prepared to burn a trade to bring a Nic Nat or Martin in. Cox has shown very good signs for Collingwood and could be in a position to move past Witts as the number 2 ruck at the pies. Keep an eye on him.

Grimley probably the only other playing option for R3. Currie was pretty ordinary today v a depleted brisbane rucking outfit and have put a line through him for now.

Up forward Dusty and Barlow are self explanatory. Barlow did nothing wrong in the NAB game and Dusty should be a lock in every side.

Westhoff is a punt however if he does play that loose roaming role he could go huge early in the season and his stats over the last 3 years make him a very valid option. Has played 20+ games in the last 5 seasons and the last 3 has had SC averages of 98.57, 91.09 and 94.68

Other options I am considering for F3 (and F4 if i change structure) are Buddy (jury is out, but more time up the ground encouraging), Dahlhaus (not yet seen), Deledio (not yet seen) and Adelaide's Tom Lynch (very good v rubbish WCE defense, had some time up on a wing, in my current AF team)

Wells and Simpkin IMO are locks if they play round one. Wells is a gun and Simpkin's unsubbed average of early 80's in his career is excellent for his price. Kerridge off NAB 1 is a lock to play round one and at f6-f8 should be in every SC team.

Kommer and Tippa are placeholders for now but all signs are that both will play a lot of football this season. Milera was excellent for the crows today but is a tad more expensive and a watch player for me.  Am also watching Petracca and B.Kennedy closely. Daisy Thomas as a mid price option looked decent in NAB 1 and one also to keep an eye on (unlikely to select however)

Ringo

Nice team AK and very similar to mine in fact mids identical so not much more to say as we are going with same structure.

Rookies to sort Round 1.

AaronKirk

Current update. 13,700 left

https://gyazo.com/3319ee24c1a54f7b13f7b76c7e986bc4

Carlton being as poor as they will be this year has made me drop Simpson. I am comfortable for now picking Bachar as I see Richmond building on 2015 and he should be able to stay a similar average or improve in 2016 -  I'm still dirty that Hird didn't want to keep him. He is a gun.

Weitering has shown immense talent and am paying for JS. I'm happy to have Harwood for now. If he spuds it up early can cull him to a rookie before round 3 if a rookie emerges (similar to Brett Goodes LY) so it is a risk worth taking.

In the mids I have from my last side I posted here got rid of Gray and Pendles for Oliver and Danger. Danger is tearing it up and I have a hunch that Pendles will play a fair bit of half back in 2016 so would prefer not to start him. Oliver is a lock and with the lack of rookies available dropping Gray (Parker from my actual last team I didn't post) allows me to strengthen the mids.

Rucks basically haven't changed but I did bring Goldy back into my side. Was running with Nic Nat and Mummy.

Hall comes in for Westhoff. Hall has shown he should be able to go around 100 this season and at his price is a very good selection IMO. Was at more centre stoppages than any other midfielder in the comp during the NAB challenge and with the injuries to Swallow, JOM and doubts with Prestia IMO this will only remain similar or go higher.

I have dropped Simpkin to Bennedy - I haven't see enough from Simpkin to justify selecting him over Bennedy who should be able to get a good run at it at the Dees.

McCarthy probably has better scoring prowess than Kommer and hence that change.

I am pretty happy where I am at. If some cheapo rookies do emerge next week I probably will drop Oliver and look to bring another premo in - probably Harwood to a premo.

Thoughts on the team?

greco272

Honestly i would downgrade harwood to a rookie price player pending selection and upgrade Crouch or oliver to a premo. Also Mumford is the most injury prone player in the AFL, please pass, you will be saving yourself a trade.

Everything else looks perfect pending selection. A.Hall is a beast, i'm glad you have the balls to pick him! I wish i did!

G