Peptides FC 2016

Started by AaronKirk, November 14, 2015, 10:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Thought I'd start some research early. Prices according to Fanplanner.

I don't see how GAJ will be sub 500k as he is in fanplanner...

Anyway any thoughts on the team below? Rookies placeholders obviously

TEAM NAME: Peptides FC
DEF: H. Shaw, G. Birchall, B. Smith, N. Malceski, E. Mackenzie, A. Francis (O. McDonald, A. Johnson)
MID: N. Fyfe, D. Heppell, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, D. Myers, J. Hopper, N. Freeman (J. Jansen, M. Kennedy, C. Mills)
RUC: S. Martin, N. Naitanui (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Wingard, M. Barlow, B. Harvey, C. Ah Chee, M. Close (N. Kommer, C. Petracca)
CASH LEFT: $12,000

creeker

Nice to see the Peptides FC back into research pre season mate.

Great team you have with the Fanplanner's dpp's positions and pricing structure that we have to work with at this stage.
I also think some of the players price's aren't quite correct. I have Libba at around 475k.

Very solid squad. Had forgotten about Boomer Harvey, no sub rule now, could be a good get.

Being a Bomber supporter, what's your thoughts on Bird ? I see him as a ball magnet but the games he played this season, he was tagging. He wont get that role at Essendon as Heath Hocking plays that role. Thinking he is good value and should take over Chappy's role.

Big Mac

Hey mate, haven't done much research myself but I figured I'd give my thoughts

Defence is looking good, and so are the rucks

I generally like to start out and out guns in the mids, or players who are undervalued, and I'm not sure Heppell fits in to that. Being an Essendon supporter you would probably be a better judge though. I like the other picks, although Myers might be a touch too expensive for me

Also have some concerns about Barlow and Boomer in the forward line -  I think both will start to slow down this year with the former having a possible role change

fasttrack13

Like it mate...
Only concerns are boomer and EMac
Only thing I saw keeping boomer in the team was the sub vest, maybe he played on because he has guaranteed game time... Not sure!
EMac isn't really relevant for me... He'd have to average 80s and I'm not sure how he could do that and what sort of role he's going to play with McGovern taking that CHB position. Scharenberg potentially better value than him.

I like Heppell though, Watson, Goddard, Merrett bros, hocking, bird and Meyers back into the action will support him nicely can see him getting a lot More easy ball and having a higher DE% with that help!

The_Captain

Quote from: fasttrack13 on November 18, 2015, 11:58:40 AM
Like it mate...
Only thing I saw keeping boomer in the team was the sub vest, maybe he played on because he has guaranteed game time... Not sure!
EMac isn't really relevant for me... He'd have to average 80s and I'm not sure how he could do that and what sort of role he's going to play with McGovern taking that CHB position. Scharenberg potentially better value than him.

I like Heppell though, Watson, Goddard, Merrett bros, hocking, bird and Meyers back into the action will support him nicely can see him getting a lot More easy ball and having a higher DE% with that help!

What games have you been watching..... Boomers still there best player out there! He a lock to start in there 22! 

fasttrack13

It's just an opinion mate, like I said he played on for a reason so he and the staff probably still see him in the 22. I wouldn't be picking him in my SuperCoach team with a lot  confidence that's all I'm saying.

Quote from: The_Captain on November 18, 2015, 12:04:39 PM
Like it mate...

What games have you been watching..... Boomers still there best player out there! He a lock to start in there 22! 

The_Captain

Quote from: fasttrack13 on November 18, 2015, 12:20:30 PM
It's just an opinion mate, like I said he played on for a reason so he and the staff probably still see him in the 22. I wouldn't be picking him in my SuperCoach team with a lot  confidence that's all I'm saying.

Like it mate...

Yeah, i wouldnt be selecting him in Supercoach. The age now is a worry where injuries become easier and getting rested becomes more often.

fasttrack13

Quote from: The_Captain on November 18, 2015, 12:22:23 PM

Like it mate...

Yeah, i wouldnt be selecting him in Supercoach. The age now is a worry where injuries become easier and getting rested becomes more often.

Spot on, and with that age there's a potential chance the game could get past him and that's where you see him slip out of the 22. There were some stages during the year where that looked like happening. To his credit though his finals series showed us he's still got it for now!

The_Captain

Quote from: fasttrack13 on November 18, 2015, 12:27:16 PM
Quote from: The_Captain on November 18, 2015, 12:22:23 PM

Like it mate...

Spot on, and with that age there's a potential chance the game could get past him and that's where you see him slip out of the 22. There were some stages during the year where that looked like happening. To his credit though his finals series showed us he's still got it for now!

yeah hes still got it for sure. But the sub vest last year got him through it, meaning they wee able to ease him through the season at the right times. Now without that, his body will struggling a bit more so can see him getting a rest every 5 or 6 games, so he can see out the year and play out a major role for them come finals. because he still has the goods for an old barbie

AaronKirk

Thanks for the comments above.

Like it mate...

On this specific comment Boomer is still North Melbourne's best player. This would be why he is playing on IMO.

EMac is a placeholder for now. Others like Shaz, Seedsman could be viable options, alternatively there could be other rookie options.

Heppell last year averaged 118 in matches we lost by 40+ points. With more inside mids around him (if all fit) he should get an easier time of it in closer games. I expect a 110-115 average next season and he very likely will be in my side.

Rucks likely not to change at all.

I think boomer will play a lot across half back with Dal Santo next season. He gets plenty of the ball still, is a good kick and has the leg speed to still be competitive. A 90+ average is a good chance and with no sub rule has to be considered.

quinny88

Quote from: AaronKirk on November 14, 2015, 10:36:52 AM
Thought I'd start some research early. Prices according to Fanplanner.

I don't see how GAJ will be sub 500k as he is in fanplanner...

Anyway any thoughts on the team below? Rookies placeholders obviously

TEAM NAME: Peptides FC
DEF: H. Shaw, G. Birchall, B. Smith, N. Malceski, E. Mackenzie, A. Francis (O. McDonald, A. Johnson)
MID: N. Fyfe, D. Heppell, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, T. Liberatore, D. Myers, J. Hopper, N. Freeman (J. Jansen, M. Kennedy, C. Mills)
RUC: S. Martin, N. Naitanui (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, C. Wingard, M. Barlow, B. Harvey, C. Ah Chee, M. Close (N. Kommer, C. Petracca)
CASH LEFT: $12,000

D: I don't see any upside in Birchall or Malceski, I think they are low 90s players at most.
M: love the Heppell Pod. Think he is ready to become a super premo.
R: same comb as me, like it ;)
F: boomer will certainly be a pod but it's a big risk

Antho Witto

Like the backline personally very stable and consistant players. Do you see Malceski getting back to his best? and also I don't know if Mackenzie is really worth the risk.
Cant fault the mid although I would like your thoughts on Myers.
Harvey with his age is too risky for me.

Great start mate well done.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Antho Witto on November 20, 2015, 01:10:25 PM
Like the backline personally very stable and consistant players. Do you see Malceski getting back to his best? and also I don't know if Mackenzie is really worth the risk.
Cant fault the mid although I would like your thoughts on Myers.
Harvey with his age is too risky for me.

Great start mate well done.

Hi mate.

Myers is a player to watch. Has as much talent as anyone on our list when fit.

He finally got his legs right which he had issue with soft tissue injuries then he dislocates his shoulder. He is one to consider based on price and pre-season but I tend to not select mid price mids.

Malceski will be aided by the players that return to the Gold Coast side in 2016 that missed most, if not all the season last year. Someone like a Swallow or KK will cop more attention off half-back/midfield and he will be back to being loose across half back IMO. He is very cheap to ignore.

AaronKirk

Righto above is my 1st crack after SC Gold has opened?

All thoughts welcome.

GCSkiwi

I don't have your faith in Eski though your reasons have crossed my mind too - time will tell.

Merrett also an eyebrow raiser, do youthink he can kick last years form up by 5-10ppg? Nice POD but again I don't share your optimism!

Otherwise a nice squad :)