Main Menu

WBBL|01 Thread

Started by PowerBug, November 04, 2015, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

This is for all news regarding the Women's Big Bash League. For all discussion regarding the men's BBL click this link which will take you to the BBL Fantasy section of the forums. Reason being last season everyone just found it easier to post in there than to create a thread in here as well.

This thread however is for something new, a Women's Big Bash tournament. The competition is very similar, however unlike the men these people aren't weak and 1 team plays two matches a day sometimes. Every team plays the others twice, resulting in 56 matches + 3 finals.

It spans from the 5th December up to the 24th January, where I believe the final will be played before the mens Big Bash final. Only 8 of those matches will be played on TV, however the schedule has many matches being played in local grounds which would be free entry, along with some being played prior to the men's BBL match. From looking at the schedule it appears that they all kinda go from city to city together, so there will be neutral matches being played as well.

Some of the marquee players in the tournament:
Melbourne Stars - Meg Lanning
Sydney Sixers - Ellyse Perry, Alyssa Healy
Brisbane Heat - Holly Ferling, Jess Jonassen, Ashleigh Barty (Yes, the former tennis player)
Sydney Thunder - Alex Blackwell, Erin Osborne
Melbourne Renegades - Danni Wyatt, Dane van Niekerk
Hobart Hurricanes - Hayley Matthews, Heather Knight
Adelaide Strikers - Sarah Taylor, Megan Schutt, Sarah Coyte
Perth Scorchers - Nicole Bolton, Suzie bates, Charlotte Edwards

Bill Manspeaker

Danni Wyatt's the English bird yeah? I remember thinking she was a little cutie

PowerBug

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 04, 2015, 03:15:02 PM
Now now Bill, we are here to talk about the cricket :-\

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: PowerBug on November 04, 2015, 03:41:52 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on November 04, 2015, 03:15:02 PM
Now now Bill, we are here to talk about the cricket :-\
yeah I know man, just saying she's a cutie. can't remember if she was any good

I'm goin for the Sixers cos they have Ellyse. actually nah, I'm just goin for Ellyse 8)

Nige

Meg Lanning goes to my Uni and I've always been a fan of hers, so I guess I'll be supporting the Stars in this too.

JBs-Hawks

Torpedo10

FTR; Ashleigh Barty, not Ashley.   ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 04, 2015, 07:06:02 PM
FTR; Ashleigh Barty, not Ashley.   ;)
Her fault for leaving tennis. If she stayed I'd have remembered how to spell her name.

Nige

Stars win the first WBBL game!

Love Meg Lanning so much, a solid 75 which ended up being over half our total helped us to a win.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on December 06, 2015, 11:33:37 AM
Stars win the first WBBL game!

Love Meg Lanning so much, a solid 75 which ended up being over half our total helped us to a win.
Won twice actually. They played the Heat twice yesterday and won both.

Kinda weird coz the two matches were almost identical. Lanning top scored in both, POTM in both. Kristen Beams best bowler in both.

Ash Barty did alright in the first game, 39 off 27.

Today it's Thunder vs Sixers

Bill Manspeaker

is this being televised?

PowerBug

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 06, 2015, 05:46:25 PM
is this being televised?
I had to tweet them to find out which games were on TV. THey replied with:
http://www.bigbash.com.au/wbbl

There's 8 games all up being shown live. As you can see the first one is once BBL05 begins.

Also the games are being played at local grounds and should be free entry, Melbourne would have more than a few games recommend to people to head down and watch it :) There's even some days where there's double headers.

Bill Manspeaker

oh nice work man, cheers!

PowerBug

The Heat are going well recently but hav already played 6 matches :o Sydney Thunder have played 1! imagine playing fantasy for this one :P

Sixers are 0-4 despite having the most important player in the world.

PowerBug

Heat vs Strikers just started on OneHD.