Main Menu

Blues Best 22

Started by King Cripps, October 29, 2015, 07:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: blue on November 25, 2015, 04:02:58 PM
Quote from: Toga on November 25, 2015, 03:27:05 PM
Word is that Curnow is still pretty raw though so might take some time to develop before he's ready. Really nice draft for the Blues though :)
I just read that statement. Twomey said he's a bit raw at times and needs to refine a few things. What the flower does that mean?

Maybe his decision making needs work... Like getting behind the wheel after a few bevvies :p

Money Shot

(Just read through this now)

Although I agree with KC and think it would be better for out team if Rowe was at CHF I think he is a better defender and the club obviously likes him more there as he come 5th in the best and fairest.

Think Jaksch has potential to be a really good Key Forward how ever.

powersuperkents

Obviously Curnow will get anywhere between 5-15 games next season (barring unforeseen injury). I see them starting him as a second or third tall (a mobile, rather than stationary tall though).

What sort of an impact do Carlton supporters see him having?

Is he potentially SC relevant in his debut season if named as a forward? 

Money Shot

Quote from: powersuperkents on December 05, 2015, 12:21:04 AM
Obviously Curnow will get anywhere between 5-15 games next season (barring unforeseen injury). I see them starting him as a second or third tall (a mobile, rather than stationary tall though).

He won't be a huge scorer at first  but if he is named round one you would have to look at him.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Money Shot on December 05, 2015, 06:58:55 PM

He won't be a huge scorer at first  but if he is named round one you would have to look at him.
Cheers mate  :)

In the TAC cup I didn't see him lose a contest (marking or in the midfield).

On day I picture this kid being the best contested forward in the comp. Teams will want to stop him, however the best contested defender in the league will also be in Carlton (i.e. Weitering).

Big Mac

Quote from: powersuperkents on December 06, 2015, 12:53:52 AM

On day I picture this kid being the best contested forward in the comp. Teams will want to stop him, however the best contested defender in the league will also be in Carlton (i.e. Weitering).

You're forgetting Hogan  ;)

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 06, 2015, 03:37:25 AM

I literally did while writing that 

I rate Hogan more highly than Curnow, but I think Hogan is a primary target, while Curnow will be a second tall (having the two in one team would be an incredible combination). I think Curnow was easily the best forward in this year's draft (yes I rate him more highly than Schache & Weideman).

Holz

Quote from: powersuperkents on December 06, 2015, 12:28:37 PM

I rate Hogan more highly than Curnow, but I think Hogan is a primary target, while Curnow will be a second tall (having the two in one team would be an incredible combination). I think Curnow was easily the best forward in this year's draft (yes I rate him more highly than Schache & Weideman).

You're forgetting Rance. Reckon Weitering will be the second best Key Defender.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Holz on December 09, 2015, 03:15:42 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on December 06, 2015, 12:28:37 PM

You're forgetting Rance. Reckon Weitering will be the second best Key Defender.
Rance is currently the best defender in the league. However, by the time Weitering, Curnow, & Hogan are 24 & 26, respectively, Rance could be anything from retired to a solid, but not the best, defender in the comp. (I would back the latter, but by then he will be similar to Brian Lake - a gun, but not of the same level he used to be, and will have to favour shutting down the opposition more than offensive pushes).

If Weitering exceeds expectations (like Kolodjashnij) it could be possible for him to be the second best defender in the comp. by 2017-18.

But I agree with what you have said, as long as Rance is under-30 years of age, he should be basically impossible to overcome as the league's best fullback (i.e. unless Hombsch can steal the title - Port bias hahaha)

Mat0369

Tuohy, Jamo, Weitering
Simmo, Rowe, Docherty
Curnow, Cripps, Boek
Everitt, Levi, Wright
Daisy, Gorringe/Phillips, Walker
Kreuz, Murphy, Gibbs

Buckley, Graham, Kerridge, White

Lamb, Tutt, Whiley, Armfield and Cuningham probably all next in line

I think guys like Jaksch, Plowman and Sumner are all recovering from injuries. There are still a few open spots including the 2nd tall forward role.