Main Menu

Best Forward line since ...

Started by tbagrocks, October 23, 2015, 08:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Dog

2010 premiers...that was a fwd line.   1990 premiers a ripper fwd line too  8)

powersuperkents

Quote from: T Dog on February 04, 2016, 07:59:49 PM
2010 premiers...that was a fwd line.   1990 premiers a ripper fwd line too  8)
Buckley really flowered that team up. The 2010 team was one of the youngest to win a premiership. They could have gone on to win another two until Buckley took over and started driving the talent away (I get the feeling that it generally doesn't work when a player coaches the same players he lead or played alongside - e.g. Voss at Brisbane and Bucks at Collingwood).

Really disappointing because Malthouse did a fantastic job building that side (one could say that he did the complete opposite of his Carlton job haha  :P)

tbagrocks

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 04, 2016, 05:58:33 PM
Sorry mate

When a team is bragging about a single line, it means that the rest of the lines are complete shower (and the bragged position is only perceived as being good due to contrast)  :P

Hawks are the best forward line and I would not take a second thought in questioning it (why, because they never waste opportunities and execute plays with precision.

I would not even consider the Crows in the top 8. Stats based on last year means nothing - it was last year...

FFS Tbags you were bragging about the forward line being incredible in 2013 because of Lewis Johnston... Remind me what happened to him??  :P

Anyway, not to be cheeky, but how's the midfield going? hahaha
Midfield is supreme thanks for asking! Kids stepping up like matt Crouch, CEY, Lyons, Grigg, Atkins, knight all set to have best years to joining the likes of Brad Crouch, Thommo, Douglas, Mackay, VB, Sloaney along with Dean Gore and Seedsman joining the mid rotations!

Yeah, we are fine thanks ;)

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 04, 2016, 10:32:17 PM
Sorry mate

When a team is bragging about a single line, it means that the rest of the lines are complete shower (and the bragged position is only perceived as being good due to contrast)  :P

Hawks are the best forward line and I would not take a second thought in questioning it (why, because they never waste opportunities and execute plays with precision.

I would not even consider the Crows in the top 8. Stats based on last year means nothing - it was last year...

FFS Tbags you were bragging about the forward line being incredible in 2013 because of Lewis Johnston... Remind me what happened to him??  :P

Midfield is supreme thanks for asking! Kids stepping up like matt Crouch, CEY, Lyons, Grigg, Atkins, knight all set to have best years to joining the likes of Brad Crouch, Thommo, Douglas, Mackay, VB, Sloaney along with Dean Gore and Seedsman joining the mid rotations!

It sounds like they are running a day care rather than a midfield at West Lakes  :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 05, 2016, 12:22:48 PM
Sorry mate

It sounds like they are running a day care rather than a midfield at West Lakes  :P
I suppose Thommo's the carer?

powersuperkents

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 05, 2016, 11:16:22 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on February 05, 2016, 12:22:48 PM
Sorry mate

I suppose Thommo's the carer?
Thommo would be the carer in club. Although the Crows are my second least favourite team (no matter what they do as Port's rivals, Collingwood does worse as the rival of every club  :P), I have a lot of respect for Thompson as a player - just a genuine gun who can soldier through anything.

He scared the flower out of me in both Showdown's last year as well (esp. the first where I thought we had it won and he suddenly scored two goals from forward stoppages - one from a near impossible angle - and put the game back into the contest). Tbf, although Danger was the best midfielder at the club, Thompson, Sloane, & Betts were always the players I didn't want to see with the ball (those 3 were the feared players among Power supporters in 2015 showdowns imo).

tbagrocks

The Advertiser today: Crows greatest ever forward line

Alastair Lynch on League Teams today: "Probably the most potent forward line in the competition"

Menzel hasn't played, Cameron hasn't played, gets his chance this week with Milera out

Taylor Walker, Jenkins, Betts, Lynch all booting multiple goals each week! Mitchy McGovern comes in and guns, Milera has been terrific, Lyons and Douchie good small crumbers

Maybe some of you want to thing again what I as trying to say months ago? ;)

PowerBug

Let's see if they beat Hawthorn who don't have their best key forward playing :P They do that then I'll reconsider ;) They have been very good through 4 rounds though :)

tbagrocks

Quote from: PowerBug on April 21, 2016, 08:33:09 PM
Let's see if they beat Hawthorn who don't have their best key forward playing :P They do that then I'll reconsider ;) They have been very good through 4 rounds though :)
Yes true but, I don't think it will be Hawthorn's forwardline that beats the crows! Could be the crows forward-line that beats the Hawks though :P

Mitchell, Hodge, Lewis, Shiels, Smith and Hill v Sloane, Thompson, Douglas and a bunch of young, run and carry players. Although in saying that, it is more the crows run from defence rather than the midfield that actually fairly well matched it with Sydney last week that will be most telling imo

fanTCfool

If Menzel is in your best forward line, it's not the best in the comp.

tbagrocks

Quote from: fanTCfool on April 21, 2016, 10:59:11 PM
If Menzel is in your best forward line, it's not the best in the comp.
Probably why he isn't getting a game in the best forward line in the comp then hey?  :o  However ......

Troy Menzel kicked 26 goals in his second year at Carlton, playing 19 games. Troy also kicked 15, yes, 15 goals in two Championship games for SA before his knee injury, probably why he slid down to Carlton at #11 in the draft

Yet he is being kept out of the crows forward line because it doesn't need him. That' how good we are ;)

powersuperkents

The Crows really deserved that win...

Better team of the night, no weak links spotted whatsoever (the Hawks have a lot of weak links who are compensated by their numerous elite level players)...

Definitely a top 4 contender. Not to take anything away from Mitchell, Hodge, Poppy, Cyril, Stratton, & Burgoyne but, like the last two games they played, poor umpiring played a huge part.

Crows, Saints, & Bulldogs should have all gotten the 4 points. 

tbagrocks

What was I saying 12 months ago :o ;)

Highest scoring team last year (I called it last April) and the fourth highest scoring team after 5 rounds since year 2000

Consider that JJ, Tex, Eddie, Lynch and the Gov have hardly all been on the park together this year :o