Main Menu

Best Forward line since ...

Started by tbagrocks, October 23, 2015, 08:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Now tat we have Troy Menzel to go with two of the top five goal scorers this year, in a team that scored the third most points per game .....

Suddenly the Adelaide forward line looks like this

CHF
Charlie Cameron - Taylor Walker - Tommy Lynch

FF
Eddie Betts - Josh Jenkins - Troy Menzel

Wowee that starts to look like a winning combo ;)  Tell me it isn't the best in the comp?

T Dog

If only you had got in Big Trav Cloke  ;D

GoLions

Hawks by a mile, mainly due to GUNston

LF

Pfft Eagles forward line showers on that.

Jukes

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on October 23, 2015, 10:56:56 PM
Quote from: GoLions on October 23, 2015, 10:46:51 PM

Eagles are better
North: Petrie, Waite, Brown, Thomas, Higgins. No stand out player make them work well.
Port is just as good as the Crows

Maybe asking if it's the best forward line in the Crows history, that might be a better question :)

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2015, 01:06:26 PM

Eagles are better
North: Petrie, Waite, Brown, Thomas, Higgins. No stand out player make them work well.

Maybe asking if it's the best forward line in the Crows history, that might be a better question :)
That simply isn't true. Crows averaged 98.8 points per game, compared to Port's 91.3 Crows had 5 guys with over 25 goals this year, compared to Port who had 2. Port had a better defence than the Crows last year, so if their offense was just as good, they might have been the SA team who made the 8 and won a final :)
I'm just going by this past season and yes, Port could improve with Dixon but who says he even gets on the field consistently - he hasn't proven that yet.

Hawthorn and West Coast have a better forward line than us but Adelaide definitely have a very good argument for being number 3.

Big Mac

Pretty sure we have Hogan, soooo.......

Not quite the best tbag  ;)

DazBurg

Quote from: Jayman on October 25, 2015, 01:25:43 PM

Eagles are better

That simply isn't true. Crows averaged 98.8 points per game, compared to Port's 91.3 Crows had 5 guys with over 25 goals this year, compared to Port who had 2. Port had a better defence than the Crows last year, so if their offense was just as good, they might have been the SA team who made the 8 and won a final :)
I'm just going by this past season and yes, Port could improve with Dixon but who says he even gets on the field consistently - he hasn't proven that yet.

Hawthorn and West Coast have a better forward line than us but Adelaide definitely have a very good argument for being number 3.

well said Jay  ;)

Football Factory

PowerBug

Eagles are better

Not like the forward line tbag posted above has only proven players and doesn't have an unproven player in it ::)

So one goal per game extra? That is not even statistically different. How do you claim that Port's defence was better? By using numbers? Because by using the same numbers you are using the Crows had a better defence. (Again, the difference is not significant)

As for making the 8, you realise the Power were only 6 points behind the Crows on the ladder?

The Crows have a great attack, not doubting that. But for tbag to suggest it's the best in the game is not right at all. The title of the thread actually made me think this was comparing the current lineup to the old crows forward lines, which would be a better comparison imo.

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2015, 02:12:56 PM

Eagles are better

Not like the forward line tbag posted above has only proven players and doesn't have an unproven player in it ::)

So one goal per game extra? That is not even statistically different. How do you claim that Port's defence was better? By using numbers? Because by using the same numbers you are using the Crows had a better defence. (Again, the difference is not significant)

As for making the 8, you realise the Power were only 6 points behind the Crows on the ladder?

The Crows have a great attack, not doubting that. But for tbag to suggest it's the best in the game is not right at all. The title of the thread actually made me think this was comparing the current lineup to the old crows forward lines, which would be a better comparison imo.
Not saying our forward line next year is proven, I'm saying last year it was better than Port's and nothing that happened over the off-season would make me doubt if it was going to be better again next year. I can claim that Port's defence was better because Adelaide conceded 89.6 points per game, compared to Port's 85.5.

Port were 6 points behind on the ladder (likely would have been 8 if the game hadn't been called off), that's two games. And they didn't win a final like the Crows did. There was a fair gap between the two sides last year, and I think because of that, the Crows' attack deserves to be recognised above Port's until proven otherwise :)

PowerBug

Quote from: Jayman on October 25, 2015, 02:27:29 PM
Not saying our forward line next year is proven I'm saying last year it was better than Port's and nothing that happened over the off-season would make me doubt if it was going to be better again next year. I can claim that Port's defence was better because Adelaide conceded 89.6 points per game, compared to Port's 85.5.
tbag has Troy Menzel in his "Beat forward line in the comp" so clearly he is talking about next year.

I just assumed everyone played 22 games and read off the ladder and saw the Power conceded more points :-[ But still, 4 points is not statistically different over the amount of games played.

Ricochet

Are you guys on drugs? Have you seen Freo's fwd line!? Clearly #1

DazBurg

Quote from: Ricochet on October 25, 2015, 03:04:05 PM
Are you guys on drugs? Have you seen Freo's fwd line!? Clearly #1
LOL
gold Rico ;)