Main Menu

Pies best team 2016?

Started by kilbluff1985, October 23, 2015, 08:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

I'm coping some slack over picking grundy as my second ruckman. I was just wondering your thoughts!

T Dog

Quote from: Money Shot on December 07, 2015, 07:57:12 AM
I'm coping some slack over picking grundy as my second ruckman. I was just wondering your thoughts!

Its a fair point MS. Why isn't he your No1 ? a fair waste at 2 .

fasttrack13

The way i can see us setting up next year

B: Frost, Brown, Varcoe
Frost to play the role that Maxwell did but better as third tall, Varcoe to take best small.

HB: Williams, Reid, Langdon
Reid to go backline allows for more flexibility through ruck and forward but ill get to that.

C: Crisp, Pendlebury, Sidebottom
Crisp to tag and run off and i think Aish may be helped into the side with Buckley looking to play both pendles and sidey off HB line as well as midfield.

HF: Howe, Moore, Swan
Howe straight in, Moore to really knuckle down at CHF and play 10% of Total game time in ruck. Swan may struggle for midfield time and i can see him being a more permanent forward.

FF: White, Cloke, Elliot
If white can get really fit then i see him in the side he can play 10% ruck time and then rome up the ground where he belongs. Hes a hit up player getting the ball at the centre or closer to half back like reiwaldt but he needs to lift work rate.

R: Grundy, Greenwood, Treloar
Grundy is our no.1 ruck, just for his effort around the ground puts him ahead of witts.

Bench From:
Adams - Probably plays every game
Broomhead - Plays every game
De Goey - Him and swan will compete a lot
Aish - not sure where he slots in but buckley rates him
Oxley - Where will he play?
Fasolo - Hes in my 22 if he gets fit and plays midfield.
Witts - If white underperforms early witts will play 2nd ruck but be prodominatly a forward with marking ability
Goldsack - Frost has his spot at this stage but itll be tight come round one.
Toovey&Ramsay - Both these guys oxley and varcoe fighting for two Defensive positions.
Marsh - Also could take White's spot and swing him with Reid which i really like the sound of...
Macaffer - Will have a more forward defensive role, can also play as an attacking forward. He also could take Over Jesse White, but that means Moore has to play a lot of ruck time.
Blair - Dont like the wee man, personally not in my team but bucks loves him.

Nige

Not a Pies man by any means, but surely Jesse White gets the flick in favour of somebody else, even if it means a slight shift in structure or moving a few bloke around?

The other 5 (with White out) making up the team for me would be Adams, De Goey, Toovey, Fas and the last spot is there for the taking, but I'd chuck Broomhead in, dude is really good.

tbagrocks

fasttrack13

Quote from: Nige on December 10, 2015, 07:16:31 PM
Not a Pies man by any means, but surely Jesse White gets the flick in favour of somebody else, even if it means a slight shift in structure or moving a few bloke around?

The other 5 (with White out) making up the team for me would be Adams, De Goey, Toovey, Fas and the last spot is there for the taking, but I'd chuck Broomhead in, dude is really good.

Problem there is if you Take white out when Grundy rests it will be on the bench and Howe becomes second target which is a real problem for the pies. Luckily Fasolo, Elliot, De Goey can all mark. + if the other team has a small fwd line Reid can always be swung for Howe

So their are a lot of options for the pies
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 10, 2015, 08:17:05 PM
No SHAG :'(

dmac07

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 29, 2015, 01:20:22 AM
Quote from: Nige on December 10, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

Problem there is if you Take white out when Grundy rests it will be on the bench and Howe becomes second target which is a real problem for the pies. Luckily Fasolo, Elliot, De Goey can all mark. + if the other team has a small fwd line Reid can always be swung for Howe

So their are a lot of options for the pies
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 10, 2015, 08:17:05 PM
No SHAG :'(

I think Grundy plays best when he plays 75-80% game time in the ruck 10% forward, 10-15% bench. Unfortunately for Witts so does he, and he isn't damging enough for a forward so I think he misses out.

IF Reid is fit I don't see a spot for White, Moore will play CHF/Back up ruck. Howe as third forward, second when Grundy on is on the bench, but Grundy will also have stints forward. They can also swing Reid forward for short patches each game insuring the pies always have Cloke, Howe and one of Moore/Grundy/Reid as forward targets. Elliot, Swan, De Goey, Crisp, Sidebottom and Broomhead/Fasolo/Blair (those last three all fighting for 1-2 spots in the team), fill the rest of the spots forward.

Mr.Craig

The thing about omitting White and Blair from the team is that it takes away 16% of their goalkicking based on 2015 stats. I don't particularly like them either but Treloar/Howe/Aish will struggle to cover that loss of scoring and I don't really see any others on the list who look set to lift their goal average significantly.

This season they scored 13 goals a game while conceding 14. I don't think their defence has improved any so they probably need 22 more goals to be legit finals contenders. It's going to be difficult.

T Dog

Pendlebury and Swan to play more fwd apparently. Bux has stated he wants Pendles to be more of a goal scorer.
.......And then the bohemouth of Big Trav will score HUGE   8)

Obviously means keeping an eye on Pendles if picking him as a premium mid.
Its the whole team picture that needs considering not the one for one replacement with recruiting that has occurred.

May be a little one eyed but Go Pies Go Hard   

Money Shot

Quote from: T Dog on December 29, 2015, 06:08:12 PM
Pendlebury and Swan to play more fwd apparently. Bux has stated he wants Pendles to be more of a goal scorer.

Its the whole team picture that needs considering not the one for one replacement with recruiting that has occurred.

Where did you hear this about Pendles?

T Dog

Quote from: Money Shot on December 29, 2015, 07:14:19 PM

footy wire initially, then from a chronic member mate who knows this stuff.  :-\
if i can find the link will post it.

Money Shot

Quote from: T Dog on December 29, 2015, 08:52:41 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on December 29, 2015, 07:14:19 PM

footy wire initially, then from a chronic member mate who knows this stuff.  :-\
if i can find the link will post it.
Not good for SC :(
In comes Sloane I guess ....

This will be my first season starting without pendles :o

kilbluff1985

Pendles going forward a bit makes sense with Aish and Treloar coming in and Elliot wants to play midfield more

ubeaut

More time forward = more contested marks and goals and forward defensive tackles.

Pendles will still go in the guts and rack em up with gusto after a rest forward.