B: Toovey, Frost, Brown
HB: Langdon, Reid, Williams
C: Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams
HF: Elliott, Moore, Howe
F: Swan, Cloke, De Goey
R: Grundy, Pendlebury, Greenwood
Int: Scharenberg, Aish, Crisp, Varcoe

EMG - Witts, Marsh, Broomhead, Caff, Oxley, Blair, Goldsack, Maynard, Fas

Absolutely in love with this team. Will go places very very soon.

T Dog

The Caff will be fighting his way into the starting 22. Keep an eye on him.  8)

Spite

Quote from: _wato on October 23, 2015, 11:23:17 AM

This was my exact thoughts although I had Reid on the bench (Frost CHB, Brown FB) and Shaz on field, same thing.

I do think Aish will have to work his way into the team over one of Blair (defensive contribution), Ramsay (Barely lost when he played, defensive star), Caff (Tagged) and Broomhead (more of an offensive weapon) and I think that spot will be rotated based on opposition.

Oxley will be fighting it out with Shaz for sure but Shaz is first choice until Pre season shows more.

Early days, we will know a lot more about these youngsters come March :)

Pretty pumped!

Big Mac

Will be pushing for finals next year if everyone is fit. May not get there but still should see sustained success in the next few years

Can't really see any weaknesses in that side

tbagrocks

Last time I checked you had 100 midfielders and little else, make sure you recruit more midfielders though!

T Dog

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 23, 2015, 09:08:41 PM
Last time I checked you had 100 midfielders and little else, make sure you recruit more midfielders though!

I agree mate. A full back, Physio and a drink waiter for Big Trav would finish off the polish  ;D

tbagrocks

Quote from: T Dog on October 23, 2015, 09:11:10 PM

I agree mate. A full back, Physio and a drink waiter for Big Trav would finish off the polish  ;D
How are those scientists going with those kicking boots?

T Dog

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 23, 2015, 09:13:27 PM
Quote from: T Dog on October 23, 2015, 09:11:10 PM

How are those scientists going with those kicking boots?

European geniuses quietly converting Agueros boots for Trav.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: _wato on October 23, 2015, 11:23:17 AM

Fasolo is in our best 22. he manage 27 goals this year. Blair always seems to get games as well

Peter

If you look at the squad, there is 11 players who have played seniors this season, who won't be in the best starting 22, so barring massive injury hits, no excuse for not making finals. 33 players to start with

Spite

Quote from: Peter on October 28, 2015, 05:31:22 AM
If you look at the squad, there is 11 players who have played seniors this season, who won't be in the best starting 22, so barring massive injury hits, no excuse for not making finals. 33 players to start with

Love the optimism but let's be realistic here.

Anyone that puts Collingwood in their top 8 is asking for disappointment. Port and Geelong are near certainties for the 8 so naturally 2 of the top 8 from last year (presumably Adelaide will be one) need to fall out of the 8. If Collingwood were to make it, 3 would need to fall out of the previous top 8 and I find that highly unlikely given nothing significant has happened to the top teams.

We are a very young team capable of a few big scalps, but it is surely going to be a struggle for the young team to remain consistent all throughout the year. At very best we enter the last few rounds with a small chance of slipping into 8th but again, things would need to go very right for us to be in that position.

Having a look at our draw, I see us ending with 12 wins +-1, which unfortunately will likely see us miss just again. I still think 2017 is when we will make finals with 2018 winning a final(s) and 2019/2020 being our premiership window.

kilbluff1985

they will be fighting for a spot in the 8 crazy if u deny that

T Dog

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 06, 2015, 04:30:05 PM

top 5   8)

Spite

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 06, 2015, 04:30:05 PM

Not even sure if you read what I wrote. Small chance