Season 1: First Class Shield (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, October 18, 2015, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: PowerBug on October 28, 2015, 06:52:50 PM
NSW the only side that haven't got a full 6 players playing.

Very annoying. Lynn and NCN injured, Lehmann and Bollinger just miss the cut for their sides as 12th men.

Raphael should get a game for the Redbacks at their current rate, Kurtis Patterson should get a look in next round for NSW when the internationals are out, along with Bollinger ofc. Maybe even Jono Wells if Bancroft and Marsh get called up.

Also, is Shane Watson retired from FC cricket as well?

PowerBug

Watson is out injured at the moment. Missed the matador cup final with something. L

PowerBug

So that's 2 days down, and we currently stand in the following position:

NT Kangaroos   144   569   V Possums
NSW Platypuses   292   216   Q Koalas
WA Swans   248   364   T Devils
SA Wombats   427   745   ACT Cockatoos

ACT leading the way thanks to Steve Smith who has 540 when doubled. No doubt TAS are happy that Torp had a Torp moment and didn't name Mitchell Starc, who currently sits on 167 points.

The spreadsheet is updated, the formatting is a bit out because I just copied it across from my spreadsheet, but the numbers are all still there :)

Pkbaldy

Vic Possum Batsmen Travis Dean, has scored a ton on debut! What a bargain at $1,000.

Nige

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

BratPack

Can I have Finch's score from the tour match considering I originally picked him?  :P

This is crap, 503 run stand between 2 kangaroos and I can't flowering use them  >:(

Nige

PowerBug

The last mathc is just finishing off. And wow some scores are mighty impressive!

NT Kangaroos   216   1336   V Possums
NSW Platypuses   540   266   Q Koalas
WA Swans   290   427   T Devils
SA Wombats   465   929   ACT Cockatoos

nrich102

PowerBug

Round 1 - Possums start with a bang. OD Cup winner Q Koalas slow off the blocks
The Google Docs spreadsheet is updated, a link is provided in the opening post. All scores should be correct if you spot any errors then let me know. This should also assist you regarding selection for Round 2 as all scores are there, not just those that played for your D6s team :)

Results:
NT Kangaroos   216 defeated by 1336   V Possums
Only 6 players, no problems. Travis Dean wow, Michael Klinger wow, Peter Handscomb wow. Huge numbers from those three. Stoinis and Mennie weren't poor either, and 6th play Dan Christian only scored 4 points! Kangaroos weren't great, and really unfortunate when two of their players Aaron Finch and Ryan Carters, were playing for the CXI and scored centuries.

NSW Platypuses   540 defeated 266   Q Koalas
If 6 players was more than enough for the Possums, 5 was enough for NSW. Jake Doran and Stephen O'Keefe combined for 9 points but Captain Ashton Agar was very good, Callum Ferguson and Adam Zampa also scored well enough.

WA Swans   290 defeated by 427   T Devils
Low scoring affair here. The Devils getting the job done thanks to David Warner and Jackson Bird, who both tonned up. The Swans made a blue by not selecting Mitchell Marsh (181) or Mitchell Starc (173) in what will one of their only matches for the tournament as they go on National duty now. A win gone begging there for WA but a good one for Tassie.

SA Wombats   465 defeated by 929   ACT Cockatoos
Where would ACT be without Steve Smith? Probably bottom 4 in OD and 0-1 in FC. Smith finished with a doubled 638 points, the rest of the team not really doing much to catch the eye of Jayman for Round 2. This team will have some issues next round, Smith, Voges and Nevill will all be gone. SA had some good scorers, Ed Cowan with 228 will be a key to their success this season, he probably won't make the Australian side. Captain Shaun Marsh was poor (-8) but he'll get better you'd expect. John Hastings also performed well for them.

There's the ladder after Round 1. Possums with a huge % gap on the field. Still early days though.

Rd 2 [6th November]
Tasmania vs New South Wales
ACT vs Northern Territory
Victoria vs South Australia
Queensland vs Western Australia

Scrads

Definitely satisfying having a nice win a player short! Bring on next round!

PowerBug

Pattinson and Siddle not playing the next shield round. Torp and JB missing out. Round 1 heroes V Possums may get another bowling option in Chris Tremain. And the Kangaroos will get Aaron Finch back.

Nige

It'll be interesting to see what the Vic XI looks like. Given Sidds and Patto are both out, Tremain could get a go, but Finch is a certain inclusion. The alternative is to drop Bobby Quiney which I'm not sure will happen, but he'd probably be moved down to 3 so that Dean and Finch can open.

I reckon Tremain might be 12th though, which means DC and Stoinis will probably bowl more overs which is good news. Looks like the Possums can't lose selection wise!

R.Griffen

Siddle is in isn't he? Cricket Australia have allowed Victoria to name him

PowerBug

Quote from: R.Griffen on November 04, 2015, 11:51:45 PM
Siddle is in isn't he? Cricket Australia have allowed Victoria to name him
Yeah he is back in now. He wasn't in the 12 man squad named Tuesday though