Season 1: First Class Shield (Discussion Thread)

Started by PowerBug, October 18, 2015, 05:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

For all discussion relating to the FC Shield :)

Fixtures

Rd 1 [27th October]
Northern Territory vs Victoria
New South Wales vs Queensland
Western Australia vs Tasmania
South Australia vs ACT

Rd 2 [6th November]
Tasmania vs New South Wales
ACT vs Norther Territory
Victoria vs South Australia
Queensland vs Western Australia

Rd 3 [14th Novermber]
Northern Territory vs New South Wales
ACT vs Tasmania
Victoria vs Queensland
South Australia vs Western Australia

Rd 4 [27th November]
Tasmania vs Victoria
New South Wales vs South Australia
Western Australia vs Northern Territory
Queensland vs ACT

Rd 5 [6th December]
Northern Territory vs Tasmania
New South Wales vs Western Australia
Victoria vs ACT
South Australia vs Queensland

Rd 6 [3rd February]
Tasmania vs Queensland
ACT vs Western Australia
Victoria vs New South Wales
South Australia vs Northern Territory

Rd 7 [14th February]
Tasmania vs South Australia
New South Wales vs ACT
Western Australia vs Victoria
Queensland vs Northern Territory

Rd 8 [25th February]
Major Semi: 1st vs 2nd
Minor Semi: 3rd vs 4th

Rd 9 [5th March]
Prelim: Loser of Major Semi vs Winner of Minor Semi

Rd 10 [15th March]
Winner of Major Semi vs Winner of Prelim

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,104268.0.html
There is the link for the list of Cricket Australia Fixtures.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E6KdJ97R4Uy6AcnV1le2YfZ1f54tl2IBff5ZXgogZ0c/edit
Link to Google Sheets

PowerBug

The first thing I want to bring up. I am of the opinion that managers would like to see exactly who scored what for each round, and not just the highlights and overall scores. I am trying to find a way to do all this in Excel currently, so that all I have to do is fill in the actual cricket stats players get, and the rest comes very easily so I can copy/paste very easily.

It might not happen, but I am working on doing that for the Shield :)

nrich102

How different do people think the ladders going to look when the first 7 rounds of the shield are done compared to how they looked after the Matador cup? I can see WA (Sorry Torpy) falling down the table with guys like Starc and Marsh playing for Australia.

I reckon the Koalas should stay up the top  8)

PowerBug

Okay so I've been trying to get this spreadsheet up and running and I have a plan for it.

What I want to do it put it up on Google Sheets, so that you guys can edit and get the scores in your own time. I've got a few photos below of what you would actually do:

1. This is the main reason I want to do this. There might be times during the holidays where I am too busy to update things, or something else has happened and I just can't get online to do what I need to do, or alternatively someone might be watching the Shield and be super keen. There are ten sheets that look like this one, one for each round of the Shield season. All anyone would have to do, is type in the name of the 11 players that play a Shield match, for example this was a TAS vs NSW match from last season. The white cells will automatically update and tell you which D6s team and what type of player they are. Fill in the relevant stats for the player (0 = out, 1 = not out) for each batting and bowling innings. The rest, almost does itself.

2. Go to the sheet with your team on it, and scroll to the relevant Round. If your player is named, put a 1. If he's skipper put a C, anything else leave it blank. As you can see the last column works out who is named and who isn't. (By naked I mean if he is in your D6s team for the round)

3. This translates through another sheet then onto a fixtures sheet, where everything is listed. It will even update who is playing finals as the season goes on. This is purely to see what scores we have.

4. Finally it goes to a ladder which updates live for everyone to see.

5. And on your team sheet you can see this table, of every player with all the matches they have played and averages on the side and stuff, in a neat format like I hoped to achieve.

So yeah, that's what I've done. Would you all like to be able to update the sheet as well?

Nige

PowerBug

click here to go to the Google Sheets page.

Just there to muck around with, I am adding more things to my original then once it's all finalized I'll put it up.

Also, take a look and tell me if there's anything else you want to see on there, and I'll try to work out a way to do it.

R.Griffen

Love it, lots more detailed that the spreadsheet i was working on

PowerBug

Quote from: R.Griffen on October 22, 2015, 06:40:04 PM
Love it, lots more detailed that the spreadsheet i was working on
Haha thanks. I had to do a bit of reading re making the ladder update itself, other than that I think there's no major errors.

Only one I see is that if in the Fixtures page one team has a positive score, and the other score is left blank (or adds to 0), then it comes up as a loss for that team in the table. But that won't be an issue unless someone happens to have everyone's scores tally to 0.

PowerBug

The three away sides for Round 1 have named their 12/13 man squads for the matches. Article is on cricket.com.au

Nige

All teams are now up.

We've only got 6 this week.  :(

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on October 27, 2015, 02:05:37 PM
All teams are now up.

We've only got 6 this week.  :(
You have Klinger, Christian though. Arguably two of the best.

PowerBug

I've updated the spreadsheet to where we currently sit. NSW the only side that haven't got a full 6 players playing.

Brat Pack might be unhappy with his delisting of Scott Henry. The rest of you might be unhappy that you didn't pick him up!

BratPack

How did I know Queensland would pick him up?  >:(

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on October 28, 2015, 06:52:50 PM
I've updated the spreadsheet to where we currently sit. NSW the only side that haven't got a full 6 players playing.

Brat Pack might be unhappy with his delisting of Scott Henry. The rest of you might be unhappy that you didn't pick him up!
I was like "oh shower, somebody is missing Scott Henry's score" but then I remembered BP delisting him and was like "nope, we all are."  :P

Nige