Main Menu

The reesbr shield

Started by Cookie311993, October 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Quote from: auscoyote on April 13, 2016, 05:56:09 PM
Hey Cookie, looks like we are overdue for a match 18 vs 19.

Do ya want me to flick you a challenge or are you happy to maintain positions.
Let us know via FTP if ya want the challenge
We can play if you want. Either way, you can keep the position. My affiliate can probably get taken out of the Comp now we have plenty of teams

PowerBug

I'm chasing 270 against Torp so will likely lose. My bowlers are terrible but my 21yo ws went 59-2 and bowled the only maiden, arguably my 2nd best bowler today. Just proves yet again that sometimes the lesser skilled players can do the job if used correctly.

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3579490

F. Chaliapin (rf) 10-0-36-1, F. Rasil 50 (74b), F. Byrd 52 (67b)
End of over 34 (7 runs) - PowerBugCC(151-4). 120 runs required from 16 overs. RR 4.44 RRR 7.50
Hmmmmm.....

PowerBug

31 runs short in the end :(

Torpedo's Titans    PowerBugCC
Batting - Top Order    13,360    12,586
Batting - Middle Order    13,666    12,009
Batting - Tail    4,826    4,109
Bowling - Seam    13,426 (30)    12,398 (30)
Bowling - Spin    14,693 (20)    11,908 (20)
Fielding/Keeping    15,978    15,917
Overall    240,183    219,471

Considering the ratings I am happy with the effort. My 2,3,4,5 have capable, reasonable, accomplished, and reasonable power, and they are all being currently trained in Power. Give them a season and I reckon I'll have the players to cause those upsets required :)

Shaggy

PB, how do we get in on this? Or is it way too late?

PowerBug

Quote from: Shaggy on April 18, 2016, 05:59:19 PM
As I said in the other thread, you hadn't been around for so long so didn't want to include you. If you're gonna be around, then I'll add you in :) someone needs to find a way to beat Torp.

valkorum

Quote from: PowerBug on April 18, 2016, 06:22:18 PM
As I said in the other thread, you hadn't been around for so long so didn't want to include you. If you're gonna be around, then I'll add you in :) someone needs to find a way to beat Torp.

Shaggy can take my spot.  I am not able to pay much attention to FTP anymore, even just trying to organise a friendly is a hassle lately.  It's probably best I step down for now.

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on April 18, 2016, 07:48:44 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on April 18, 2016, 06:22:18 PM

Shaggy can take my spot.  I am not able to pay much attention to FTP anymore, even just trying to organise a friendly is a hassle lately.  It's probably best I step down for now.
If you really want that then i'm happy to make that change :(

PowerBug

Rankings
Champ   Torpedo's Titans (Torpedo10) (0)
1   PowerBugCC (PowerBug) (0)
2   Hello (Hellopplz) (+2)
3   DazBurg's Greatness (DazBurg) (-1)
4   Off the Radar (PowerBug)  (+2)
5   Ragnaros Firelords (PkBaldy) (-2)
6   Ninjas (nrich102) (-1)
7   Spinstars (Spinking) (+1)
8   chrisuzz (WhatMate) (0)
9   Shagglesburyingtonworth CC (Shaggy) (0)
10   The Doctor Who Fan Club (Torpedo10) (-3)
11   bundy bashers (cookie311993) (-2)
12   The Coolest Cats (Nige) (-1)
13   British Bulldogs (auscoyote) (0)
14   Spinkings (Spinking) (-4)
15   Star Waughs (BB67th) (-3)
16   JBs-Hawks (JBs-Hawks) (-2)
17   Norwood Redlegs (JBs-Hawks) (-1)
18   Aussie Coyotes (auscoyote) (-1)
19   Wilde Bay Wildcats (cookie311993) (-1)
20   Stirling Archers (PkBaldy) (-1)

Updated Schedule
Wk 5
Valkorum vs Norwood Redlegs DNP
Aussie Coyotes vs Wilde Bay Wildcats DNP

Wk 6
Torpedo's Titans vs PowerBugCC (14th April 05:30)
DazBurg's Greatness vs Hello (17th April 02:00)
Ragnaros Firelords vs Off the Radar (16th April 00:00)

WE ARE HERE

Wk 7
Ninjas vs Spinstars
The Doctor Who Fan Club vs bundy bashers
The Coolest Cats vs British Bulldogs
Spinkings vs Star Waughs

Wk 8
JBs Hawks vs Norwood Redlegs

Wk 9
PowerBugCC vs Hello
DazBurg's Greatness vs Off the Radar
Ragnaros Firelords vs 6

Wk 10
7 vs chrisuzz
Shagglesburyingtonworth CC vs 10
11 vs 12
13 vs 14

Wk 11
15 vs 16
17 vs 18
19 vs 20

Also here's a reminder of what was sent in the PM to everyone at the start of the season, as we have two new members I am posting it again. Also this is in the OP for future reference too:

In addition to scheduling a match during the correct week, teams are to post details of the match are to be posted in this thread as soon as finalised. If matches can't possibly be played during a certain week (e.g two non-members playing and one is in PC), they may be postponed a week where possible, otherwise they will just be cancelled. It will be the responsibility of the away side to make contact with the home manager asking to be challenged. If you do not do this then do not ask to swap spots with the team, request will be declined. If the away team doesn't wish to play the friendly then they do not have to. However if the away sides wants a game then the home side MUST oblige and send out a challenge or if not a member and Sunday's are taken then ask the away manager to send them the challenge on set conditions.
When sending a message to the home manager definitely do this via FTP, and maybe FF as well if a reply hasn't been found after that.

Cookie311993

I'm out of this comp. If I beat Torps affiliate I have to play shaggy who rates 240k compared to my 170k. I'm not gonna waste my time

PowerBug

Quote from: Cookie311993 on April 18, 2016, 09:15:10 PM
I'm out of this comp. If I beat Torps affiliate I have to play shaggy who rates 240k compared to my 170k. I'm not gonna waste my time
Dude settle okay, I just chucked in the new teams somewhere below where they should be ratings wise. My affiliate rates 195, Ragnaros is like 195 as well. Shaggy and chrisuzz will slowly move up if they are good enough (As expected). So it's not like that at all...

DazBurg

HP beat me by 1 wicket

what a finish to a match though was close!!

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on April 18, 2016, 09:19:30 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on April 18, 2016, 09:15:10 PM
Dude settle okay, I just chucked in the new teams somewhere below where they should be ratings wise. My affiliate rates 195, Ragnaros is like 195 as well. Shaggy and chrisuzz will slowly move up if they are good enough (As expected). So it's not like that at all...
Also, the point of this thing is to see where FF teams rank in terms of strength, it's basically our ranking formula. If you (or anyone else) want to move up, get better. I think all the teams above you rate 190k anyway (so does TDWFC as well) so it appears that's a bit of a gap in the first place. And as stated above if you are the away side there's no need to actually play the friendly match if you don't want to, so you can camp where you are just defending your spot against the team below you if you want, until your team rates a bit more.

Leaving is just a cowardly thing to do, it's not even wasting much of anyone's time to start with...

Shaggy

And lets face it, I'm not the the of guy who would lay comletely full strength against a weaker side. Wheres the fun in that for me? Its a waste of a friendly if it isn't challenging.

Hellopplz

Quote from: DazBurg on April 18, 2016, 09:44:14 PM
HP beat me by 1 wicket

what a finish to a match though was close!!
It really was a cracker! On a Slow as well, my dreaded pitch against Daz :P. If you are a Pav member and can view commentary, it was a good one 8).

Been a bit busy lately, so just lurking around the forum for a while in between. Happy for you to challenge me come our game time PB (as I figure you'll read here as well as FTP) :). Tactics seem to sort of finding shape, so I'm happy there :D.