The reesbr shield

Started by Cookie311993, October 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pkbaldy

BP keeps declining my challenge??

PowerBug

Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 03, 2016, 10:54:23 AM
Actually declining or not responding to it?

Pkbaldy

Quote from: PowerBug on February 03, 2016, 11:03:35 AM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on February 03, 2016, 10:54:23 AM
Actually declining or not responding to it?

Sent at: 02 Feb 16 15:15   From:  Challenge Declined   To:  Baldy92
Your challenge to The Brat Pack on 4/02/16 12:00 AM has been declined.

The reason given for declining the challenge is below.

PowerBug

Might need to have a chat to him then. I didn't think his "I'm out" call when you beat him was actually meaning that he was out, but maybe it did? Also if that's the only one there's a chance he might be in a friendly comp which is run by teams making their own friendlies...

PowerBug

Three games on tomorrow!

6 Off the Radar vs 7 Ninjas (04:30)
8 The Doctor Who Fan Club vs 9 Spinstars (08:00)
2 PowerBugCC vs 3 Hello (08:00)

I was also thinking, that in Week 0 what we could do is pick a day, and with ranging time starts going from 22:00 to 09:00 we can play as many shield games as possible. Right now the schedule is only for the top 3 matches, but if we got all 10 possible games to be played on the one day, I figure that would be pretty cool. Make a whole event of it. Anyone keen for that? I will send a PM about it maybe next week but for now discuss which day we could do this.

My brainstorming:
22:00
00:00
02:00
04:30
05:00
05:30
08:00
09:00

That's 8 timezones, so if we could get at least 8 matches going, and cover each timezone, that would be pretty cool. That would be a 9am start (AEDT) and the last game would finish around 1am (But would suit the WA people perhaps like valk is and I think? auscoyote) so we can put their games on then maybe. Also tr to schedule it so that we have the top games going on around similar times.

Or we can just ask the home team for every game to pick the time they wish to play on, and the highest ranked gets first choice (So Torp goes first) and so on..

I think this would be pretty cool who's with me?!

auscoyote

I'm easy mate, Will go with the flow.

My teams can play anytime with notice and yes from W.A

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3460761
Odinga has called heads correctly and has decided to bat. Ninjas will start their innings shortly.

nrich102

Didn't get off to the best start, but a nice little partnership going now.

I like the idea of having one game day where we play all the games back to back at the start of the season.

And of course as I'm posting Vermeltfoort gets out  >:( ::)

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on February 04, 2016, 05:39:25 PM
Didn't get off to the best start, but a nice little partnership going now.

I like the idea of having one game day where we play all the games back to back at the start of the season.

And of course as I'm posting Vermeltfoort gets out  >:( ::)
I bat a little deeper today than normal, 8 is an All Rounder, 9 and 10 have reasonable and average batting. In saying that you've started well through 25 overs :)

nrich102

Double wicket maiden. Royce is accomplished, and Watmuff is capable, but after that the batting isn't very good. Going to need  a big one from Woodfull to have a chance.

nrich102

Looks like my chances are down the toilet now  :(

PowerBug

Quote from: nrich102 on February 04, 2016, 06:25:42 PM
Looks like my chances are down the toilet now  :(
It'll be tough no doubt. I can't see me winning as easily as I did last time we played though.

I also just noticed that I'm using exactly the same orders I used when I won by 10 wickets. So you've done better already by scoring more runs than that time! :)

PowerBug

F. Turner (rfm) 5-1-14-0, R. Darling 37 (62b), A. Noor 25 (38b)
End of over 16 (1 run) - Off the Radar(75-0). 118 runs required from 34 overs. RR 4.69 RRR 3.47
Cmon richo, surely these two won't go all the way again :(

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3460807
Angus has called tails and lost the toss. Byrd ponders for a moment before deciding to bowl first. Hello will start their innings shortly.
HP batting first in 2 vs 3. Sunny/Sticky

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3461015
J. Gibbons has called tails and lost the toss. Kanhai ponders for a moment before deciding to bat first. The Doctor Who Fan Club will start their innings shortly.
Torp batting first in 8 vs 9. Windy/Green

Those online, hop on chat. Or at least chat here.

nrich102

I need a wicket pretty flowering badly. It's almost like my bowlers just can't play friendlies against you mate. They do fine against everyone else, but not against you. Odinga getting hammered as well doesn't help.

nrich102

23.2WIles to Noor : Terrible batting from Noor. I could have driven a double decker bus through the gap between his bat and pad, so it's no surprise to see the off stump pegged back.A. Noor b. W. Iles 45 (56b 4x4 0x6) SR:80.36

About flowering time.