Main Menu

The reesbr shield

Started by Cookie311993, October 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BratPack

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/gamedetails.htm?gameId=3453796

pkbaldy and I are playing on Thursday, he challenged because I'm not a member, I set the conditions

PowerBug

Awesome :D All the first lot of games are done.

Week 1 guys, start challenging!

Nige

I would if I could but I can't so I won't.  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on November 11, 2015, 12:52:43 PM
Not a member? Hopefully you and BB get knocked out Rd 1 of the Pav Cup then :P

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on November 11, 2015, 01:00:53 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 11, 2015, 12:52:43 PM
Not a member? Hopefully you and BB get knocked out Rd 1 of the Pav Cup then :P
Nope. Being a member requires money right? That's something I don't have.

auscoyote

Hey all.

Just logged back into FF in what has been ages.
Noticed ya missing teams 19 and 20. If ya want to fill them i will be keen.(Dont mind starting at the bottom rung)
My main team Coyotes is in transition to a youth dedication and on a tight budget. ODI rank 1236.
My Aff team British Bulldogs is tracking well in seniors with a nice cash flow atm, Odi rank 817

Good concept for a shield comp PB. hope it works out smoothly. Will you be able to add new members mid season or will they have to wait until fixtures for the following season?

valkorum

@auscoyote  To be perfectly honest, having a youth only dedication is actually difficult to run and requires extremely efficient money management.  If you're struggling for finances now then this may not be the best route.

auscoyote

Cheers Valk,
Thanks for the heads up. Being my first team i kind hedged my bets in both camps so that is why money is tight (trying to have my cake and eat it too haha) whereas my Aff team is strictly seniors and developing nicely. Something needs to be done with my Coyotes though, hence the transition. I'm thinking it wiil be a long hard process with not much short term success but i'm up for the challenge.

valkorum

Here is a breakdown of how to manage your money

Academies
Run your youth academy as high as possible. At least lavish (I run mine at deluxe).  Then strip down your Senior Academy to non-existent

Wages
If you are truly dedicated to youth only then strip out your Senior Squad and put in 12 guys whose wages are below $1000 (dont spend more than $2000 on the transfer market for each player - you're trying to save money).  The lowest possible wage is $400

12 x $400 = $4,800
12 x $1000 = $12,000
12 x $2000 = $24,000

Then keep in mind that you have to pay that wage every week (14 weeks a season). 

14 x $4,800 = $67,200
14 x $12,000 = $168,000
14 x $24,000 = $336,000

As you can see, holding on to high waged players costs you a lot each season.  The more money you can save here the more money you will have to spend on buying youths (weeks 1 - 3 of each season... the decent youths are expensive)

Ground Maintenance
I run my ground at a capacity of 7,500 which costs $7,500 per week... but I am in Div 1. 
While you are still in lower divisions I would run a ground of 6,000 - 6,500.  The highest crowd attendance I have had in Div 1 is 9,400 and that was against GM-deltronzero (we were both ranked top 10 in the world at the time).  Once again, you pay each week for your ground maintenance.

Income
Your income will be extremely poor as Youth games give the least money for ticket prices, sponsorship and prize money (never rely on prize money for your income)

You will also find that you are in low divisions for the senior sides as well (generally around Div 4 & 5) so the income from sponsorship and tickets are low here as well.  Try to play your best team possible in the SOD games as you want this league to be as high as possible... as it gives the best ticket price, sponsorship and experience for your player.

Selling the players when they turn 20 is another form of income but this has been getting lower and lower as each season passes.

Training
Always... I repeat.... ALWAYS train fielding first.  Choose your minimum (at least reasonable) and train to that first, then switch to primary training.  Once you get to a lavish Youth Academy it will take approx 3 weeks per fielding pop.  I personally always train primaries evenly (but that may be changing if the new player attributes comes in)

General
You will need to run a squad of at least 18 - 20 players so you can play all youths in all games (SOD, T20 and YOD).  They changed the rules a couple of seasons ago where fatigued players dont receive full training, so you need to manage your players fatigue. 

You will need 2 x keepers and 2 x AR's (I try to keep them 2 years in age apart) so you can manage the fatigue (if you play the 1 keeper/AR in all 3 games each week you will be extremely fatigued and therefore not train efficiently).

Make sure you have enough bowlers and batsman - dont get overloaded on one type.  I generally look to add 5 players each season.  I always add 2 x batsmen and 2 x bowlers and then each year swap between getting an AR or a Keeper.

auscoyote

Great write up Valk.

Im starting my 6th full season with my main and 5th with my Aff.
My main i'm in Div 3 youths and Div 4 SOD and T20 Australia.
My Academies are Sup senior (most cost effective i believe) and upgraded to Lux youths mid last season, hence the extremely tight budget atm. Will have to sell some seniors off shortly, just aim to win a few games first to hopefully make sure i don't relegate in Div 4 seniors so as my youths can gain that extra exp when they play SOD's then hopefully carry their weight when they move to my senior squad.

I'm hesitant atm on stripping down my senior Academy as all the $$$ i put in but know it is prob the way to go as this is how i run my Aff and they are cruising. I dont think i could afford both until maybe my senior squad moves up a couple of divs (long time away). I say it would be extremely hard to run Sup/Lux if at all and be competitive, unless ya in high Div's with the extra income but was going to try and give it a go this season and learn the lessons along the way.
If i do strip it (very much on the cards I think), it will be fully down to non-exist like you said.

My intention has been to start and stay in Aus with eventually having a full Aussie side with a few international youths to make some coin.

As for training, yep i already train my youths to reas/cap fielding straight off the bat at 16. Always looking out for those hard to find bargain youths with at least poor exp but cash is tight.

Thanks for the tips mate! Ever since i found out about FTP on here thanks to Powerbug ive been hooked.
Love me cricket and somehow enjoy learning the hard way so i look fwd to the challenge ahead.

Hopefully P/Bug can slot us into this shield so i can play some of the FF crew this season. My British Bulldogs might put up a fight, they rating about 170K with Lux academy. My Coyote's however will be on the long road. :)

Pkbaldy

Ahhhh flower! BP rates like 200k+ and i'm about 175k... I just spend like an hour on tactics and i'm going to get shower on hahaha...

PowerBug

Quote from: Pkbaldy on November 11, 2015, 05:22:56 PM
Ahhhh flower! BP rates like 200k+ and i'm about 175k... I just spend like an hour on tactics and i'm going to get shower on hahaha...
There's a bit of a gap to catch up but you'll get there :) Also catching up 25k is very possible!

Quote from: auscoyote on November 11, 2015, 01:16:11 PM
Hey all.

Just logged back into FF in what has been ages.
Noticed ya missing teams 19 and 20. If ya want to fill them i will be keen.(Dont mind starting at the bottom rung)
My main team Coyotes is in transition to a youth dedication and on a tight budget. ODI rank 1236.
My Aff team British Bulldogs is tracking well in seniors with a nice cash flow atm, Odi rank 817

Good concept for a shield comp PB. hope it works out smoothly. Will you be able to add new members mid season or will they have to wait until fixtures for the following season?
Welcome back! What I'll do is after this lot of games (Wk 0, 1 and 2) I'll slot your teams in. Both sides will start lower than normal but they won't necessarily both start from the bottom. :)

auscoyote

Cheers mate, l look fwd to it.
I dont mind where i start, just happy to make up the numbers ;)

Pkbaldy

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/commentary.htm?gameId=3453796

Pk vs BP.

Odds Head to Head;
BP- $1.25
Pkbaldy- $4.50
Draw- $12.00

Pk Line;
Over 5 Wicket/99 Runs- $1.92
Under 5 Wickets/99 Runs -$1.92

Most Runs;
G. Lucas - $2.50
E. Knill- $2.75
T.Dean- $4.20
B.Lee- $5.50
A. Sudhakar $5.50
H. McCarthy $ 7.50
H. Muttalib $7.50
N. Saldanha $11.00
B. Kaiser$ 12.00
J. Daniels$ 15.00
Others $21.00

Most Wickets;
M. Bruin - $1.95
L.Dunstan- $3.50
G. Nidheesh- $4.00
A. Hewley- $7.00
S. Huizenga $7.00
H. Muttalib $7.50
D.Perriman$9.00
Others $15.00

PowerBug

Unfortunately I had an exam in the morning and one about to start so can't tune in to watch this. You seem to have started alright though Pk!