Main Menu

The reesbr shield

Started by Cookie311993, October 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

THE REESBR SHIELD

How this works:
Every team has a rank as shown below. This rank corresponds to where you sit in the rankings of FF run clubs. It will be the way of determining which club is truly the best on FanFooty.

Rankings

Champ Torpedo's Titans (Torpedo10)
1 PowerBugCC (PowerBug)
2 DazBurg's Greatness (DazBurg)
3 Hello (Hellopplz)
4 The Brat Pack (BratPack)
5 Ragnaros Firelords (PkBaldy)
6 Off the Radar (PowerBug)
7 The Doctor Who Fan Club (Torpedo10)
8 Ninjas (nrich102)
9 bundy bashers (cookie311993)
10 Spinkings (Spinking)
11 Spinstars (Spinking)
12 Cats and Narwhals (Nige)
13 Star Waughs (BB67th)
14 Valkorum (valkorum)
15 JBs-Hawks (JBs-Hawks)
16 Norwood Redlegs (JBs-Hawks)
17 Wilde Bay Wildcats (cookie311993)
18 Stirling Archers (PkBaldy)

There are two ways to make your ranking better, the first and most common is via the friendly schedule. Reesbr shield friendly matches will be played going by the following:

Schedule
Wk 0: Champ vs 1, 2 vs 3, 4 vs 5
Wk 1: No Matches
Wk 2: No Matches
Wk 3: 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6
Wk 4: 7 vs 8, 9 vs 10, 11 vs 12, 13 vs 14
Wk 5: 15 vs 16, 17 vs 18, 19 vs 20
Wk 6: Champ vs 1, 2 vs 3, 4 vs 5
Wk 7: 6 vs 7, 8 vs 9, 10 vs 11, 12 vs 13
Wk 8: 14 vs 15, 16 vs 17, 18 vs 19
Wk 9: 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6
Wk 10: 7 vs 8, 9 vs 10, 11 vs 12, 13 vs 14
Wk 11: 15 vs 16, 17 vs 18, 19 vs 20
Wk 12: Champ vs 1, 2 vs 3, 4 vs 5, 6 vs 7, 8 vs 9
Wk 13: 10 vs 11, 12 vs 13, 14 vs 15, 16 vs 17, 18 vs 19
Wk 14: 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4, 5 vs 6

In addition to scheduling a match during the correct week, teams are to post details of the match are to be posted in this thread as soon as finalised. If matches can't possibly be played during a certain week (e.g two non-members playing and one is in PC), they may be postponed a week where possible, otherwise they will just be cancelled. It will be the responsibility of the away side to make contact with the home manager asking to be challenged. If you do not do this then do not ask to swap spots with the team, request will be declined. If the away team doesn't wish to play the friendly then they do not have to. However if the away sides wants a game then the home side MUST oblige and send out a challenge or if not a member and Sunday's are taken then ask the away manager to send them the challenge on set conditions.
When sending a message to the home manager definitely do this via FTP, and maybe FF as well if a reply hasn't been found after that.

The result of the match will have the following effect:
- If the side lower on the rankings wins, they will swap spots with the team they just beat.
- If the side higher on the table wins, no change will occur
- A tie will result in no change in places

Although it will be very uncommon, it is possible for teams to switch places in a League or Cup match as well if the following rule is in place:
- The teams playing are direcetly next to eachother in the rankings
- The team higher on the table is listed as the home team
- Any league match that satisfies the above rules is a non-negotiable and will be played for rankings positions. I don't possess superpowers so if this is to occur it is important that someone mentions it here before the match is played.

In addition the following restrictions are in place:
- All new teams to FF will start from the bottom unless admin (PowerBug) decides otherwise. (i.e. An established FTP manager with a 200k side creates a FF account, they won't be made to start from the bottom)

ClubManagerAcquired ShieldLost ShieldWeeks as championSuccessful defenses
Torpedo's TitansTorpedo10Season 29, Week 0Current Owner 226

Current Shield owner: Torpedo's Titans (Torpedo10)

DazBurg

valkorum

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on October 12, 2015, 01:12:39 PM
I assume this is a senior team competition?
No not at all. Well kind of.

It's like a best XI in competition. So if you run a youth squad only you'll be lower on the rankings but you can still compete, as you might change your mind one day and then you can work your way up.

I feel like it would be best if every FF team was involved, I doubt anyone would not want to participate it's only like 3-4 friendlies per season that you would play absolute tops.

DazBurg

nrich102

PowerBug

PowerBug
PowerBug aff
Torp
Torp aff
Hellopplz
cookie
cookie aff
DazBurg
DazBurg aff?
nrich
BratPack
PkBaldy
Nige
BB67th
valkorum
JB
JB aff
Spink
Spink aff

Is that everyone that participates here?
Rank everyone by OD ranking at EOS, best ranking is the owner of the shield.

Thoughts on the following:

- Teams can only challenge the side within 2 places of them (E.g. if you are 4th you can play 2nd, 3rd, 5th or 6th)
- The higher placed side gets to decide the conditions for the match
- If the side lower ranked wins against a higher ranked side they will move up one position.
- If a side is to lose 2 matches in a row to higher ranked opposition, they will drop a position.

(Not sure if this works perfectly regarding the up/down movements, may need to trial run a few to see if it works)

OR

- Teams can only challenge the side the side directly above them
- The higher ranked side gets to pick the conditions for the match
- If the lower ranked side wins then they swap spots.
- If a side challenges a higher side twice in a row and loses, they will drop a position regardless.

(this is more simple, can only challenge directly above)

Spinking

Torpedo10

PowerBug

Quote from: Spinking on October 12, 2015, 08:51:31 PM
Me too. Plus Aff
Done. That makes 19 teams. :) I forgot to add BratPack there. I think there's a couple more I'm missing still.

PowerBug

Thoughts on, The Reesbr Shield? If you don't know who reesbr is, he posted this:
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,12349.msg83156.html#msg83156
Quote from: reesbr
Hey guys I recently found this really good online cricket management game called From the Pavilion.

If any of you are interested in cricket I reccomend you give it a go  ;)

Here is a link:

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/login.html"

So basically he started it all.

valkorum

Quote from: DazBurg on October 12, 2015, 05:35:06 PM
Valk yuo still running youth only?

I am just starting to build a senior side - a few players out of my youth squad to be promoted each season.  Started last season with 2 players, 2 more players this season and then 4 players each season for the next 3 seasons.  Slowly improve my senior academy over this time as well (currently at good)

Should give me a reasonable team and not be too financially draining while getting up and running..  Also, it should give me a chance to get to Div 3 in SOD and T20 by the time my team is ready (well thats the plan anyway).  Worse case I am in Div 4

I dont expect to be competitive for about 6 - 8 season time from now.

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on October 13, 2015, 03:21:43 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on October 12, 2015, 05:35:06 PM
Valk yuo still running youth only?

I am just starting to build a senior side - a few players out of my youth squad to be promoted each season.  Started last season with 2 players, 2 more players this season and then 4 players each season for the next 3 seasons.  Slowly improve my senior academy over this time as well (currently at good)

Should give me a reasonable team and not be too financially draining while getting up and running..  Also, it should give me a chance to get to Div 3 in SOD and T20 by the time my team is ready (well thats the plan anyway).  Worse case I am in Div 4

I dont expect to be competitive for about 6 - 8 season time from now.
Competitive for the top maybe 6 seasons, competitive against other teams will come immediately :)

valkorum

I think the lower placed side should decide the match conditions/settings.  Otherwise the higher team just picks suitable conditions for them and the lower place team will never have a chance.

PowerBug

Quote from: valkorum on October 13, 2015, 05:10:49 PM
I think the lower placed side should decide the match conditions/settings.  Otherwise the higher team just picks suitable conditions for them and the lower place team will never have a chance.
By beating the team on their conditions you prove that you are better though. Beating them on your own choice doesn't exactly show that.

That's where I sit with it. What do the rest think? I certainly see merit in letting the lower side pick. Perhaps one side picks either the pitch or the weather and the other one is random. Stop a complete choice of the conditions.