Main Menu

The reesbr shield

Started by Cookie311993, October 11, 2015, 08:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

D. Perriman (rws) 2-0-10-0, T. Choto 66 (67b), N. Ayasha 5 (9b)
End of over 20 (9 runs) - DazBurg's Greatness(107-1) RR 5.35

PowerBug

Think that is a pretty good start Daz :o

DazBurg

D. Perriman (rws) 5-0-30-1, F. Kaleel 2 (7b), T. Choto 100 (96b)
End of over 30 (5 runs) - DazBurg's Greatness(169-2) RR 5.63

lost another wicket in that 10 over period but slightly raised the RR

PowerBug

For a Sunny/Slow, I think you have an easy job defending this. If your team is to be tested early wickets need to be taken, as you have Yaseen at 7. (Isn't he like an avg bat?) And obviously your side is suited to the conditions with a medium and two spinners.

DazBurg

Quote from: PowerBug on February 28, 2016, 09:40:28 PM
For a Sunny/Slow, I think you have an easy job defending this. If your team is to be tested early wickets need to be taken, as you have Yaseen at 7. (Isn't he like an avg bat?) And obviously your side is suited to the conditions with a medium and two spinners.
actually only an ordinary bat
my tail does not wag

yeah Slow is my home pitch for my leagues too ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: DazBurg on February 28, 2016, 09:42:59 PM
my tail does not wag

It's the difference between Div 2 and 1 though. Like you I got to Div 1 without an All Rounder (I think I had about cap batting on my number 7) but once you get to Div 1 it hurts big time not having someone at 7 (Or even 8 for that matter).

I bat to 8 now which has helped me many times in the last season to help me get back to Div 1, today though all it's going to do is limit the loss by a few runs :(

DazBurg

Quote from: PowerBug on February 28, 2016, 09:48:07 PM
Quote from: DazBurg on February 28, 2016, 09:42:59 PM
my tail does not wag

It's the difference between Div 2 and 1 though. Like you I got to Div 1 without an All Rounder (I think I had about cap batting on my number 7) but once you get to Div 1 it hurts big time not having someone at 7 (Or even 8 for that matter).

I bat to 8 now which has helped me many times in the last season to help me get back to Div 1, today though all it's going to do is limit the loss by a few runs :(
yeah it does hurt never really had an AR till now Hassan just turned 20 so will start trying to build him up

L. Dunstan (rfs) 8-0-34-2, T. Choto 131 (131b), G. Khaleel 0 (0b)
End of over 40 (3 runs) - DazBurg's Greatness(218-3) RR 5.45

wicket feel on last ball of that over too

DazBurg

W
Dunstan to Choto : Quicker delivery that pitches and turns sharply. Choto pushes forward to defend but fails to make contact and the ball hits the pad right in front of the stumps. He was beaten by the extra pace and the sharp turn there.
T. Choto lbw b. L. Dunstan 148 (144b 12x4 1x6) SR:102.78

great innings from Choto just what you want from an opener

PowerBug

Yeah that's a match winner right there

auscoyote

Norwood Redlegs comfortably chased down 344 on a flat deck with an over to spare to record a win against the Aussie Coyotes.

Star Waughs v British Bulldogs match will have to be rescheduled. BB67th did send a challenge out but to the Coyote's.

I've messaged back saying i will flick him a challenge during the week if he lets us know his pitch conditions and a time.

nrich102

Fell 30 runs short in the chase  :(

auscoyote

Quote from: PowerBug on February 25, 2016, 10:59:13 PM
Torp your reign as champion ends on Sunday >:D

I was expecting to see a new top dog today to keep those champ records in check until my Bulldogs get up there :P

Going by that top of the table clash though, Torp's Titans look a formidable team in form that knows how to get the game won.(and they should on those $$$ :o)
All wrapped up in the 36th :o to make it 3 in row (thats officially on a roll) against the PowerBugCC.

Carn P/Bug, I can clearly see you hold the upper hand in the rivalry stakes but ya cant keep falling back on that old chestnut ;D Lift ya game mate :P ;D Consider it a challenge from the rest of us coaches.

No offence to your team Torp. Just shining the spotlight at the top of the table and reminding your challengers it's a GF.
As a West Coast supporter, I believe we shouldn't have to witness any more GF's played without 100% of competitive spirit.

After all, we shouldn't be helping the "hawthorn dynasty's" out there :P

DazBurg

DazBurg's Greatness won by 104 runs

DazBurg's Greatness    Ragnaros Firelords
Batting - Top Order    12,001    11,283
Batting - Middle Order    9,622    9,124
Batting - Tail    4,945    4,954
Bowling - Seam    14,199 (30)    10,688 (20)
Bowling - Spin    15,757 (20)    12,119 (30)
Fielding/Keeping    16,623    13,220
Overall    225,310    193,889

hey remember back int he day when getting to 200k seemed like a massive achievement?

i remember being like i don't see how i'll ever get there...lol

PowerBug

I really thought yesterday was the day, but I have a hate for anything to do with spin so the Windy weather stuffed me up. :( Ahhh well, now to try and beat Daz just to get another crack at him.

Yep, I sure do remember rating 200k and thinking about how good I was!

Torpedo10

Quote from: auscoyote on February 29, 2016, 03:16:16 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on February 25, 2016, 10:59:13 PM
Torp your reign as champion ends on Sunday >:D

I was expecting to see a new top dog today to keep those champ records in check until my Bulldogs get up there :P

Going by that top of the table clash though, Torp's Titans look a formidable team in form that knows how to get the game won.(and they should on those $$$ :o)
All wrapped up in the 36th :o to make it 3 in row (thats officially on a roll) against the PowerBugCC.

Carn P/Bug, I can clearly see you hold the upper hand in the rivalry stakes but ya cant keep falling back on that old chestnut ;D Lift ya game mate :P ;D Consider it a challenge from the rest of us coaches.

No offence to your team Torp. Just shining the spotlight at the top of the table and reminding your challengers it's a GF.
As a West Coast supporter, I believe we shouldn't have to witness any more GF's played without 100% of competitive spirit.

After all, we shouldn't be helping the "hawthorn dynasty's" out there :P
Haha sorry aus, I was bed ridden most of yesterday so I really didn't think about the game much until last night.

Well played PB, look forward to our League meeting.  :)